blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1826 1827 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3647322 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #27435 on: December 15, 2015, 01:32:57 PM »

I think that's a bag o bollocks, there's plenty of subjective meaning about death if you're not the one doing the dying

Glen.

You've gradually become one of my favorite blondes. I was going to make a post about you but when I was thinking about what to put, I couldn't decide what was real and what was imagined.

When I know a bit about someone but not everything, I kind of subconsciously fill in the gaps. I don't know if that's just me btw, or if everyone does that, but you know what I mean, it's a bit like criminal profiling, start with what you know and take your best guess at the rest.

So anyway, I decided it might be quite fun to take a stab at doing your profile, but then I realised that some of it be wildly inaccurate or you might find it insulting.

So I'll let you decide. Do you think it would be amusing to see how much I get wrong? Do you want me to do your 'criminal' profile?

Agree. I enjoy nearly all nirvana posts and his SOH.

I like you Tom, try to fill in the gaps, but sadly, can only imagine nirvana as the face that has been his previous avatar for so long, having never met him.

The same applies to Mullhuzz, who whilst seemingly very intelligent can only be thought of as an oompah loompah, until met.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27436 on: December 15, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »

I think that's a bag o bollocks, there's plenty of subjective meaning about death if you're not the one doing the dying

Glen.

You've gradually become one of my favorite blondes. I was going to make a post about you but when I was thinking about what to put, I couldn't decide what was real and what was imagined.

When I know a bit about someone but not everything, I kind of subconsciously fill in the gaps. I don't know if that's just me btw, or if everyone does that, but you know what I mean, it's a bit like criminal profiling, start with what you know and take your best guess at the rest.

So anyway, I decided it might be quite fun to take a stab at doing your profile, but then I realised that some of it be wildly inaccurate or you might find it insulting.

So I'll let you decide. Do you think it would be amusing to see how much I get wrong? Do you want me to do your 'criminal' profile?

I like you Tom, try to fill in the gaps, but sadly, can only imagine nirvana as the face that has been his previous avatar for so long, having never met him.

The same applies to Mullhuzz, who whilst seemingly very intelligent can only be thought of as an oompah loompah, until met.

Try to imagine that fella in "One foot in the grave".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #27437 on: December 17, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »

Hi Tom,

Do you have a laser torch ? If so can you give me any recommendations as I'd like to buy Pete one for Christmas. I seem to remember there was a thread on here about them, it might have been called something like ' I want one of these '. I can't find that thread now.

xx
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27438 on: December 17, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »

Glen.

Ha, only just saw this - the previous Avatar was your hero Chompy :-) You are right though, Mullhuzz can only ever be an oompah loompah even after he posted a real pic of himself

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27439 on: December 17, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »

Glen.

Try to imagine that fella in "One foot in the grave".

Don't know why this made me laugh - pretty sure I should be insulted

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27440 on: December 17, 2015, 05:45:25 PM »

This could be the end of a beautiful friendship.

Glen. (AKA nirvana)  I think that's the only thing I know about him for sure. I have him down as being born to upper middle class parents so I'm guessing that he has a second name and that it's something straightforward like Andrew or Trevor. Surname, again no idea but again something typically English. I'm going for Cartwright.

I have met Glen so I should be able to take a decent stab at his age. He looks in decent nick to me, lived in face, bit of snow on the roof etc, I'm going for late (very late) 50's.

He writes well and has a good vocabulary. He has strong opinions on a wide range of subjects and doesn't mind if they are at odds with those of the majority. He can be very forthright with his arguments but seems to find it amusing rather than annoying when people disagree. He can be stubborn though,  cutting off his nose to spite his face even when he knows it's - life ev.

I think he had a really good state school education and graduated uni.

At some point there was probably a drink / drugs stage phase, and perhaps a brush with the law.

It's fairly obvious that music has played a big part in his life and continues to do so. I'm almost sure he was in a band at one stage, I want to say he played bass guitar but I'm going to plump for keyboard/backing vocals. I think he has a vast collection of vinyl records that he never plays but can't bring himself to part with. His fave genre is rock or punk. I have this image of him with orange spiky hair and a prominent safety pin.

I don't know where he lives but it has to be somewhere within striking distance of Luton. I'm guessing somewhere further south, perhaps on the outskirts of London.

I can't decide if he owns his own house or not, I'm sure he could afford to if he wanted (I think he's loaded) but I'm not sure he would choose to. I'm half tempted to say he rents a flat just for the sake of convenience. I don't think he is a gardener or a pet owner.

Work. A well paid white collar job, maybe in the insurance or finance industry.

If Glen were a sweet he would be a chocolate lime. He cultivates a hard outer shell but it's very thin and everyone knows that there is a soft gooey centre just millimeters below the surface. That said, if it really mattered I think he would step up to the plate.

I have him down as one of life's true romantics. I don't know if there is a Mrs Glen. I seem to think there was once but for some reason it went pear shaped and now they are no longer together.

I'm guessing he has at least one grown up child.

I think Glen has always thought of himself as a bit of a misfit. He is prone to push the boundaries, not perhaps to test other people, but more to test himself.

He spent a lifetime trying to work out what it all means, then I think he got ill and had a close encounter with the grim reaper which changed his outlook completely.

I think he gets it now. He seems to have found that elusive balance between seizing the day and stopping to smell the roses.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27441 on: December 17, 2015, 06:01:26 PM »

Hi Tom,

Do you have a laser torch ? If so can you give me any recommendations as I'd like to buy Pete one for Christmas. I seem to remember there was a thread on here about them, it might have been called something like ' I want one of these '. I can't find that thread now.

xx

No sorry, I don't have one. I haven't had a really powerful torch since I gave up lamping and that was donkey's years ago.

Back then if you wanted mega-lumens you had to use a car headlight powered by a motorcycle battery strapped to your back.

Nowadays there is some blinding stuff out there, I would have sold my soul for it.

Costco had a whole range of excellent lamps, torches and spotlights of all genres the last time I was there.

What will he use it for? LED's are great, fantastically bright and the batteries last forever, but lasers are better at making helicopters crash

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #27442 on: December 17, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »

Hi Tom,

xx

No sorry, I don't have one. I haven't had a really powerful torch since I gave up lamping and that was donkey's years ago.

Back then if you wanted mega-lumens you had to use a car headlight powered by a motorcycle battery strapped to your back.

Nowadays there is some blinding stuff out there, I would have sold my soul for it.

Costco had a whole range of excellent lamps, torches and spotlights of all genres the last time I was there.

What will he use it for? LED's are great, fantastically bright and the batteries last forever, but lasers are better at making helicopters crash

We don't really have a use for one so just as a toy really. The thread that I can't find it mentioned walking in the woods and lighting up hundreds of yards ahead. So really I'm just looking for a very high power torch. I don't think I want to make any helicopters crash. Smiley
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27443 on: December 17, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »

Hi Tom,

xx

We don't really have a use for one so just as a toy really. The thread that I can't find it mentioned walking in the woods and lighting up hundreds of yards ahead. So really I'm just looking for a very high power torch. I don't think I want to make any helicopters crash. Smiley

I would go for something like a 1000 or even 2000 lumen LED. Check out Amazon and Costco. I don't have any first hand experience though so read the reviews.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27444 on: December 17, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »

Hi Tom,

xx

There you go Lisa.

Should have been obvious, given the thread title. (Not).

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66413.msg2101826#msg2101826

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27445 on: December 17, 2015, 07:02:17 PM »

Really interesting Tom, am out to play poker tonight so I won't clog up your diary with feedback today but will gladly do it later if home early or tomorrow. I can't resist really as who doesn't like self indulge occasionally and talk about themselves.

Some acutely accurate observations though and some wide of the mark which I put down to you being 65 or so.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=g&n=157863 - the opening pic is me doing a selfie pout quite recently - somehow found itself on to the mob site courtesy of chompy, Celtic or pizzled I imagine.

In the gallery there are 3 pics, the one in the Joy division shirt is me around 3-4 years ago I think, the other 2 are lookey likeys my 'friends' posted to the mob - I think the kebab shop owner does look very similar.

Anyway, the whole point of that is that I'm actually 53 1/2 so it's been pretty rough down south the last 50 years or so.

sola virtus nobilitat
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27446 on: December 17, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »

When I opened that Hendon Mob link my actual reaction was "OH my god its you" no idea where we have met but we have. Probably Luton.

Well played Mr Red hope this becomes a feature of your diary, good fun and should generate some good reply's.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #27447 on: December 17, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »

Hi Tom,

xx

There you go Lisa.

Should have been obvious, given the thread title. (Not).

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66413.msg2101826#msg2101826

Thanks Tikay, that's why I couldn't find it.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27448 on: December 17, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »

When I opened that Hendon Mob link my actual reaction was "OH my god its you" no idea where we have met but we have. Probably Luton.

Well played Mr Red hope this becomes a feature of your diary, good fun and should generate some good reply's.

Happens a lot. Footie equivalent would be thinking 'OMG, it's Bergkamp'

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27449 on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »

Great post tom.

You can do me if you like Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 1826 1827 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 1833 1834 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: