blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 1838 1839 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3647461 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27510 on: December 28, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »

I may have been slightly inebriated when posting last evening, as in the sober light of day I seem to recall that it was established during our previous discussion on here that I was in fact wrong about the Walther PPK.

My roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was lovely thank you, especially the yorkies which were a personal best; it pained me to have to throw the last two away they were so light and delicious. The beef could have done with an extra ten minutes if I'm hyper-critical, but the tatties were nice and crunchy.

That must have been some turkey to feed fourteen of you, I would't know where to start if I had to cook for more than three or four peeps.

Season's greetings to you Zelly and the girls.
i
Leftover Yorkies puds go lovely with Golden Syrup.

What is this 'Left over' of which you speak?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:56:24 AM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
engy

View Profile
« Reply #27511 on: December 28, 2015, 08:39:05 PM »

I used to get taken out in the pram from about the age of 2 till 6 with my nana  (tatting as it was called here) basically my nana shouting any old rags, she reckons she got more when she took me coz I was cute Smiley don't know what happened to that Sad

Yes, tatting. I was dressed out of the tats until i was about 16

Your post is so interesting to me but it raises so many questions.

Please tell me more about your nana. What was her name? Was she married? What did her husband do? How come she used to go tatting? Where did you live? How long ago was this?

Hi tom my "nana" was really my great nana on my mams side as my nana died in her twenties from TB so my mam was brought up by her nana, her name was Martha shields nee earl and lived on the camp at Carlisle run by George bowman, her husband also died young I never knew him, she was a rudd lady and we used to go tatting to make ends meet, my mam has an article the local paper done about her being I think the first rudd lady of Carlisle, or the oldest I cant remember, ill get it and post it on here for you to read, she basically brought me and my cousins up as well, im 50 now so this was late 60s early 70s, most of our family are Carlisle or Lancaster, earls, youngs and lovells in Carlisle, shields earls in Lancaster
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27512 on: December 28, 2015, 10:36:25 PM »

I used to get taken out in the pram from about the age of 2 till 6 with my nana  (tatting as it was called here) basically my nana shouting any old rags, she reckons she got more when she took me coz I was cute Smiley don't know what happened to that Sad

Yes, tatting. I was dressed out of the tats until i was about 16

Your post is so interesting to me but it raises so many questions.

Please tell me more about your nana. What was her name? Was she married? What did her husband do? How come she used to go tatting? Where did you live? How long ago was this?

Hi tom my "nana" was really my great nana on my mams side as my nana died in her twenties from TB so my mam was brought up by her nana, her name was Martha shields nee earl and lived on the camp at Carlisle run by George bowman, her husband also died young I never knew him, she was a rudd lady and we used to go tatting to make ends meet, my mam has an article the local paper done about her being I think the first rudd lady of Carlisle, or the oldest I cant remember, ill get it and post it on here for you to read, she basically brought me and my cousins up as well, im 50 now so this was late 60s early 70s, most of our family are Carlisle or Lancaster, earls, youngs and lovells in Carlisle, shields earls in Lancaster

You're from good Gypsy stock then engy.

Those are familiar names. My wife (nee Shaw) is related to the Youngs.

Post that article if you can find it please?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27513 on: December 29, 2015, 10:55:30 AM »

I saw these while walking the dogs today. Epilobium hirsutism, commonly known as Great Willow Herb.

According to wiki, they flower between July and August so I'm counting them as an extra surprise on Christmas morning.

Click to see full-size image.

I was in Bushy Park this morning Tom - Daffodils in flower right across the park.

What happens when the frosts arrive - do they die & then flower again, or is that it?

Childhood memories play tricks with us, but I have it in my mind that daffodils used to flower in March or April.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: December 29, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »

Hugely significant new record to be set, with December likely to turn out warmest since at least 1659 on Central England Temperature data.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27515 on: December 29, 2015, 12:09:18 PM »

I saw these while walking the dogs today. Epilobium hirsutism, commonly known as Great Willow Herb.

According to wiki, they flower between July and August so I'm counting them as an extra surprise on Christmas morning.

I was in Bushy Park this morning Tom - Daffodils in flower right across the park.

What happens when the frosts arrive - do they die & then flower again, or is that it?

Childhood memories play tricks with us, but I have it in my mind that daffodils used to flower in March or April.

We have daffs flowering now and we were asking the same thing. It's my guess they get one shot at flowering per season and that's it.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #27516 on: December 29, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »

Had to mow the lawn today as the mild weather has led to it keep growing
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27517 on: December 29, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »

I had to mow the lawn too, but I didn't.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #27518 on: December 29, 2015, 06:31:08 PM »

It is the damn weeds that have kept growing in my lawn/garden.  Am trying to ignore them for 3 months, but it is getting a bit silly. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #27519 on: December 29, 2015, 07:22:49 PM »

My lawn needs mowing too but it's very wet. I have a petrol motor mower, do you think I can mow it when it's this wet ?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27520 on: December 29, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »

My lawn needs mowing too but it's very wet. I have a petrol motor mower, do you think I can mow it when it's this wet ?

Is it a cylinder mower or a rotary?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27521 on: December 30, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »

I recall some pretty salacious fish pie talk here a while back. So, this morning I made a fish pie - here's the constructed dish

Not unlike Ralph's recipe suggestions:

Fish - I like Salmon and Prawns so they're in there with some smoked haddock.

Some hard boiled eggs quartered, pretty delish white sauce, plenty of capers, peas and parsley topped with some lovely buttery mash.

Into the Fridge for a few hours

Later on we'll add some cheese to the top and cook this baby - if I remember, we'll have some post baking pics later

sola virtus nobilitat
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27522 on: December 30, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »

Later on we'll add some cheese to the top and cook this baby - if I remember, we'll have some post baking pics later

Blimmin cliffhangers.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #27523 on: December 30, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »

It's a Qualcast Petrol motor mower with a roller back wheel and the blades are on a spindle that rotate from front to the back of the mower if that makes sense, so I'll guess cylinder not rotary ?
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »

It's a Qualcast Petrol motor mower with a roller back wheel and the blades are on a spindle that rotate from front to the back of the mower if that makes sense, so I'll guess cylinder not rotary ?

It has a carbureter and a spark plug, a 2 stroke engine I think.
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 1838 1839 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: