blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 1930 1931 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587162 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28890 on: March 11, 2017, 08:47:57 AM »

Sorry Ralph et al, I don't mean to be rude. I'm just so busy atm.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28891 on: March 11, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »

Are XXB* Cockerpoos a recognised breed by the Kennel Club Tom?

If so will Poppy be showing at Cruft's this year?

*Summat like that.

No Ralph. Cockerpoos are not recognised by the Kennel Club but that's a good thing, it means that they don't get to spoil them with their 'form over function and damn the consequences' attitude.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28892 on: March 11, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »

Somone did enter one of my pups in the Leicestershire all comers event where it won best in show in the puppy section.

Of course, I'm above all that malarkey so I wasn't even the leadt bit proud.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28893 on: March 11, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »

About two years ago, (Strike that, I just looked it up and it's actually 5 years ago, bloody Hell) Mrs Red & I went to the pictures and saw a film called The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It was an amusing and poignant tale about a disparate group of old codgers who move to India to live out their remaining years.

Fate throws them together in the once magnificent but now failing Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, where they discover that life can still have adventure and romance in store, even for those whose mortal coil has been shuffled very close to the off position.

It was a great film, well received by punters and critics alike and quickly followed by a sequel, The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

And that was that, until some enterprising producer decided to do it for real. Gathering together a bunch of aging celebrities, he shipped them to India  installed them in an apartment style hotel for three months and filmed the whole thing, including group activities and individual interviews. I found it hugely entertaining and very revealing.

One of the 'guests' was Dennis Taylor. Now as a rule Dennis doesn't speak much about his private life, but in one of his interviews he spoke about the death of his mother who despite being slim, active and apparently healthy passed away suddenly at the age of 62. It had a profound effect on Dennis, who resolved to make an extra effort to appreciate and enjoy his remaining time on earth.

After the interview Dennis did some correspondence, played a round of golf and went out to dinner with friends. Then he collapsed into bed exhausted with the words, "Well, that's another day they can't take away from me".

What a great philosophy. I've said it to myself every night since.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28894 on: March 11, 2017, 04:56:49 PM »

It is an offence to kill badgers or destroy sets.  Not sure Mr Russell was thinking of keeping cows, so don't think he has to worry about TB?  Though it is pretty controversial if it spreads to cows anyway.

Guess Ronnie might just scare them out anyway, does he do squirrels?

I wouldn't want to hurt them or devoid them of a home anyway. They were there long before me so they can stay.

Squirrels don't bother him but something the size of a badger 100% would. The plan was to just fence them off a bit but more to keep the dog from them than them out of the garden.

Unfortunately I've recently found out that Ronnie's pretty poorly so I don't think it'll be a major problem for too long Sad

Matt.

I was really sorry to learn that big Ron has the big C, but on the plus side you've given him a wonderful life, (10 years is a decent innings for a rottie) and I know you won't hesitate too long when the time comes to do the deed. A good life and a good death makes a winner in my book.

Looking back, I bet you learned more from him than he did from you. that's the way it is with dogs. They always give more than they take.

Give him a scratch behind the ear from me. x

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28895 on: March 11, 2017, 07:12:50 PM »

Car crashes on to house roof in China - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-39242984

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28896 on: March 11, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »

I think I put the die in Dialouge.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #28897 on: March 11, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »

It is an offence to kill badgers or destroy sets.  Not sure Mr Russell was thinking of keeping cows, so don't think he has to worry about TB?  Though it is pretty controversial if it spreads to cows anyway.

I wouldn't want to hurt them or devoid them of a home anyway. They were there long before me so they can stay.

Squirrels don't bother him but something the size of a badger 100% would. The plan was to just fence them off a bit but more to keep the dog from them than them out of the garden.

Unfortunately I've recently found out that Ronnie's pretty poorly so I don't think it'll be a major problem for too long Sad

Matt.

I was really sorry to learn that big Ron has the big C, but on the plus side you've given him a wonderful life, (10 years is a decent innings for a rottie) and I know you won't hesitate too long when the time comes to do the deed. A good life and a good death makes a winner in my book.

Looking back, I bet you learned more from him than he did from you. that's the way it is with dogs. They always give more than they take.

Sorry about Ronnie Matt , we have just lost my brother to this awful disease. It sucks for sure. Xx

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28898 on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:03 PM »

Matt.

Sorry about Ronnie Matt , we have just lost my brother to this awful disease. It sucks for sure. Xx

I'm sorry for your loss Maureen. What a bastard disease cancer is.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28899 on: March 12, 2017, 07:52:42 AM »

I think I put the die in Dialouge.

This was supposed to be a jokey reference to the lack of conversation on my diary but I've just realised how insensitive it looks in the context of Matt and Maureen's posts.

Sorry. No offence intended.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28900 on: March 12, 2017, 10:45:01 AM »

Did you manage to watch that Shannon River documentary, Tom?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28901 on: March 12, 2017, 10:46:33 AM »

Somone did enter one of my pups in the Leicestershire all comers event where it won best in show in the puppy section.

Of course, I'm above all that malarkey so I wasn't even the leadt bit proud.

Click to see full-size image.

Indeed, surfing above all that maelstrom.

PS - Congrats.

PPS - How is Kizzy these days? She must be quite the grown up now. How old, 6, 7?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28902 on: March 12, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »

No, not yet and annoyingly I found myself alone with an hour or two to spare yesterday afternoon but forgot all about it.

If you want to see a good true film watch Hacksaw Ridge. It's directed by Mel Gibson and I've fallen out with him so I wouldn't pay to see it and line his pockets but I accidentally streamed it for free so my conscience is clear.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28903 on: March 12, 2017, 05:18:07 PM »

No, not yet and annoyingly I found myself alone with an hour or two to spare yesterday afternoon but forgot all about it.

If you want to see a good true film watch Hacksaw Ridge. It's directed by Mel Gibson and I've fallen out with him so I wouldn't pay to see it and line his pockets but I accidentally streamed it for free so my conscience is clear.

Apologies Tikay, meant to thank you for recommending it. Had me looking at canoe/boat hire on the Shannon. Some great filming, nothing that new, but beautifully presented.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28904 on: March 12, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »

Big day today at Cruft's as it's the Best In Show with all of the group winners competing for the most prestigious prize of the year.

My two personal favourites are Kizzie's Japanese cousin and my dear departed black miniature poodle Marcus Barkus's cousin with a ridiculous haircut.

PS There's a beautiful Lakeland terrier which caught my eye too.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:16:59 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 1923 1924 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 1930 1931 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: