blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1925 1926 1927 1928 [1929] 1930 1931 1932 1933 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600392 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #28920 on: April 05, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »

A 16-pound badger worked 4 days to bury a 50-pound calf carcass http://nyti.ms/2oy32Al

Badgers shcmadgers.
Moles routinely shift several hundred times their own weight in a single night. My moles shift even more than that, and they pile it up in the most inconvenient place available.

You must be one of the finest trainers of moles in the country.

WP Ralph. 

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28921 on: April 07, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »

So I got Betty (Bam-a-lam) out of storage sometime in the first week of February, which is far too early in the year really but I've been reading motorcycle adventure books all winter and the longing to feel the wind in what's left of my hair and the mildly erotic, first ride of the season 'monkey butt' glow on my pasty white buttocks were more temptation than I could bear.

Since then I've been slowly building up my time in the saddle, experimenting with clothing and baggage, fettling mechanical things and generally preparing for European tour number two.

I suppose last year's effort was pretty tame in the grand scheme of things, certainly nothing to make Ewan and Charley jealous, but to me it was spectacular. When you spend your whole life reading about other people's exploits, and then you finally manage to do something yourself, no matter how tame and watered down, it's just the best feeling ever.

Last year's trip made me realise something, it doesn't matter if you spend a year circumnavigating the globe on a 1200cc BMW or a day going down to Brighton on a 400cc Suzuki, adventure, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #28922 on: April 07, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »

Looking forward to reading about it Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28923 on: April 07, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »

Looking forward to reading about it Smiley

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28924 on: April 09, 2017, 02:02:40 PM »

Me: Don't buy brass dog-tags, the metal is too soft and they will wear out. Buy stainless steel.

Mrs Red, (surfing eBay) Of course they won't wear out, and they are half the price of the others.

Fast forward 6 months and I glance at Evie just at the very moment her dog tag falls to the ground like a big brass teardrop.

Questions.

A. What are the odds of me actually witnessing the event and being able to retrieve said item to prove my point and B, how much will I be made to suffer for being, and I quote, "Such a know-it-all clever arse"?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28925 on: April 09, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »

I got a really good tag for Kerry online, a lot thicker metal & nicely engraved. Will find a link when I'm back on my computer.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28926 on: April 09, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »

Cheers Rod.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #28927 on: April 09, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »

Me: Don't buy brass dog-tags, the metal is too soft and they will wear out. Buy stainless steel.

Mrs Red, (surfing eBay) Of course they won't wear out, and they are half the price of the others.

Fast forward 6 months and I glance at Evie just at the very moment her dog tag falls to the ground like a big brass teardrop.

Questions.

A. What are the odds of me actually witnessing the event and being able to retrieve said item to prove my point and B, how much will I be made to suffer for being, and I quote, "Such a know-it-all clever arse"?

Sometimes you are beat even when you are correct. Let it go and don't even mention it.

Ah! The element of surprise
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28928 on: April 09, 2017, 09:53:47 PM »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I7B71TC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brass, but at least twice as thick as the one in your pic, nice and small (for our small dog) with room for plenty of info. I got her it in Oct 2015 & there's no sign of wear on it.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #28929 on: April 09, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »

It was probably a one off faulty one.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28930 on: April 09, 2017, 10:56:41 PM »

It was probably a one off faulty one.

Roll Eyes

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28931 on: April 16, 2017, 12:12:27 PM »

Mrs Red found this on the car boot. She didn't know what it was for so she paid 20p for it so that she could bring it home for me to explain its purpose. The trouble is, I don't know.

There is about a 10 foot loop of stainless steel chain with square links that are crimped rather than welded, so it is obviously designed to be rust proof and durable without needing to be particularly strong. It passes  through a lug that protrudes from a plastic puck. The chain is free flowing through the opening and the puck seems to contain some kind of ballast. (I'm guessing lead shot judging by the weight and the sound when I shake it).

Over to you. Any ideas?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28932 on: April 16, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »

Is it some kind of plug?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28933 on: April 19, 2017, 10:36:48 AM »

We're off to Malta today for a week's R&R.

God, I love travelling. I'm fat and I have a cough but I sashay through the airport feeling like I'm thin and well.

I complain to a manager at WH Smiths on behalf of the lone staff member who is stressed out and run off her feet. It won't do any good but it makes us both feel better.

There is a queue for the gents so I use the disabled one. The toilet roll is heavily perforated so that it tears too easily meaning I can only ever get one sheet before having to fiddle about feeling for the trailing end of the roll inside the dispenser. This is what it must feel like to be a robot's gynecologist.

As per usual when we travel, I have a luggage malfunction. Mrs Red laughs at me. Why is it always my bag?

God though, I do love travelling.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28934 on: April 19, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »

We are relaxing in our chairs, waiting until the people who are queueing for 'priority boarding' have finished. Lol.

Pages: 1 ... 1925 1926 1927 1928 [1929] 1930 1931 1932 1933 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: