blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1958 1959 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 1965 1966 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3614339 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29415 on: March 08, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »

Today's breakfast. (comments welcome, as are tasty, healthy, sustainable breakfast suggestions)

One slice wholemeal toast with egg fried in a little olive oil.

One slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter &  banana drizzled with a little honey.

Click to see full-size image.

Have you tried substituting the fried egg with a poached egg? Not quite as good, but still very palatable.

Is "drizzled" a posh term for "stuff poured on"?

It's a good idea, the trouble is I always get my own breakfast and I'm crap at poaching eggs.

My brother does them in clingfilm, (fk knows how) and they turn out perfect.

Wowser Tom has got the best china out for breakfast

I can sort you two lads diet out, try some stress and worry that will help you keep thin

I guess a typical Teeks day is lolling around wondering where the next Costa and sticky bun shop is

I guess a typical Mr Red day is meandering along some hedgerow wondering what culinary delights Mrs Red as procured for Dinner and Tea

Stress and worry theres your answer boys

No need to thank me

Haha. You don't post often Trev, but they're worth waiting for.

You first came to my notice when we played a satellite together for some big buy in event. You and I were short stacks.  We got to the bubble and some bloke who was caked up offered to take £50 from each of the remaining players,  (about half the tourney value) to let us have the seats. We are clean couldn't believe our luck.

At the time, I had you down as a small time punter who was completely out of his depth. Boy! Did I get that wrong.

blonde has a dozen or so members who are real individuals, proper out of the ordinary characters who I really like and admire.

Now I'm not saying that you fall into that group Trev. I mean to say you might, I'm just not saying it.

X

The older I get, the better I was.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #29416 on: March 08, 2018, 02:05:13 PM »

He is very grumpy though Tom , you have to admit that.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29417 on: March 08, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »

Yes, I seem to gravitate towards grumpy old bastards, perhaps opposites attract?

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #29418 on: March 08, 2018, 02:11:49 PM »

Yes, I seem to gravitate towards grumpy old bastards, perhaps opposites attract?

Tony said exactly the same thing.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29419 on: March 08, 2018, 02:24:04 PM »

Today's breakfast. (comments welcome, as are tasty, healthy, sustainable breakfast suggestions)

One slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter &  banana drizzled with a little honey.

Have you tried substituting the fried egg with a poached egg? Not quite as good, but still very palatable.

It's a good idea, the trouble is I always get my own breakfast and I'm crap at poaching eggs.

Love poached eggs and I buy poachets from Lakeland , there brilliant .......

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/15206/Lakeland-20-Poachets

I had no idea egg poaching bags existed Jim.
Yours are too bala for me. I might give these a go thoug. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006VT2OMQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1520518932&sr=8-3&keywords=egg+poaching+bags&dpPl=1&dpID=51xX34S6XfL&ref=plSrch

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #29420 on: March 08, 2018, 02:25:45 PM »

Wowser Tom has got the best china out for breakfast

I can sort you two lads diet out, try some stress and worry that will help you keep thin

I guess a typical Teeks day is lolling around wondering where the next Costa and sticky bun shop is

I guess a typical Mr Red day is meandering along some hedgerow wondering what culinary delights Mrs Red as procured for Dinner and Tea

Stress and worry theres your answer boys

No need to thank me

Haha. You don't post often Trev, but they're worth waiting for.

You first came to my notice when we played a satellite together for some big buy in event. You and I were short stacks.  We got to the bubble and some bloke who was caked up offered to take £50 from each of the remaining players,  (about half the tourney value) to let us have the seats. We are clean couldn't believe our luck.

At the time, I had you down as a small time punter who was completely out of his depth. Boy! Did I get that wrong.

blonde has a dozen or so members who are real individuals, proper out of the ordinary characters who I really like and admire.

Now I'm not saying that you fall into that group Trev. I mean to say you might, I'm just not saying it.

X

You great big tease!!!

Poker satt was in September 2009 for English poker championship buy in £3300

That seat got me 10% of Bookie who went onto finish third for £70K  Happy Days

Soon be Cuckoo time

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #29421 on: March 08, 2018, 02:37:26 PM »

They will do the trick , probably.

Once you have cracked how to put them in the pan and overhang the poachet
over the lid , letting the steam stick it to the side , they come out perfect every time.

I need to know who the bloke was who offered the deal in that satellite , idiot , would
have saved me 7k if Trev hadn't won a seat.

He's too nitty to have bought in for the full amount .
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29422 on: March 08, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »

I'm sure that Tony is typing out his tried and trusted method of poaching eggs as we speak.

I actually prefer poached eggs and always have them "medium" on wholewheat toast with crispy bacon and hash browns for brekkie in Vegas.

I never have them at home though as I too am a crap poacher but had always assumed that Tom would excel in that field.

Ralph! You've made me want to go to Vegas now, and you've made me want crispy bacon.

Take note Mr Tal- Ralph says bacon should be crispy and he's the blonde equivalent of a Michelen star chef.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29423 on: March 08, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »

Are Cockerpoos recognized by the kennel club yet and will Poppy consequently be starring at Cruft's this year?

Don't forget it's on Ch4 at 8pm. - I know you don't like to miss it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29424 on: March 08, 2018, 06:33:00 PM »

Are Cockerpoos recognized by the kennel club yet and will Poppy consequently be starring at Cruft's this year?

Don't forget it's on Ch4 at 8pm. - I know you don't like to miss it.

No, thank God.

The kennel club can fuck right off, and Take Cruft's with them, the self serving, sanctimonious tossers. They've inflicted more cruelty on dogs than anyone.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29425 on: March 09, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »

Available on demand on Sky or on BBC iPlayer. Men of a certain age will enjoy this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03fv7sl/timeshift-series-13-1-full-throttle-the-glory-days-of-british-motorbikes
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:45:32 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29426 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »

I'm just watching part one of a TV series on BBC4 called Fire and Ice, the incredible science of temperature.

I'm only 15 minutes in and already I'm fascinated. The only problem is, as soon as I start finding out about amazing things that I didn't know about before, I want everyone else to know about it too.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29427 on: March 10, 2018, 02:13:26 PM »

If I had to choose only one TV channel to watch for the rest of my life, it would be BBC4 and it's not even close.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29428 on: March 10, 2018, 02:31:28 PM »

We equate freezing with cold,  but actually freezing is when a liquid transitions into to a solid and that can happen at a huge range of temperatures. For instance, liquid iron freezes to become a solid metal that a round 1500 degrees Celsius.

Magma turns into rock by exactly the same process as water turns to ice.

It's all down to heat loss, which is in fact, energy loss.  Eventually, the atoms in a liquid don't have the energy to move past each other and become frozen in place.

Shamazing!

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29429 on: March 10, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »

Mrs Red  made me stop telling her, so I'm telling you.

Pages: 1 ... 1958 1959 1960 1961 [1962] 1963 1964 1965 1966 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: