blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:38:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2020 2021 2022 2023 [2024] 2025 2026 2027 2028 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600823 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30345 on: March 31, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »

How to ruin a good cuppa.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30346 on: March 31, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »

IT'S TEA FFS!

It should be scalding hot, strong, and sweet. END OF.

If you really must add something to it, make it a bacon butty.

too right, adding milk to tea is an abomination.  Why would yoku want sweet tea?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #30347 on: March 31, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »

Not tea I know but my favourite drink at the moment is Turmeric latte - also known as golden milk. You can buy it in sachets or make your own. I make my own when I can as I use nut milk but Turmeric & Ginger are rock stars when it comes to antioxidants.

Turmeric and black pepper each have health benefits, due to the compounds curcumin and piperine. As piperine enhances curcumin absorption in the body by up to 2,000%, combining the spices magnifies their effects. Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols which are believed to aid osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis and it is regarded as an excellent carminative, a substance that promotes the elimination of excessive gas from the digestive system and soothes the intestinal tract.

You can try one in Coffee #1 but make sure you add a small sprinkling of black pepper.

I've read this post 4 times and I'm still not sure it isn't a wind up.

It's absolutely true! If I wasn't so crap I'd post links and/or pics (I have no idea how you add pics here these days) but just Google golden milk. It's really good stuff and even better if you can be bothered to make it yourself. All you need is a blender, a pan and the ingredients. Fresh is best but powdered preferably organic is fine.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:31:00 PM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #30348 on: March 31, 2019, 05:36:42 PM »

Adding sugar to tea and coffee is basically a sin. If I was Catholic I would go and confess that kind of schizz. Good coffee is like wine. So basically you have African peasants who walk 20miles every day to gather beans and spend an eternity lovingly creating a perfect blend of earthy flavours with essence of walnut and subtle hints of vanilla. Travels thousands of miles to land on our tables only so folk can fcking murder the delicate flavour clean with three scoops of Tate n Lyle or whatever. Unforgivable. People who do this need to go on a course like speeding awareness or get points removed from their nectar card.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #30349 on: March 31, 2019, 05:52:11 PM »

Adding sugar to tea and coffee is basically a sin. If I was Catholic I would go and confess that kind of schizz. Good coffee is like wine. So basically you have African peasants who walk 20miles every day to gather beans and spend an eternity lovingly creating a perfect blend of earthy flavours with essence of walnut and subtle hints of vanilla. Travels thousands of miles to land on our tables only so folk can fcking murder the delicate flavour clean with three scoops of Tate n Lyle or whatever. Unforgivable. People who do this need to go on a course like speeding awareness or get points removed from their nectar card.

^^^This.^^^ Sugar in any hot drink is the Devils work.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30350 on: March 31, 2019, 10:34:21 PM »

I far prefer agave nectar in my herbal tea.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30351 on: March 31, 2019, 10:50:49 PM »

Get te fuck Rod before I ban you for trolling

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30352 on: April 01, 2019, 07:34:19 AM »

Grin Grin Not bad but it's 'Get tae'. OK played for laughs but I'm actually telling the truth. When in hospital I found they didn't give you enough sugar for your cereal. Don't want a bag of sugar lying about, and found the bottles of agave nectar (dark in particular) tasted better and were handier.

Never liked tea or coffee didn't grow up with people drinking them so never got the habit. When I had a touch of pleurisy a couple of years back hot drinks eased it, so started trying herbal teas. Red fruits and hibiscus flavour and mint were the ones I could take & I don't mind a cup in the evenings. Or while out on a cold day flying the drones. Just ordered a new a tea infuser attachment for my travel mug...

Contigo West Loop = brilliant at keeping stuff warm for hours.

Infuser.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:36:25 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #30353 on: April 01, 2019, 07:40:00 AM »

Been a few sightings of Swallows in the country over the weekend, Osprey back at Rutland water

Tried most the herbal brews bot keep returning to good old Assam
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30354 on: April 01, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »

Been a few sightings of Swallows in the country over the weekend, Osprey back at Rutland water

I went to see the ospreys at Rutland last weekend.   There were only a handful of people there, which surprised me as the male had just arrived back.   They are good with the kids up there; lowering the telescopes, and pointing them at the exact spot.

I saw a couple of swallows 2 or 3 weeks ago, they are desparately needed at Grafham; I have never seen so many flies there as there were a few days ago.   Beautiful day, but cycling across the damn was a really miserable experience.   Several others had face masks and scarves; though cycling in those feels worse.  As an aside, when did it ever become ok to cycle with an electric motor on your bike?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30355 on: April 01, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »

Yorkshire Gold is a very nice traditional brew and my tea of choice.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30356 on: April 01, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »

What a can of worms I've opened now.

You know how they say you should never meet your heroes? Well apparently you should never discuss tea with them either.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30357 on: April 01, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »

I went to see the ospreys at Rutland last weekend.   There were only a handful of people there, which surprised me as the male had just arrived back.   They are good with the kids up there; lowering the telescopes, and pointing them at the exact spot.

I saw a couple of swallows 2 or 3 weeks ago, they are desparately needed at Grafham; I have never seen so many flies there as there were a few days ago.   Beautiful day, but cycling across the damn was a really miserable experience.   Several others had face masks and scarves; though cycling in those feels worse.  As an aside, when did it ever become ok to cycle with an electric motor on your bike?

In my mind swallows are the harbingers of summer, I always look out for them but I haven't seen any yet this year.

I have nothing against electric motors on bikes but I do think they should be reserved for the over 60's.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30358 on: April 01, 2019, 01:01:11 PM »

Yorkshire Gold is a very nice traditional brew and my tea of choice.

I have to admit that Ralph does make a decent cup of tea.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30359 on: April 01, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »

Grin Grin Not bad but it's 'Get tae'.

I thought te was more appropriate given the subject matter, and stop trying to lure me in with your interesting gadgetry.

Pages: 1 ... 2020 2021 2022 2023 [2024] 2025 2026 2027 2028 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: