blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2033 2034 2035 2036 [2037] 2038 2039 2040 2041 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3603781 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #30540 on: June 18, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »

If you have access to a mig welder the best way to get the broken bit of the stud out the hub is place large enough nut over the remaining stud and weld together, be careful not to weld to hub tho  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30541 on: June 20, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »

Timeshift.
Dial B for Britain.
BBC Four on Demand.

For those of us who remember a time before mobile telephones. Some cracking footage.

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30542 on: June 22, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »

Just realised it's the locking nut that has snapped.

Drove to Manchester with three and a half wheel bolts. Did not die in a ball of flames as Mrs Long feared. Nearest garage to where I was working was a proper back street place, relieved me of £40 plus VAT to remove and supply a new bolt, result.

Son #1 has decided to buy his first car. Family folklore is full of stories about my trials and tribulations after buying a 14yo Spitfire as my first car and the pain that followed, so what does the son do? Buy a 14yo convertible.

Apart from the broken coil spring, the oil filter housing leak, the faulty parking sensors and the power steering that failed the day he got it home, it's proving a great buy.

This is us four hours in to removing the steering column to get to the electric power steering motor.

I'm actually quite enjoying it...
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30543 on: June 22, 2019, 02:18:21 PM »

I replaced the power steering motor on my daughter's Fiesta. What a mission that turned into. It was like a Chinese puzzle.

Good luck.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30544 on: June 23, 2019, 07:01:19 AM »

https://twitter.com/realcharder30/status/1142292630732079104

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30545 on: June 23, 2019, 07:40:46 AM »

Well if people are daft enough to buy it....

I can't bring myself to buy bottled water, even if that's what I want. I have to buy pop instead.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30546 on: June 23, 2019, 07:48:13 AM »

I can't bring myself to buy bottled water, even if that's what I want. I have to buy pop instead.

If you follow the link he has also posted a link to the display above the counter in the shop where it lists large hot tea for $6.   Presumably if you just want a hot tea bag it is only $6?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30547 on: June 23, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »

If you follow the link he has also posted a link to the display above the counter in the shop where it lists large hot tea for $6.   Presumably if you just want a hot tea bag it is only $6?

It's incredible really. I wonder what would happen if you ordered 1 hot tea large hold the 1 hot water?

Slightly off tack, Lidl do 2lr bottles of diet lemonade for 17p. We buy it by the gallon. Everyone loves it. It's more addictive than crack cocaine.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30548 on: June 23, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »

I've seen cereal for $9.

It's a close one.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30549 on: June 23, 2019, 10:21:14 AM »

Brioche.

Guy.

Savoy.

All of these words are positive indicators that you are about to be ripped off.

You can also include:

Amuse-Bouche

Consommé

Jus

Pan-fried. ( WTF else are they going to fry it in, a kettle?)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30550 on: June 23, 2019, 10:37:37 AM »

Brioche.

Guy.

Savoy.

All of these words are positive indicators that you are about to be ripped off.

You can also include:

Amuse-Bouche

Consommé

Jus

Pan-fried. ( WTF else are they going to fry it in, a kettle?)

It's surprisingly common to be served the tea bag in a packet and a cup of water separately in Vegas.

Conversely, if you order a BLT, they serve the ingredients together, in a sandwich.

I wonder whether, because I've ordered it in an English accent, they're worried about getting it wrong. Like I would look down my nose at them making it wrong, so they just let me do it myself...but charge me full price anyway. One Starbucks server once asked me whether I wanted milk, cream or orange juice with my tea. I've had it served several times with steamed milk, as though that's a perfectly normal thing to do.

I've started to come around to "it's better just to give me the various ingredients and let me get on with it", although I'd most definitely want a discount for that.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30551 on: June 23, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »

It's surprisingly common to be served the tea bag in a packet and a cup of water separately in Vegas.

Conversely, if you order a BLT, they serve the ingredients together, in a sandwich.

I wonder whether, because I've ordered it in an English accent, they're worried about getting it wrong. Like I would look down my nose at them making it wrong, so they just let me do it myself...but charge me full price anyway. One Starbucks server once asked me whether I wanted milk, cream or orange juice with my tea. I've had it served several times with steamed milk, as though that's a perfectly normal thing to do.

I've started to come around to "it's better just to give me the various ingredients and let me get on with it", although I'd most definitely want a discount for that.

Oh I definitely agree with your 'They panic because you are English' theory.

The reality is, they can't make a proper cup of tea and they know it.

It would be a huge step forward if they could actually boil water instead of getting it from the hot 'faucet'.

Mind you, it must be horrible for Yanks in the UK trying to get a decent cup of coffee.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #30552 on: June 23, 2019, 10:54:27 AM »

It would be a huge step forward if they could actually boil water instead of getting it from the hot 'faucet'.

Mind you, it must be horrible for Yanks in the UK trying to get a decent cup of coffee.

Given that even Stockton on Tees now has a drive through Starbucks the American tourists over here can at least get something that bears a strong resemblance to their chosen hot beverage.
How about setting up a tea and cakes franchise out there? Proper tea, properly brewed and served in a pot with a lovely slice of Victoria sponge as an accompaniment.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30553 on: June 23, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »

Given that even Stockton on Tees now has a drive through Starbucks the American tourists over here can at least get something that bears a strong resemblance to their chosen hot beverage.
How about setting up a tea and cakes franchise out there? Proper tea, properly brewed and served in a pot with a lovely slice of Victoria sponge as an accompaniment.

$42 (plus tax)

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30554 on: June 23, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »

In my day when you ordered a meal your tea came already brewed and with milk added, the sugar was on the table in a proper bowl next to the ash-tray.

The bread came with butter on and the sauce was in bottles, not those stupid little sachets that work out at 20p per teaspoon of ketchup.

I've just Googled it and there are 168.936 teaspoons in a litre. Which makes kechup more expensive than Jack Daniels.

I don't even mind the cost of the sachets so much, but by the time I've opened the sauce, the mustard, the salt, the pepper, the sugar and the butter I've broken two nails, spilled half the stuff down my shirt and my dinner has gone cold.

Pages: 1 ... 2033 2034 2035 2036 [2037] 2038 2039 2040 2041 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: