blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:32:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272609 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2319 2320 2321 2322 [2323] 2324 2325 2326 2327 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608881 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34830 on: June 21, 2023, 01:33:25 PM »

I don't think radio waves pass well through water.  If the same resources had been applied to the refugee ship off Greece  the other week, maybe hundreds wouldn't have died.

ZING.

Post of the year.

It mirrors the press coverage really. The submarine is rolling news everywhere, the migrant boat tragedy got far far less coverage. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34831 on: June 21, 2023, 01:37:24 PM »

I don't think radio waves pass well through water.  If the same resources had been applied to the refugee ship off Greece  the other week, maybe hundreds wouldn't have died.

I wish I'd thought of that, it's the perfect example.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34832 on: June 21, 2023, 02:04:15 PM »

Rescuers report hearing banging  sounds every 30 minutes.
If I was in that sub I would be banging a bit more often than every 30 minutes.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34833 on: June 21, 2023, 07:43:13 PM »

This is interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65977432

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34834 on: July 31, 2023, 10:24:59 AM »

Just lately when I question the accuracy or truthfulness of something someone tells me, they say, "Oh yes, 110%" or "1000%"
Last week I even had, "a thousand million percent".

It's getting to the stage where I suspect the ones who can only manage a basic 100% are lying.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 10:26:35 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #34835 on: August 01, 2023, 07:53:54 AM »

Just lately when I question the accuracy or truthfulness of something someone tells me, they say, "Oh yes, 110%" or "1000%"
Last week I even had, "a thousand million percent".

It's getting to the stage where I suspect the ones who can only manage a basic 100% are lying.

100%
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #34836 on: August 09, 2023, 01:47:53 PM »

Afternoon Tom

Hope your keeping well Sir

Do you play any poker nowadays?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34837 on: August 09, 2023, 02:43:13 PM »

Afternoon Tom

Hope your keeping well Sir

Do you play any poker nowadays?

Did he ever?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34838 on: August 09, 2023, 03:16:05 PM »

Hi Trev. Almost no poker these days I'm afraid, although I was only saying this week that I'm bursting for a live game.

Lack of poker excitement aside, I'm enjoying myself immensely. The older I get the more I realise what a privilege life is. Everything interests me, the news, politics, nature, football, (How come no one told me how exciting and infuriating football is?) the incredible choice of fantastic TV, especially crime, nature, or science progs.
Books! Don't even get me started on books, I love biographies, especially those about people who made it big or lost the lot trying, and those who survived against the odds. The shipwrecks, the plane crashes, the kidnaps, the murder trials...

Then, joy of joys, my lovely little home made camper and a few days here and there on the road in the company of my lovely little Missus. Back lane camping, drifting along, taking the B roads, shopping, cooking and eating one meal at a time. What bliss.

So in answer to your question, yes, apart from the aches and pains, the hair loss, the baggy skin, the overwhelming desire to go to sleep at 3 in the afternoon and the odd inexplicable visit from the old black dog I'm keeping really well, thanks for asking.

And how are you, have you heard that cuckoo at any point over the last couple of years?

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #34839 on: August 09, 2023, 10:56:10 PM »

Hi Trev. Almost no poker these days I'm afraid, although I was only saying this week that I'm bursting for a live game.

Lack of poker excitement aside, I'm enjoying myself immensely. The older I get the more I realise what a privilege life is. Everything interests me, the news, politics, nature, football, (How come no one told me how exciting and infuriating football is?) the incredible choice of fantastic TV, especially crime, nature, or science progs.
Books! Don't even get me started on books, I love biographies, especially those about people who made it big or lost the lot trying, and those who survived against the odds. The shipwrecks, the plane crashes, the kidnaps, the murder trials...

Then, joy of joys, my lovely little home made camper and a few days here and there on the road in the company of my lovely little Missus. Back lane camping, drifting along, taking the B roads, shopping, cooking and eating one meal at a time. What bliss.

So in answer to your question, yes, apart from the aches and pains, the hair loss, the baggy skin, the overwhelming desire to go to sleep at 3 in the afternoon and the odd inexplicable visit from the old black dog I'm keeping really well, thanks for asking.

And how are you, have you heard that cuckoo at any point over the last couple of years?

Nice to hear from you

Yes we have had a resident Cuckoo for the last couple of years which is great

I am addicted to my trading job, with Covid and The War I have been on it 12 to 24 hours a day....sad I know

Which brings me back to you Sir, I often think of you and your life style and I think hmmmmmm who is right, I envy your laid back approach to life

I often think back to the early DTD days when you went pro playing cash and didn't tip the dealers after every win but chose to tip them weekly or monthly...what a good solid decision

Your writing skills are far beyond my secondary education, your stories are a delight to read but we can still be friends which is the most important thing

I still chuckle about when you needed a new washer for I think was your shower and you decided it was best to borrow it, absolute gold story that was

Good Luck and keep venturing out on those B roads in your home made camper especially Spain at Christmas, another great old story
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34840 on: August 10, 2023, 07:01:50 AM »

On the tipping thing Trev, I did a rough calculation that an average player would probably expect to win about 6 hands per hour, if he tips the dealer a quid every time it costs him £36 over a 6 hour session, or £216 for a six session week.
£216 is an unsustainable amount for someone playing small stakes, especially someone with my limited ability.
The trouble is, not tipping makes you unpopular, so I used to smile a lot, keep a big bag of butter mints in my pocket and at the end of each week I used to bung a random dealer £50.
Suddenly I was £150pw better off and I was Mr Popularity.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:32:26 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34841 on: August 10, 2023, 07:15:20 AM »

This is the anomaly of camper life Trev. Last outing we were eating beef Wellington at the Savoy, (Curtesy of a voucher) and sleeping in an industrial estate in Stanmore.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34842 on: August 10, 2023, 07:24:49 AM »

I remember saying at the time, "Today I was pissing in the poshest toilet in the world, tonight I'm pissing in a bucket."

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34843 on: August 10, 2023, 07:29:30 AM »

We're at Whitby this weekend, (For the regatta doncha know)
The weather forecast is terrible.

Wish us luck.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #34844 on: August 13, 2023, 08:44:16 AM »

We're at Whitby this weekend, (For the regatta doncha know)
The weather forecast is terrible.

Wish us luck.

Brilliant Tom..Love it

Mrs Red looks like she is enjoying the Savoy

Good job you had a voucher because the prices are outrageous, took the family there the other year for the wife's birthday, six adults for afternoon tea £520

Pages: 1 ... 2319 2320 2321 2322 [2323] 2324 2325 2326 2327 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: