blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:06:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2341 2342 2343 2344 [2345] 2346 2347 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3656650 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #35160 on: May 24, 2024, 07:47:22 AM »

Tonytats asked me to add these photos to the post he made on Tony (tikay's) blog.

I'm sure he means the above post, if not my apologies.

He also sent a nice video but I can't post that.

Click to see full-size image.

Next door to where I live

Last night whilst watching the darts we had our resident barn owl fly past and our resident little owls on show.

I have got 15 bird boxes up and a purpose built little owl box

We are lucky around here because Dyson farms a massive acreage and attracts many bird species
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35161 on: May 24, 2024, 08:04:03 AM »

Morning Trevor.

I never realised it was THAT Dyson (James) or that he had farming interests. Thank goodness for google...

https://dysonfarming.com/

How are you keeping, still making zillions on the commodities? How's the golf?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #35162 on: May 24, 2024, 08:16:49 AM »

Morning Trevor.

I never realised it was THAT Dyson (James) or that he had farming interests. Thank goodness for google...

Dyson started buying land about 10 years ago and he purchased a massive amount

Just had a coupe days golfing in Yorkshire

Last Friday played in a charity event at Elsham, team of four best two count, we won with 99 points!!

You must be single figures now surely after playing everyday?

Trading ticking along nicely with usual Oil, Gold but mainly softs

Was just sat on the toilet and a swallow came through the open window, did a circuit then straight out, awesome

Get Moulty to get another round sorted please
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35163 on: May 24, 2024, 08:35:31 AM »

Morning Trevor.

Last Friday played in a charity event at Elsham, team of four best two count, we won with 99 points!!

Was just sat on the toilet and a swallow came through the open window, did a circuit then straight out, awesome

Ahh yes, trading in softs.....

99 points, so not one but TWO bandits?

I'll have a word with Moulty & Neil about another round. I'm actually having a round today with Mr Giblin & another friend, Paul Jackson (JAC on blonde) at Mickleover today. Think it's my 3rd round so far this week, the other two were on The Priory Course at Breadsall which is a tough walk for me.

I'm still utterly useless. Golf is HARD.

I'd best stop cluttering up Tom's Diary, he gets a bit tetchy sometimes. I keep wanting to update my Diary with my tales of golf derring do, all of which is fascinating to me but I'm sure everyone would find seriously boring. For now, suffice to say, golf is beating me up big time, I find it SO hard, but I'm loving every minute.  I AM improving, but I'm still hopeless, just less hopeless than before.

The amazing thing is how patient, helpful & understanding everyone has been. It's really humbling.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #35164 on: May 24, 2024, 01:11:23 PM »

Morning Trevor.

Thanks to Tom for posting my photos

I delivered to dyson farms Spalding the other week
Obv asked the lady is this the real James Dyson ?
Yes was the reply
quite a large and surprisingly tidy yard for a farm
Also seem to remember doing some bhs for a new barn for him some years ago through his consulting engineer Steve Kidd associates  Spalding based

Steve learnt after 2/3 large grain or potato sores subsiding due to the weight of produce stored that a bh for foundation design is quite important
After a multi conveyor computer controlled system in a grain store came apart due to differential settlement
Also a potato store which stores big wooden boxes which individually weigh 1.5 tons and when stackedd 6 high  there’s obv considerable weight on the foootslab
So he now insists on a geotechnical investigation
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #35165 on: May 24, 2024, 01:14:23 PM »

Morning Trevor.

Ahh yes, trading in softs.....   SOFT WHAT . Poos ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

99 points, so not one but TWO bandits?

I'll have a word with Moulty & Neil about another round. I'm actually having a round today with Mr Giblin & another friend, Paul Jackson (JAC on blonde) at Mickleover today. Think it's my 3rd round so far this week, the other two were on The Priory Course at Breadsall which is a tough walk for me.

I'm still utterly useless. Golf is HARD.

I'd best stop cluttering up Tom's Diary, he gets a bit tetchy sometimes. I keep wanting to update my Diary with my tales of golf derring do, all of which is fascinating to me but I'm sure everyone would find seriously boring. For now, suffice to say, golf is beating me up big time, I find it SO hard, but I'm loving every minute.  I AM improving, but I'm still hopeless, just less hopeless than before.

The amazing thing is how patient, helpful & understanding everyone has been. It's really humbling.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35166 on: May 24, 2024, 01:34:07 PM »

I'd best stop cluttering up Tom's Diary, he gets a bit tetchy sometimes.

I get a bit tetchy when people say things like that!!

You know how hard it is to keep a diary going when people don't post on it.

I don't care if people post about golf, cod loins, concrete or their grandmother's hat box as long they post.

Post!!!!

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35167 on: May 24, 2024, 01:36:45 PM »

I delivered to dyson farms Spalding the other week

quite a large and surprisingly tidy yard for a farm

Perhaps he has a good Hoover.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #35168 on: May 24, 2024, 03:47:31 PM »

I played golf yesterday - more like hacked it round than actual golf really - and I saw a few Egyptian geese during the round.

Not a single gosling though, they must be terrible parents as those chicks are so easy for predators to take.

Probably explains why in the ten years or so that the Egyptian geese have been around Wollaton Park those were the first goslings I've ever seen.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #35169 on: May 24, 2024, 08:46:26 PM »

I think their strategy in africa is to stay quite close to water so they can escape the smaller land based predators. They also have about a dozen young, so that one being taken is a distraction that can help the others escape.

I do think they have a very low survival rate and from watching the Wildearth shows, it seems to be fairly rare for them to raise goslings to fledging.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #35170 on: May 25, 2024, 08:32:54 AM »

Heard that Cuckoo yet Tom?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #35171 on: May 25, 2024, 10:14:21 AM »

I think their strategy in africa is to stay quite close to water so they can escape the smaller land based predators. They also have about a dozen young, so that one being taken is a distraction that can help the others escape.

I do think they have a very low survival rate and from watching the Wildearth shows, it seems to be fairly rare for them to raise goslings to fledging.

There is a lake about half a mile away but that would be a fair old trek for those day or two-old goslings.

The geese nest high in the trees and all the chicks just tumble down to the ground once they've hatched apparently.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 10:18:15 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35172 on: May 25, 2024, 11:47:44 AM »

Heard that Cuckoo yet Tom?

No Trev.

I'm beginning to think I'll never hear one again.

These days, whilst doing or experiencing something that happens infrequently, I sometimes find myself thinking, I wonder if I'll ever do this again?

Not in a morbid way, more like a Be aware of the transience of life and squeeze every last ounce of pleasure out of it that you can way.

So if I do get to hear another cuckoo, you can bet I'm going to enjoy it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35173 on: May 25, 2024, 11:54:00 AM »

And if I do hear one, I'm gonna record it on my Merlin to prove it.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #35174 on: May 26, 2024, 08:12:55 AM »

Only been to Hinkley once, passed it a lot on the motorway

Around 45 years ago my pals and I would always follow the transatlantic motor bike races, Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts etc

Brands Hatch Good Friday
Mallory Park Easter Sunday
Oulton Easter Monday

We left Brands on the Saturday morning rocked up to Wolvey campsite Saturday afternoon

Spent the afternoon between the Pub and Bookmakers

After a considerable amount of sherbets onboard we ended up at a nightclub called Hinkley Nights, this is where it all got a tad messy.

The usual happened, Beer, Girls, Jealousy, Big Disagreements with the local lads, thrown out...resulted in a very memorable joyous day

Suppose to of grown up now!!

Pages: 1 ... 2341 2342 2343 2344 [2345] 2346 2347 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: