blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:55:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 641 [642] 643 644 645 646 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608376 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9615 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »

Don't know what's changed - just post the URL of the image, surely?

Right-click on the image and select the Copy Location bit.

How did you do it before?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9616 on: August 25, 2010, 08:38:46 AM »

Thanks Andrew. I didn't use to do it like that, I used to copy the address bar info and paste that.

My google images now shows pics in a sort of toilet-roll format instead of pages, and when you hover the cursor over one, it becomes larger.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9617 on: August 25, 2010, 08:43:30 AM »

Next, my favorite image hosting/re-sizing site "TinyPic.com" has gone all peculiar, it's insisting that I type in one of those security passwords that looks like it's been written by a 3 year old for every pic I upload.

Recommendations for new site please, and then you can go.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9618 on: August 25, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »

Sigh... That Andrew T. What a tosser!

5 minutes I'm waiting already.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9619 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »

Actually, I shouldn't slag Andrew off. We have a special relationship, a bit like a mother and baby. Most of the time, he's the only one who can understand what I'm trying to say.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: August 25, 2010, 09:18:06 AM »

Ever try photobucket.com?  That's the site I use for all the pics I post here.  Save them to your computer, then go to photobucket and do a 'bulk upload'.  Then you can re-size or fiddle with them any way you like.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9621 on: August 25, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »

Ever try photobucket.com?  That's the site I use for all the pics I post here.  Save them to your computer, then go to photobucket and do a 'bulk upload'.  Then you can re-size or fiddle with them any way you like.

Tinypic used to auto re-size for message boards and forums. Does photobucket do that?

Also, do you have to sign up or pay a subscription?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9622 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »

I hate this stuff.

http://photobucket.com/privacyPolicy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9623 on: August 25, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »

Oops, forgetting my manners.

Thanks Laxie.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9624 on: August 25, 2010, 09:30:20 AM »

I bought something from Amazon. Fantastic service, but now they spam me all the time.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: August 25, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »

I never get a single email from photobucket.  You do have to sign up and it's free, but just make sure you tick the right boxes on sign up to say you don't want emails from them or other 'trusted' third parties.

With re-sizing, they give you all sorts of options.  From avatar size to pictures posted in your diary.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: August 25, 2010, 10:49:31 AM »

I want to tell you about a young man that I saw today. I might sound condescending, but I really don't mean to be.

While having breakfast in McDonald's, I noticed a young man working there who was obviously not quite right. Someone who people might refer to as being, "A bit simple"

He didn't work in the kitchen or behind the counter, he stood by the waste bin.

When someone approached the bin, he would open the lid so that they could deposit their waste, and when they placed their empty tray on the top of the bin, he would produce a damp cloth and wipe the tray clean. Then he would rinse his cloth in a small bucket and fold it twice, carefully and precisely, repeating the process if he wasn't entirely satisfied. Then he would look around with a huge beaming smile, eagerly awaiting his next customer.

One or two people (mostly youngsters) made the the odd insensitive comment or skitty remark, but it didn't bother him at all, it went completely over his head. When we left, I made a point of thanking him very much, a big grin split his face from ear to ear and his chest swelled with pride.

"Awww, bless him" Mrs Red whispered to me.

I thought about this for a while, and the longer I thought about it, the more I came to realise, he was already blessed.

mbn to get a job in McDonalds
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:51:15 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: August 25, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »

When my son was diagnosed with Aspergers, "Curious Incident" was on a list of reading material given to us by the Paediatrician to help our understanding/awareness of the condition

Pretty spectacular writing I must say (though the second book paled into comparison). However, Haddon has said he regrets that the book came to be associated with Aspergers/autism as much as it is.

On Monday, Ryan and I were on our way into Tesco and milling around by the entrance were a group of late teen lads, skateboards and generally mucking around

"Dad, their trousers need to be pulled up, I can see their boxers"

"Yes Ryan, but that's how they wear them, its a style and fashion thing at the moment"

"but Dad, it's wrong"

up he strides to the front of the group

"Excuse me, but can you pull your trousers up? You shouldn't wear your trousers half way down your legs. It's just scruffy"

He waited for an answer, instead got a group of lads mouthing nothing like goldfish in a bowl and satisfied he had made his point strode off in search of a trolley.

Welcome to my fascinating world, where when I am with him anything out of place, or non-routine just has to be dealt with, on the spot, with complete frankness!  

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »

p.s Curious Incident again

A film adaptation, written and directed by Steve Kloves is currently in production. The film is produced by Warner Bros. in association with Heyday Films and Plan B Entertainment.

So wiki says

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9629 on: August 25, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »

When my son was diagnosed with Aspergers, "Curious Incident" was on a list of reading material given to us by the Paediatrician to help our understanding/awareness of the condition

Pretty spectacular writing I must say (though the second book paled into comparison). However, Haddon has said he regrets that the book came to be associated with Aspergers/autism as much as it is.

On Monday, Ryan and I were on our way into Tesco and milling around by the entrance were a group of late teen lads, skateboards and generally mucking around

"Dad, their trousers need to be pulled up, I can see their boxers"

"Yes Ryan, but that's how they wear them, its a style and fashion thing at the moment"

"but Dad, it's wrong"

up he strides to the front of the group

"Excuse me, but can you pull your trousers up? You shouldn't wear your trousers half way down your legs. It's just scruffy"

He waited for an answer, instead got a group of lads mouthing nothing like goldfish in a bowl and satisfied he had made his point strode off in search of a trolley.

Welcome to my fascinating world, where when I am with him anything out of place, or non-routine just has to be dealt with, on the spot, with complete frankness!  

I didn't know Ryan had Aspergers Rich. When was he diagnosed?

I didn't notice anything unusual (Except that he was polite) when you visited me.

Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 641 [642] 643 644 645 646 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: