blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:37:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3606006 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21360 on: April 30, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »

Yeah, me too - although I dislike Paul Heaton.

Miserable sod.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21361 on: April 30, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »

Me or Paul Heaton.  Or both?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: April 30, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

Warning! This post may contain rants.

Players who do 'prop' bets whilst playing cash games.

Will the flop be red or black?

Will there be an 8 of clubs or a 4 of diamonds?

Each new deal answers these and other scintillating questions, causing the prop betters to curse in anguish or squeal with delight.

Either way, chips are thrown across the table mid hand. Sometimes they splash into the pot, sometimes they hit the dealers hands, sometimes they bounce to the floor and the game stops whilst chairs are moved to allow retrieval.

If players are sitting next to each other, chips are simply taken from stacks and passed. Nice, but illegal.

Prop bets may be fun for the participants, (Although I can't imagine why) but they are annoying and disrespectful to the other players.

Rant over.

Agree with you Tom. They shouldn't be allowed to pass chips from their stacks.

Why can't they simply keep a note and settle after the game?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21363 on: April 30, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »

Something happened at DTD on Saturday night that made me so angry / upset that I had to take a walk outside. In fact, I almost went home.

I may decide to write about it when I've calmed down enough to make an objective post using reasonable language, or I might just let it go. I can't decide which.

Grievances are like open wounds. Sometimes they need to be cleaned and dressed to prevent them from festering, and sometimes they heal better if you leave them alone.

I'll talk to Tony about it. When it comes to open wounds, be they metaphorical or otherwise, he's my triage nurse.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »

Something happened at DTD on Saturday night that made me so angry / upset that I had to take a walk outside. In fact, I almost went home.

I may decide to write about it when I've calmed down enough to make an objective post using reasonable language, or I might just let it go. I can't decide which.

Grievances are like open wounds. Sometimes they need to be cleaned and dressed to prevent them from festering, and sometimes they heal better if you leave them alone.

I'll talk to Tony about it. When it comes to open wounds, be they metaphorical or otherwise, he's my triage nurse.

I had to look up "triage".

We will, I guess, need to ask Tal Bloke to explain where the "tri" in triage arises from.

Goddamnit, I LOVE finding new (to me) words, & then their meaning.

Then I like to try & drop them into casual convo.

Generally, a monsta fail.

I discovered a new word last night, but it is too good for this Diary, sorry.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: April 30, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »

I had to look up "triage".

We will, I guess, need to ask Tal Bloke to explain where the "tri" in triage arises from.

Goddamnit, I LOVE finding new (to me) words, & then their meaning.

Then I like to try & drop them into casual convo.

Generally, a monsta fail.

I discovered a new word last night, but it is too good for this Diary, sorry.

This suggests Tony that you've never been to A&E in the last 20/30 years. Is this true?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: April 30, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »

I don't come here often, I'm afraid, but I've had a recommendation and now, a near-as-makes-no-difference order to pop along.

Triage for your purposes (in the sense of sorting inpatients for the urgency of treatment) first came into use in the Great War.

There's a French word trier which means to pick, which implies a Latin derivation somewhere.

While we are on the power of three, you might enjoy the story of why the official name of Trinity College Cambridge's boat club is First and Third:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_and_Third_Trinity_Boat_Club

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: April 30, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »

it seems as if trier has a root somewhere in the latin for three, dividing into threes 'best', 'middle', 'worst'...

don't know if this is the diary for it, but there should be somewhere I can post how unlikely it is that latin influenced the romance languages to the extent that we think it did in the middle ages.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21368 on: April 30, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »

I don't come here often, I'm afraid, but I've had a recommendation and now, a near-as-makes-no-difference order to pop along.

Sigh...

And here I was thinking you were always on the sidelines, stunned into silent admiration, as I am on your diary.

Triage for your purposes (in the sense of sorting inpatients for the urgency of treatment) first came into use in the Great War.

There's a French word trier which means to pick, which implies a Latin derivation somewhere.

While we are on the power of three, you might enjoy the story of why the official name of Trinity College Cambridge's boat club is First and Third:

A contribution worth waiting for though.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:42:04 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: April 30, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »

I'd say its time for a RED-DOG story.  This one fits the bill nicely in my opinion.

Excellent diary. Thoroughly enjoying it.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21370 on: April 30, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »

I'd say its time for a RED-DOG story.  This one fits the bill nicely in my opinion.

Excellent diary. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Why thank you Mr R.

Your alias wouldn't have anything to do with engines would it?

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: April 30, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »

Sigh...

And here I was thinking you were always on the sidelines, stunned into silent admiration, as I am on your diary.

Will die whether medical attention received or not
Will survive whether they receive medical attention or not
Will survive only if they recieve medical attention.

I believe these are the levels of assessment in medical triage terms. I know not in which order (1-3)

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21372 on: April 30, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »

Sigh...

I believe these are the levels of assessment in medical triage terms. I know not in which order (1-3)

Geo

Sounds like battlefield specific triage to me Geo.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: April 30, 2013, 07:13:06 PM »

Sigh...

Geo

Sounds like battlefield specific triage to me Geo.

You're probably correct Tom, afterall I only have battlefield medical training in my resume

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21374 on: April 30, 2013, 08:22:19 PM »

April.

Overall Profit / Loss

(Excluding Expenses)    +65.00

(Including Expenses)    -160.00

Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: