blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 2163 2164 [2165] 2166 2167 2168 2169 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587331 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #32460 on: February 13, 2020, 04:36:12 PM »

Enjoy your trip Tom, I'm looking forward to all the pics and thoughts. I've a friend who did a similar trip and she said that Cambodia had a certain smell that hit you as soon as you got off the plane so please let us know if you get the same!

I'm almost hoping I'll get some sort of non life threatening injury that leaves a scar so that I can say, "Yeah, I got it in Nam..."

You could just get a tattoo

I'm not sure about the hygiene so I'd be tempted to give that one a miss!

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32461 on: February 13, 2020, 06:59:52 PM »

Enjoy your trip Tom, I'm looking forward to all the pics and thoughts. I've a friend who did a similar trip and she said that Cambodia had a certain smell that hit you as soon as you got off the plane so please let us know if you get the same!

I'm almost hoping I'll get some sort of non life threatening injury that leaves a scar so that I can say, "Yeah, I got it in Nam..."

Whenever i have seen Tom , he has always appeared quite clean and tidy so i suspect he would be ok.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32462 on: February 13, 2020, 08:08:08 PM »

Whenever i have seen Tom , he has always appeared quite clean and tidy so i suspect he would be ok.

Oi!

I have a bath every month, whether I need it or not.

The older I get, the better I was.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #32463 on: February 15, 2020, 10:24:55 AM »

Oi!

I have a bath every month, whether I need it or not.

You're such a clean dude.

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children—last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty you could actually lose someone in it—hence the saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water."

I spend too much time on google.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32464 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:30 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32465 on: February 22, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »

Ha.

She will be the one in the white dress...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32466 on: February 26, 2020, 07:32:52 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-51638871/

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32467 on: February 26, 2020, 08:36:57 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-51633570

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32468 on: February 26, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »

Fantastic pics!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32469 on: March 01, 2020, 11:32:59 PM »

Why do broadsheet and tabloid newspapers exist side by side, surely one format is better than the other?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32470 on: March 02, 2020, 06:36:50 PM »

Why do broadsheet and tabloid newspapers exist side by side, surely one format is better than the other?

I feel that broadsheets are for a more leisurely in-depth read and often contain long words.

They are also aimed at members of the public who wear trysers.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32471 on: March 02, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »

I feel that broadsheets are for a more leisurely in-depth read and often contain long words.

They are also aimed at members of the public who wear trysers.

I know that but they could put the content of a broadsheet into a tabloid, or vice versa.

It's a bit like using VHS for action movies and BETA-MAX for documentaries.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32472 on: March 03, 2020, 08:57:19 AM »

Think there are only two broadsheets left Tom, the Daily Telegraph & the FT. Even The Guardian is a tabloid, though it's actually slightly larger than a regular tabloid.

The exception is Sunday, when the Sunday Times reverts to broadsheet, but that's for space reasons, as they cram so much advertising & so many supplements in that they would not fit in a tabloid.

In practical terms, it's almost impossible to read a broadsheet on crowded trains & buses, so a tabloid makes more sense. Quite why the Telegraph has persisted I don't know, but it's a very profitable newspaper by current standards so maybe they don't want to mess with a successful format.

Of course, in an ideal world, all newspapers would be broadsheet. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #32473 on: March 03, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »

Think there are only two broadsheets left Tom, the Daily Telegraph & the FT. Even The Guardian is a tabloid, though it's actually slightly larger than a regular tabloid.

The exception is Sunday, when the Sunday Times reverts to broadsheet, but that's for space reasons, as they cram so much advertising & so many supplements in that they would not fit in a tabloid.

In practical terms, it's almost impossible to read a broadsheet on crowded trains & buses, so a tabloid makes more sense. Quite why the Telegraph has persisted I don't know, but it's a very profitable newspaper by current standards so maybe they don't want to mess with a successful format.

Of course, in an ideal world, all newspapers would be broadsheet. 

Folding the Telegraph is an art form. Fold it lengthways, so that it is long, and thin. This makes it easier to handle everywhere, even on a train. I wouldn’t know if it works on a bus, because I haven’t been on one for years.**
The world would end if the Telegraph went tabloid.

** apparently I now qualify for free bus travel, but I haven’t got round to applying for my pass yet.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32474 on: March 03, 2020, 10:57:07 AM »

So basically the broadsheet is a format that some publishers and readers persevere with for the sake of nostalgia and tradition?

Nothing wrong with that IMO. Bits of the past are what us oldies look forward to the most.

Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 2163 2164 [2165] 2166 2167 2168 2169 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: