blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2163 2164 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 2170 2171 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3586878 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32490 on: March 21, 2020, 05:29:23 PM »

I wondered about that horse jumping up onto the wall too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #32491 on: March 26, 2020, 02:24:08 PM »

After reading this I thought about your planned holiday, if there was any doubt........:

A husband and wife from the U.S. had been eagerly anticipating their once-in-a-lifetime Viking River Cruise through the Mekong Delta for months, but when three passengers on the ship tested positive for COVID-19, things quickly turned ugly. The Illinois couple says they and the other passengers on the cruise were sequestered in an isolated“filthy, dilapidated” hotel far from their scheduled disembark location.

“We’re just feeling helpless,” Ryan Knapp told USA Today on March 16th, describing the accommodations as an abandoned hotel in southeast Cambodia. “It’s hard to see exactly how this plays out.”

Knapp says he has no idea how he and his wife will be able to make their way back to the U.S. To make matters worse, the 57-year-old reports that while they are not being medically quarantined, officials have told them they are being detained.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32492 on: March 26, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »

After reading this I thought about your planned holiday, if there was any doubt........:

A husband and wife from the U.S. had been eagerly anticipating their once-in-a-lifetime Viking River Cruise through the Mekong Delta for months, but when three passengers on the ship tested positive for COVID-19, things quickly turned ugly. The Illinois couple says they and the other passengers on the cruise were sequestered in an isolated“filthy, dilapidated” hotel far from their scheduled disembark location.

“We’re just feeling helpless,” Ryan Knapp told USA Today on March 16th, describing the accommodations as an abandoned hotel in southeast Cambodia. “It’s hard to see exactly how this plays out.”

Knapp says he has no idea how he and his wife will be able to make their way back to the U.S. To make matters worse, the 57-year-old reports that while they are not being medically quarantined, officials have told them they are being detained.

I think Tom had a lucky escape.   How different it all looked a month or so ago? I don't know when Tom's holiday was due to finish, and it doesn't look like the same boat, but it is clear now that it was likely to have ended really badly. 

Where was that article from?  I wouldn't mind reading it. 

Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #32493 on: March 26, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »

I think Tom had a lucky escape.   How different it all looked a month or so ago? I don't know when Tom's holiday was due to finish, and it doesn't look like the same boat, but it is clear now that it was likely to have ended really badly. 

Where was that article from?  I wouldn't mind reading it. 

Cheers

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/03/15/coronavirus-us-couple-limbo-after-being-forced-off-viking-cruise/5053446002/
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32494 on: March 26, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »

Cheers Mr O. Looks like we made the right call.

The older I get, the better I was.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #32495 on: March 27, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »

Cheers Mr O. Looks like we made the right call.

Absolutely, I can't imagine much worse tbh.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32496 on: March 31, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »

https://youtu.be/Nf4XxnL4lPk

Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #32497 on: March 31, 2020, 11:46:48 AM »

Made me laugh - Stealing!

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32498 on: April 11, 2020, 12:03:59 AM »

Did you bury this hoping steel price would rise?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-52220174?at_custom3=BBC+News&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom4=E32B19BE-79D6-11EA-8B7B-E9023A982C1E&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&fbclid=IwAR3UhBytnY2iOGCZbLGWahh2YCWwNRVV30IbAB2Ll75gjIP39S_zDO2YKro

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32499 on: April 11, 2020, 12:29:01 AM »

Sorry to have a rant Mr Hican but the new laws regarding the collection of scrap metal are so discriminatory that it makes my blood boil.

In fact, I'm not going there.

Supernova

View Profile
« Reply #32500 on: April 28, 2020, 05:08:43 PM »

Google Doodles for the lockdown, today is cricket!

https://www.google.com/logos/fnbx/top_ten/cricket_hero_1x.png

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32501 on: April 28, 2020, 10:11:22 PM »

Google Doodles for the lockdown, today is cricket!

https://www.google.com/logos/fnbx/top_ten/cricket_hero_1x.png

Lol. Bloody moles.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32502 on: May 01, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »

Given that there isn't much else to do, I am going to try and kick the kids out of bed for this. 

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/dawn-chorus-day

We are lucky in that we live very close to a country park, so should be able to get most of the sounds from the garden.  I am not sure how compatible it is with the Sunday Million, but will give it a go one time.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32503 on: May 01, 2020, 04:30:53 PM »

Given that there isn't much else to do, I am going to try and kick the kids out of bed for this. 

We are lucky in that we live very close to a country park, so should be able to get most of the sounds from the garden.  I am not sure how compatible it is with the Sunday Million, but will give it a go one time.

You'll be fine. The dawn chorus is over by the time the sun is up. You're more likely to hear it while playing the night before's session.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32504 on: May 01, 2020, 06:14:21 PM »

You'll be fine. The dawn chorus is over by the time the sun is up. You're more likely to hear it while playing the night before's session.

They are both up for getting up beford dawn.   Don't know how they will handle the reality; am pretty sure the elder one will follow it up though.  I hate mornings, but am trying to do new things with them.

Pages: 1 ... 2163 2164 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 2170 2171 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: