blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 2175 2176 ... 2341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3603179 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #32565 on: May 19, 2020, 04:53:33 PM »

I'm repairing the soak-away for my septic tank and I needed some gravel and distribution pipe etc so for the first time in weeks I had to go into public placed and talk to people.

I'm in a high risk category so I took all precautions. Social distancing x2, gloves, hand sanitiser... All no problem, except for the mask.

How do people manage without being able to smile at folk? I felt like the most miserable bastard in the world and people, (Strangers) behaved differently than they normally would too. No rapport or pleasant conservation, I felt like I couldn't get them on my side.

https://www.healthline.com/health/duchenne-smile

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32566 on: May 19, 2020, 05:17:42 PM »

This is what I look like if I do it with my mask on.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32567 on: May 19, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

You should consult Tikay on this matter as he is a master of smiling without showing any teeth.

It's all in the eyes - I read an article about it the other day but can't remember where or I'd link it.

You could of course paint a smile onto your mask.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #32568 on: May 19, 2020, 07:03:44 PM »

Buy one of these?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32569 on: May 19, 2020, 08:40:02 PM »

I'm repairing the soak-away for my septic tank and I needed some gravel and distribution pipe etc so for the first time in weeks I had to go into public placed and talk to people.

I'm in a high risk category so I took all precautions. Social distancing x2, gloves, hand sanitiser... All no problem, except for the mask.

How do people manage without being able to smile at folk? I felt like the most miserable bastard in the world and people, (Strangers) behaved differently than they normally would too. No rapport or pleasant conservation, I felt like I couldn't get them on my side.

My mate used to drive a Marina without any footbrake and the only way we could get from London to Swindon was for me to use the handbrake on his signal when we needed to slow down. I'd probably just pull the mask down for a second and smile at someone.

Why couldn't he use the handbrake himself, and why couldn't you see for yourself when you needed to slow down?

Are you intentionally whooshing me?

If so could give you a signal without taking my gloves off.

Sometimes I would anticipate the signal. He was quite a new driver so he preferred two hands on the wheel but in extremis he could work the handbrake whilst driving too.

It was just a mild anecdote about the risks we consciously take in life. So,  I'd take a chance and pull my mask down for a second but that wouldn't be for everyone

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32570 on: May 19, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »

My mate used to drive a Marina without any footbrake and the only way we could get from London to Swindon was for me to use the handbrake on his signal when we needed to slow down. I'd probably just pull the mask down for a second and smile at someone.

Why couldn't he use the handbrake himself, and why couldn't you see for yourself when you needed to slow down?

Are you intentionally whooshing me?

If so could give you a signal without taking my gloves off.

Sometimes I would anticipate the signal. He was quite a new driver so he preferred two hands on the wheel but in extremis he could work the handbrake whilst driving too.

It was just a mild anecdote about the risks we consciously take in life. So,  I'd take a chance and pull my mask down for a second but that wouldn't be for everyone

I love mild anecdotes, they're almost like parables.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32571 on: May 19, 2020, 10:38:58 PM »

Any updates on the belly?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32572 on: May 19, 2020, 10:48:07 PM »

Any updates on the belly?

Yes, the belly was the lie.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32573 on: May 20, 2020, 02:21:17 PM »

I love this story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52724062

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32574 on: May 21, 2020, 02:27:42 PM »

Factoid:

Last night at one point in time, it was 20 20 20 20 20 20.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32575 on: May 21, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »

Factoid:

I love this kind of stuff, but I get the year 2020 and the time 20:20, what is the other?

I had a bit of excitement today, I head some bird noises coming from a hole in a tree.   I was really hoping I'd found a treecreeper or woodpecker nest, but I withdrew and watched a great tit going in.  Don't know whether I should have been sad or pleased.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32576 on: May 21, 2020, 03:04:51 PM »

Factoid:

I love this kind of stuff, but I get the year 2020 and the time 20:20, what is the other?

I had a bit of excitement today, I head some bird noises coming from a hole in a tree.   I was really hoping I'd found a treecreeper or woodpecker nest, but I withdrew and watched a great tit going in.  Don't know whether I should have been sad or pleased.

Seconds I decided

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32577 on: May 21, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »

Factoid:

Seconds I decided

And date of course

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32578 on: May 21, 2020, 03:17:15 PM »

Factoid:

It was the 20th and then the seconds as Chomperino says.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32579 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »

Factoid:

It was the 20th and then the seconds as Chomperino says.

If I hadn't thought it was the 19th yesterday it may have been more obvious.   Really struggling with days and dates right now.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 2170 2171 [2172] 2173 2174 2175 2176 ... 2341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: