blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 2215 2216 [2217] 2218 2219 2220 2221 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3599537 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #33240 on: February 16, 2021, 04:03:04 PM »

I remember the steak and kidney puddings (or were they pies?), in a wide flat errr pie shaped tin.  I used to keep a couple as being skint food back up, so they lasted about a week.  I'm not sure if you did pierce those before cooking, as I vaguely remember the lid swelling up. 

Anyone remember those dried meals like chicken supreme, that you added water to and boiled up?  We always used them in youth hostels when on hols.  It was like the 70s thought fresh food of any kind was a health risk.

Those are pies in the flat tin, you can still get them now. You remove the lid completely and cook in the oven.

God only knows what was in the chicken supreme. Total crap no doubt but I loved it.

You could get it in the chip shops too for a while.

Strangely enough Mr doubleup, I've never had a problem with seeing you as one of the 'dragged up' generation.

Pie memories
45 years ago I left my parents nest and moved into a bed sit in a rundown part of town - it still is hbtw
25 lime tree avenue owned by Micky gynns - Peterborough to Coventry then lord knows where footballers mothers house for the princely sum of £7 a week in a hmo bed sit
It was my dinner 2-3 x a week with tinned potatoes n peas
Memories

I recently came across them in Farm foods £1.25 each on some offer so I bought 4 4 old times sakes
.now they are £1.50 and I’ve eaten a couple they are a bit 🤢🤢
So I’m guessing I won’t be buying anymore
However having bought them I can’t throw them away
Their eat by dates are ridic long
They are almost indestructible
Plus very can opener resistant
Very low meat content
If you don’t overcook them the uncooked  pastry under the crust is like afterbirth - not that I’ve ever eaten that either
But the dog likes chasing the empty tin around the kitchen / patio to get all the meat - remaining  pastry out afterwards

So ivegot 1-2 to go lol

Wish me luck

Sorry to hear about kissy Tom
Our Border terrier Bramble is 13.5 now and not got too long left we think
‘ it’s a sad day when they go
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33241 on: February 16, 2021, 07:41:42 PM »

My post box is at the end of the lane. Every day it has junk mail in it and three times in the last fortnight there has been a survey questionnaire with 100s of nosey questions, it weighs about 2lb. 

It even chides me for not completing previous ones and advises me, "You could be eligible for a £5 voucher".

My question is, once junk mail has been put into my letterbox, does it then become my responsibility to carry home and store and dispose of?

I think you can leave it in there

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33242 on: February 16, 2021, 08:50:54 PM »

My post box is at the end of the lane. Every day it has junk mail in it and three times in the last fortnight there has been a survey questionnaire with 100s of nosey questions, it weighs about 2lb. 

It even chides me for not completing previous ones and advises me, "You could be eligible for a £5 voucher".

My question is, once junk mail has been put into my letterbox, does it then become my responsibility to carry home and store and dispose of?

I think you can leave it in there

Thanks Glen, I knew I could count on you.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33243 on: February 17, 2021, 01:18:03 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

I hate this sort of thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56071437

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33244 on: February 17, 2021, 01:31:11 PM »

If it was someone looking over your shoulder no one would stand for it.

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33245 on: February 17, 2021, 02:03:25 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

It's a bit weird Gmail (for example) doesn't block this sort of thing. Google are very keen on blocking everyone else's tracking- they say it's for privacy reasons, but it's actually cos that's their job. See also the NHS's first go at a track and trace app, which Google blocked because it went against their privacy policy on Android. Their privacy policy being of course that Google can invade your policy as much as they like but no one else can.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33246 on: February 17, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

It's a bit weird Gmail (for example) doesn't block this sort of thing. Google are very keen on blocking everyone else's tracking- they say it's for privacy reasons, but it's actually cos that's their job. See also the NHS's first go at a track and trace app, which Google blocked because it went against their privacy policy on Android. Their privacy policy being of course that Google can invade your policy as much as they like but no one else can.

I love the benefits of Google Skip but it's a terrible trade off.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33247 on: February 17, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »

Now that he's banned on Twitter, perhaps we should invite Donald Trump to post on here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33248 on: February 17, 2021, 03:00:41 PM »

Now that he's banned on Twitter, perhaps we should invite Donald Trump to post on here.

Talking of which, tonight at 9pm on BBC2 is part 2 of 3 of "Trump Takes on the World".  

Part 1, last Wednesday, was superb viewing, but a bit scary. The man is even madder & more in love with himself than I realised.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33249 on: February 17, 2021, 03:02:49 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

I'm not so sure personally. When it comes to Google I get they know everything about me but a) in return they give me lots of stuff I find really useful (Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Search, a cheaper phone etc.) and b) I trust them if I tell them to stop it on their privacy tools, they will. Facebook on the other hand seem to spend their entire time trying to evade any kind of controls, and return they give me a website where my acquaintances reveal themselves to be Nazis. Or occasionally Communists.

Having said that I know picking between the tech giants is like picking which fascist dictator you want to be whipped by.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33250 on: February 17, 2021, 03:05:58 PM »

If Herbie was too much for Blonde, I don't think Trump will last long.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33251 on: February 17, 2021, 03:34:16 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

I'm not so sure personally. When it comes to Google I get they know everything about me but a) in return they give me lots of stuff I find really useful (Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Search, a cheaper phone etc.) and b) I trust them if I tell them to stop it on their privacy tools, they will. Facebook on the other hand seem to spend their entire time trying to evade any kind of controls, and return they give me a website where my acquaintances reveal themselves to be Nazis. Or occasionally Communists.

Having said that I know picking between the tech giants is like picking which fascist dictator you want to be whipped by.

All very fair points Skip, I especially love the last line.

BTW- Do you have a Google phone?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33252 on: February 17, 2021, 03:47:09 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

Love the line about Nazis, I find we can't pick our relatives.

I trust Google a bit more than Facebook, but also find myself very happy with some of the things they do for me.  Facebook is always on the borders of deletion. 

Some bits of Facebook do amuse me though. I have an old friend who is a bit of an old duffer, and the entire catalogue of his work on Facebook seems to resolve around him asking why he is recommended so many restaurants two hours away from his home.  You just know it is because every time he sees a restaurant he clicks on it and finds out where it is; he then writes posts about the ones that are two hours away from home...  Of course the AI (or maybe not in this case?), thinks he is only interested in restaurants two hours away from home, so sends him some more.  I am not sure if I should ever do a big reveal, as I am a bit worried I'll never hear from him at all if he stops clicking on those restaurants.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33253 on: February 17, 2021, 03:58:52 PM »

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!

you
Haha. Love the description of facebook. Mainly just follow bands on there now and very few friends and family.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33254 on: February 17, 2021, 04:24:05 PM »

Boris tries to don hospital glove but struggles because it's too small.

"I'm like O J Simpson" He quips.

Cue opposition to call him out for "Exceedingly offensive joke".

I'm no Boris lover but fuck off opposition, you're not doing yourself any favours with that kind of petty crap.

First 10 seconds.

Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 2215 2216 [2217] 2218 2219 2220 2221 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: