blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2261 2262 2263 2264 [2265] 2266 2267 2268 2269 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600658 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33960 on: July 29, 2021, 02:52:39 PM »

Anyone ever get lazy when they start writing a post? The post above could have been so good but I just got super lazy and now its pretty crap.

I thought it was a great post content-wise, in fact I liked it so much I read it twice. OK, perhaps the prose could have been better but then you risk robbing it of it's honesty and spontaneity.

Who am I to talk anyway. I hate everything I write lately.

BTW, The more you reveal about yourself the more surprised I am at how wrong I had you pegged.

^^ How's that for bad writing? ^^  (It's more like wrongting)

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33961 on: July 29, 2021, 02:58:28 PM »

Scarily, I opened eBay this morning and it asked me if I would be interested in buying an Eaton twin-speed axle.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33962 on: July 29, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »

PILOTE GALAXY 901 MERCEDES LWB.  EVERY POSSIBLE EXTRA AND MORE.

Like what, some impossible extras?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33963 on: July 30, 2021, 10:33:48 AM »

I much prefer on the fire toast to dried up stick-like toaster toast, the problem is, these days I don't have a fire to toast on.

So, I made myself a cooker top toaster.

Before you mock let me point out that slightly burned is my preference and the bread is misshapen because it was squashed in the freezer.

Also, I just dirtied the cooker. (Mrs Red would kill me if anyone thought she left it like that)

Anyway, the toast was de-licious.

Click to see full-size image.

I know the satisfaction of devising and building your own solution, but you know you can buy them for a fiver at Halfords?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33964 on: July 30, 2021, 10:54:54 AM »

Cheers Rod.

You are right as usual but I have been down that route.

This type is a nightmare. It takes ages to set up, it does terrible toast and it keeps collapsing.

This type is excellent but after a fortnight of daily use the mesh at the bottom burns out.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33965 on: July 30, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »

Ah fair point Red Cheesy

So much camping stuff is for (very) occasional use and not up to day to day wear and tear.

One of the van-life videos I saw a van converter said he tried to avoid camping equipment as not robust enough. He went with the yachting equipment whenever he (or his customer) could afford it because they are made to last.

So, I give you:

https://www.force4.co.uk/item/Force-4/Gas-Ring-Toaster/FMJ?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=base&stock=20251&gclid=CjwKCAjwxo6IBhBKEiwAXSYBswyx39ybS8LcTNlhfYJvllKKDQqJtKM4PCmJVVuYeWTok-igVVSbxhoCc_IQAvD_BwE

Drawback with the stuff made for sailing - cost....

« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:28:32 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33966 on: July 30, 2021, 01:57:17 PM »

Definitely a possibility and the price isn't too off-putting.

No reviews or videos though...

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33967 on: July 30, 2021, 03:18:58 PM »

Single favourite poker memory? Do you still play at all these days or plan to play again post-covid?

Blimey Cos, these are tough questions. So many great poker memories but I'm going to plump for this one...

I was in Vegas, it was my first time and I was thrilled to be there. It was late afternoon and I was playing a lovely friendly game of $1-2 hold-em in the Golden nugget.

It was World series time and everyone at the table was just a tourist or a rec, we were chatting and joking and generally having a wonderful game, then Mr Fat Obnoxious Drunken Bastard sat down.

First hand I make a small raise, (What with I can't remember) Mr FODB immediately goes all-in for whatever he bought in for, probably 100 bucks. I fold, as does everyone else.

A couple of hands later I raise KJos, he pushes all in. I look at him sideways and he gives me a broadside of slavering verbal. I pass again and pray to what ever Gods there may be to give me a proper hand.

Incredibly, my next hand is a pair of queens, now I'm worried in case he doesn't do his all-in thing when I raise. I needn't have bothered, he announces all in anyway.

He acted out of turn and he hadn't pushed his chips into the middle so I asked the dealer if I checked would his all-in stand, the dealer assured me it would.

After I checked, he checked behind me. I told him he was all in and he denied it.

I turned to the dealer who was beginning to dither a bit so I immediately called the floor.

When the floorman came the dealer explained accurately what had happened, and as he did so Mr Obnoxious was protesting that he didn't intend to go all in and that he was saying "All in" while describing another hand to his friend on another table.

Then the floorman turned to Mr Obnoxious and said, "I'll let you off this time, but don't do it again". 

I almost hit the roof. I told the floorman that I had just passed twice to the same man making the same move but the moment he gets caught out he gets to take his money back? In a very loud voice I told him (and everyone else in the card-room) that I pay my rake so that I can pay in a fair game where everyone has to follow the rules and that I wasn't going to let this go.

I think the floorman was just following the path of least resistance. He looked me in the eye and obviously decided that today, I wasn't it.

"You're all in Buddy" He told Mr Obnoxious.

Mr O squealed like a pig but his chips went in.

I can't tell you exactly what the flop was but I know it had a queen and an eight in it.

I can't remember the turn but the river was another eight.

Mr Obnoxious started whooping and hollering. He slammed 85os face up on to the table and attempted to rake in the chips. The dealer stopped him and gestured towards me. I turned my queens over slowly one at a time.

Everyone at the table (Except Mr O obviously) went crazy, they were thrilled to bits. I felt like a super hero. Obnoxious left us, swearing as he went. 

If that's not my most satisfying poker moment, it's definitely way up there.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33968 on: July 31, 2021, 10:09:06 AM »

My last game of live poker was on 22nd of October 2019, God knows when my next one will be. I do like to play the odd tournament or sit in a small cash game but I won't be doing that again for the forseeable do to Covid.

I occasionally play online but I can't beat online cash games at any level.

I think I'm always good value in online tourneys but I don't have the will or the stamina to put any decent volume in these days.

Also, (and I don't mean this to sound melodramatic) life's too short.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33969 on: July 31, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »

My last game of live poker was on 22nd of October 2019, God knows when my next one will be. I do like to play the odd tournament or sit in a small cash game but I won't be doing that again for the forseeable do to Covid.

I think I'm always good value in online tourneys but I don't have the will or the stamina to put any decent volume in these days.

That was SPT Notts, unless I'm mistaken?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33970 on: July 31, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »

That was SPT Notts, unless I'm mistaken?

You're not mistaken.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #33971 on: July 31, 2021, 03:10:15 PM »

Anyone ever get lazy when they start writing a post? The post above could have been so good but I just got super lazy and now its pretty crap.

I thought it was a great post content-wise, in fact I liked it so much I read it twice. OK, perhaps the prose could have been better but then you risk robbing it of it's honesty and spontaneity.

Who am I to talk anyway. I hate everything I write lately.

BTW, The more you reveal about yourself the more surprised I am at how wrong I had you pegged.

^^ How's that for bad writing? ^^  (It's more like wrongting)

็Haha thanks.

I'll take that as a compliment because I remember what an argumentative troll I could be 15 years or so ago. It's definitely very easy to take someone the wrong way too on blonde.

I remember one game that I went to many years ago and my dad happened to agree to drop me off to. There was a big older guy in the game and I took and immediate dislike to him. I had never seen anyone as rude before nor have I since. I was new in the game but he was being really rude and venomous towards some players and particularly dealers. I was about ready to pipe up and tell him to shut up and my dad walked in having parked up and put on a few bets in the bookies. He would ordinarily not even be driving me and even less usually would he be stopping in too. He literally pulled me away from the game for a second and told me to not say a peep to the guy in seat 2. I was confused as my dad had just come in the room. He told me the guy was a notorious gangster from a renowned family and not long gotten out of prison for murder. I pondered then how close I'd come to an incident.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #33972 on: July 31, 2021, 11:03:34 PM »

I remember what an argumentative troll I could be 15 years or so ago.

No way Jose

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33973 on: August 01, 2021, 09:57:24 AM »

Mind you, Mrs Red has just bought  me this (c2003) from the car boot sale so things could change...

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33974 on: August 01, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »

Happy Yorkshire Day Tom.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 2261 2262 2263 2264 [2265] 2266 2267 2268 2269 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: