blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2262 2263 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 2269 2270 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3586917 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33975 on: August 01, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »

Cheers Boo.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33976 on: August 02, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »

"One technology you'd like improved and one you want banished from the world."

I would like to see battery technology improved. Imagine an electric bicycle with 100 mile range and a 1 hour recharge time, a car with a 500 mile range or phone that will do 24 hours heavy use. The list is endless. (It will happen)

A technology I would like banished? Man made nuclear fusion/fission.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33977 on: August 02, 2021, 01:12:26 PM »

Talking of "improved technology"......

To be fair, in the days of Radio Rentals, we only had three channels. Now we have hundreds, & still find ourselves thinking "there's nothing on telly tonight".

What times we live in.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #33978 on: August 02, 2021, 02:05:19 PM »

and what's more the screen size was about as big as a laptop.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33979 on: August 02, 2021, 02:23:11 PM »

I have to use three different remotes and like most people I have access to hundreds of programmes on demand.

In fairness though, almost everything I watch (Mostly news, documentaries, history, factual programmes and sport) is excellent. BBC iPlayer alone could keep me happy for ever.

I do watch the occasional pile of shite, but only when I want something to rmoan about.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #33980 on: August 02, 2021, 03:15:27 PM »

Have you done much in the way of genealogy research, Tom?  I remember you posting a picture of a Scottish ancestor.

I've been trying to find enough Irish ancestors to justify an Irish passport as apparently you have a chance with Irish great-grandparents plus other Irish relatives.  It is stunning though, how people simply disappear of the records.  I can't find any of my great-grandfather's eight siblings or his parents anywhere but the 1881 UK census.  The Scottish govt site I use is very sneaky as well, in that they give you limited info when you search for documents, so you end up paying for irrelevant records.  The Irish one is free, though having no census records means that you have to trawl through more records to find anything.   
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33981 on: August 02, 2021, 03:26:35 PM »

Have you done much in the way of genealogy research, Tom?  I remember you posting a picture of a Scottish ancestor.

I've been trying to find enough Irish ancestors to justify an Irish passport as apparently you have a chance with Irish great-grandparents plus other Irish relatives.  It is stunning though, how people simply disappear of the records.  I can't find any of my great-grandfather's eight siblings or his parents anywhere but the 1881 UK census.  The Scottish govt site I use is very sneaky as well, in that they give you limited info when you search for documents, so you end up paying for irrelevant records.  The Irish one is free, though having no census records means that you have to trawl through more records to find anything.   

Mrs Red has done a fair bit and she has made some good progress but is hampered by the fact that births were often not recorded and names were often changed. Criminal records were a great help. (Most Gypsies have one whether they deserve it or not)

I would love to be an EU citizen again.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33982 on: September 13, 2021, 06:45:49 PM »

Spending a week in Yorkshire this week Red. Stopping in Bainbridge, course I'm on is just over the border in Garsdale in Cumbria. Beautiful countryside, quite like at home.

Stayed in the Moorcock last night which reminded me of the pub in American Werewolf in London , out on its own in the moors.

Must admit I've always felt at home in Yorkshire, it's like where I'm from in Scotland just a different accent. Already been out helping an old fella start his ancient Leyland tractor, he's left it running while he has a very because "t'auld bugger won't start again if I stop er"  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 06:47:26 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33983 on: September 13, 2021, 06:58:11 PM »

I've always felt a home in Scotland Rod, except for when I was almost lynched in Easterhouse.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33984 on: September 13, 2021, 07:28:46 PM »

Spending a week in Yorkshire this week Red. Stopping in Bainbridge, course I'm on is just over the border in Garsdale in Cumbria. Beautiful countryside, quite like at home.

Stayed in the Moorcock last night which reminded me of the pub in American Werewolf in London , out on its own in the moors.

Must admit I've always felt at home in Yorkshire, it's like where I'm from in Scotland just a different accent. Already been out helping an old fella start his ancient Leyland tractor, he's left it running while he has a very because "t'auld bugger won't start again if I stop er"  Smiley

What course are you on Rod?

Also, sort this out. Curiosity is killing me.   "while he has a very....."?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33985 on: September 13, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »

I'm going for "beer"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33986 on: September 13, 2021, 08:28:29 PM »

I'm going for "beer"

Explains the typo if correct. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33987 on: September 13, 2021, 09:58:30 PM »

Bevy innit

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33988 on: September 14, 2021, 02:55:07 PM »

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

https://youtu.be/hjmuBJvJMmk

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33989 on: September 14, 2021, 03:33:05 PM »

Karabiner got it right. I'm terrible at typing on the phone.

I'm on a fibre splicing course, was looking at a change of direction in telecoms. Just got a call though offering me a different telecoms job. So the course is just for interest now.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 2262 2263 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 2269 2270 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: