blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:57:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 2300 2301 [2302] 2303 2304 2305 2306 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587558 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #34515 on: August 02, 2022, 12:52:30 PM »

Beware of cheap grinders, i bought one from a well known store.....3rd go it caught fire in my hand, took it back , next one lasted a few weeks but caught fire also. Was more pissed off that it broke the disc when i dropped it  Shocked Cheesy
I now have a fantastic Milwalkee cordless grinder, superb.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34516 on: August 02, 2022, 01:16:36 PM »

Beware of cheap grinders, i bought one from a well known store.....3rd go it caught fire in my hand, took it back , next one lasted a few weeks but caught fire also. Was more pissed off that it broke the disc when i dropped it  Shocked Cheesy
I now have a fantastic Milwalkee cordless grinder, superb.

I have to admit that my grinder a vicious little bastard. It's like a bad tempered terrier, growling and flinging itself about.

It gets the job done, you just have to show it respect and keep it on a short leash.

Does anyone else find it amusing that Milwalkiee is famous for beer and angle-grinders?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34517 on: August 02, 2022, 01:43:10 PM »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 10:04:38 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34518 on: August 02, 2022, 06:04:18 PM »

Why did you post these Tom?  As an old fart, I know we had these in the past, but don't understand why you'd post them without comment. 

Surprising quite how offensive a couple of them are.  What were they thinking with the top and bottom one?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34519 on: August 02, 2022, 07:20:11 PM »

Why did you post these Tom?  As an old fart, I know we had these in the past, but don't understand why you'd post them without comment. 

Surprising quite how offensive a couple of them are.  What were they thinking with the top and bottom one?

I posted these precisely because they are so shocking and as a reminder of how far we've come.

I didn't think comment was nescecairy unless a conversation started, (which it has thank you)

I didn't mean to offend. Happy to take them down if you or anyone else thinks I shoud.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34520 on: August 02, 2022, 07:32:36 PM »

Must be a tech wizard here can help, can generally see all photos posted here except the ones Tom posts. I use chrome on my pc and some other browser on my phone.

For most photos Tom posts I see an empty square with a prompt to click for full size image, this, when clicked, redirects me to directupload.net but doesn't connect me to it.

Assume it must be something in my settings as others can see the pics.

Would appreciate a steer from anyone who has any ideas about the issue

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34521 on: August 02, 2022, 09:15:52 PM »

Must be a tech wizard here can help, can generally see all photos posted here except the ones Tom posts. I use chrome on my pc and some other browser on my phone.

For most photos Tom posts I see an empty square with a prompt to click for full size image, this, when clicked, redirects me to directupload.net but doesn't connect me to it.

I am no techie on this, but when I clicked on the photos I just went to the site and didn't get to see a larger version of the photo (which is what I expected).   So I think it is a combo of the way the photos are posted and your settings. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #34522 on: August 02, 2022, 09:20:53 PM »

Just checking one of them with the url link taken out

The url was just directly the website - that's why that's all it did

It doesn't link to anything without that - is it visible?
(that's a check to see if your settings were blocking displaying it because it thought the link was dodgy)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 10:03:22 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #34523 on: August 02, 2022, 09:25:13 PM »

The only thing I can think of is that under Chrome Settings - Privacy Settings - Site Settings - Images - you can choose to default to display or not display images; but that should effect everything.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34524 on: August 02, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »

I posted these precisely because they are so shocking and as a reminder of how far we've come.

I didn't think comment was nescecairy unless a conversation started, (which it has thank you)

I didn't mean to offend. Happy to take them down if you or anyone else thinks I shoud.

But if you don't put text, people who you don't know so well could misunderstand the intention?  

Even without that, I just think you can probably have a discussion without the first image, or any of them really.   The first one is more offensive as not only does it use one of the very worst racist words, but doubles down by suggesting it is desirable for the back kids to have white skin.  I think that makes it so bad, that it is best forgotten.    

We could have a discussion about where it is OK to use that word?  I am not really happy to even post it here anymore, and what do you do if so many of your records are rap/hip-hop?  I don't think you'd catch me singing it out loud, but sure I must sing it subconsciously sometimes?

It isn't an easy border though, as you can't stop doing everything just because I find it offensive, and others may differ.  

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34525 on: August 02, 2022, 11:35:12 PM »

PM'd you a link to the pics Glen.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34526 on: August 03, 2022, 10:11:26 AM »

Reflecting on Doob's comments above I decided to remove the pictures and replace them with a link.

WARNING!
This link leads to a selection of historical adverts that are racist and misogynistic in the extreme. Please don't click if you think you might be offended.

I posted them to highlight how bad things were, how far we've come and perhaps make us think about how far we still have to go.

https://femanin.com/2022/07/15/30-vintage-adverts-that-would-be-banned-today-2/?utm_source=gallery2&utm_medium=gallery2-Nick-lou4_495_30vintageadvertsthatwouldbebannedtoday21_2022080204012alk185000gb1-2-al-k-18&utm_campaign=lou4_495_30vintageadvertsthatwouldbebannedtoday21_2022080204012alk185000gb1-gbmobileandroid1-1&aniview=1&ajax=1&cloud=1&adhesion=1&landing=1&slide=30

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34527 on: August 04, 2022, 10:57:14 AM »

Grouting. Had a bucket of water to sponge up the excess grout and mess. Tripped over bucket, fell back, with my arse landing in a big pool of grouty water
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34528 on: August 04, 2022, 11:11:39 AM »

Any pics?

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34529 on: August 04, 2022, 11:16:34 AM »

All evidence of the incident removed from the scene and in washing machine.
Pages: 1 ... 2298 2299 2300 2301 [2302] 2303 2304 2305 2306 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: