blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 2313 2314 [2315] 2316 2317 2318 2319 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587274 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34710 on: October 26, 2022, 08:57:07 PM »

In other news:

https://www.howdidido.com/My/Result?sectionId=384&compNumber=102634&division=1

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34711 on: October 26, 2022, 09:20:32 PM »

I just see a log in page Ralph.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34712 on: October 26, 2022, 09:30:26 PM »

I had a feeling that might happen - but I don't know how to do a screenshot 

Just a golfing brag - I managed to beat some other old golfers in the monthly senior's medal

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34713 on: October 26, 2022, 10:03:59 PM »

I had a feeling that might happen - but I don't know how to do a screenshot 

Just a golfing brag - I managed to beat some other old golfers in the monthly senior's medal

Still got that competitive streak eh? Way to go Ralph.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34714 on: October 27, 2022, 09:02:32 AM »

Awesome.

A memory for life when we town-dwellers encounter something like that.

PS - well done on the Golf.

I noticed Barny Boatman won a PLO comp at the EPT yesterday. Can't beat a good old-timer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:04:12 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34715 on: October 27, 2022, 10:50:37 AM »

Well done Ralph - the golfing gods have taken away what ever they gave me over the summer. Also I made a colossal blunder in a competition when I confidently instructed one of my playing partners that my ball was his ball, causing both of us to play the wrong ball. Luckily it was a stableford format, so the excruciating embarrassment wasn't compounded by both of us having to replay shots.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34716 on: October 27, 2022, 02:20:34 PM »

I'm as empathetic as the next guy, but come on, this has to be the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63403823

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34717 on: October 27, 2022, 02:56:33 PM »

When I was a kid we had a huge block of carbolic soap that also served as shampoo, deodorant and perfume.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34718 on: October 27, 2022, 03:06:20 PM »

In my mam's hands it was also an offensive weapon. She could throw it with all the speed and accuracy of a top baseball pitcher.

Many is the time I've been felled mid scarper by a well aimed block of Lifebuoy.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34719 on: October 28, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »

Well done Ralph - the golfing gods have taken away what ever they gave me over the summer. Also I made a colossal blunder in a competition when I confidently instructed one of my playing partners that my ball was his ball, causing both of us to play the wrong ball. Luckily it was a stableford format, so the excruciating embarrassment wasn't compounded by both of us having to replay shots.

I've done that although it was my partner who erred first just assuming I had outdriven him.

I also played utter crap yesterday after my gross 78/net 67 last week - the annual really good round.

Needing to par the last four holes to shoot my age for the first time I managed to bogey them all.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34720 on: October 31, 2022, 10:17:03 AM »

When I was a kid we had a huge block of carbolic soap that also served as shampoo, deodorant and perfume.

Some memories here Tom.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34721 on: October 31, 2022, 11:25:07 AM »

My granny had Knight's Castile, we thought it was the height of sophistication.

Wright's coal tar was a beautiful translucent orange soap. It had a once smelled, never forgotten "fragrance."
When I was about 12 I was collecting old rags door to door and a lady gave me a bar of it. I was thrilled, although looking back, I probably should have read more into it.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34722 on: November 03, 2022, 04:29:22 PM »

Four new traveller pitches will be created in a Leicestershire field despite opposition from the local council. The proposed pitches in Mere Road, Bitteswell were denied permission in July last year by Harborough District Council’s planning committee which said there was already more than necessary spaces in the area. However, that decision has now been overturned following an appeal by applicant Tracey Macready, who wants to add the pitches to his own at the site outside Lutterworth to make space for his extended family. https://bit.ly/3h6C5Aa

your brother?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34723 on: November 03, 2022, 04:54:10 PM »

Nephew.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34724 on: November 03, 2022, 05:04:30 PM »

The additional pitches are on his own land for his own family.

In a document submitted, a spokesperson for Ullesthorpe Parish Council said: "There is a high volume of parishioner objections, most of which refer to law and order problems.” Adding: “There are historical and ongoing tensions with anti-social behaviour.”

However, the inspectorate said there was no evidence linking Mr Macready or any of the intended occupants with criminal activity or anti-social behaviour. There was also unlikely to be any impact on roads or highways safety given the small number of additional pitches, they said.

Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 2313 2314 [2315] 2316 2317 2318 2319 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: