blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3606756 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3300 on: August 20, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »

BTW Ralph, did you remember to save the bone for Kizzy?

Of course I did Tom, that's two bones in the bone-bank now.

I must be going blind as I walked all through the cash game area on Sunday night after going out just before the second break 12.15ish I think it was, and didn't see you. I had a quick chat with Mickey Jones on the ramp near the cash desk and toodled off home as I didn't feel like jumping straight into a cash game after four hours of tourney poker.

Please tell me I didn't walk straight past you.  

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3301 on: August 20, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3302 on: August 20, 2008, 01:30:47 PM »

I don't know.  I was proberly eating at the time.

FYP

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mike saban

View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: August 21, 2008, 12:09:33 AM »

Its taken me a few days, reading a page here, 20 there, but I finally made it to the end (sofar).

What an excellent thread, I've enjoyed the stories, the pictures, snippets of information and even the pee taking at times as made me howl. It has been a brilliant read with a good mixture of current affairs, past experiences and poker.

Thank you,

All the best

Mike

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3304 on: August 21, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »

Its taken me a few days, reading a page here, 20 there, but I finally made it to the end (sofar).

What an excellent thread, I've enjoyed the stories, the pictures, snippets of information and even the pee taking at times as made me howl. It has been a brilliant read with a good mixture of current affairs, past experiences and poker.

Thank you,

All the best

Mike

Why thank you kind sir.

I know the diaries aren't everyone's cup of tea, and I have to confess that I often get self conscious about the stuff I post. I'm sure the other diarists would say the same.

A little feedback (Not necessarily praise, just comment) makes all the difference.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3305 on: August 21, 2008, 01:20:33 AM »

I just learned something amazing. Molten glass seems to become a solid when it cools, but it actually remains a liquid. (Albeit a very viscous one)

The glass in your windows behaves like a liquid, it just moves very very slowly. After 20 years or so though, it will be measurably thicker at the bottom than at the top.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3306 on: August 21, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

I just learned something amazing. Molten glass seems to become a solid when it cools, but it actually remains a liquid. (Albeit a very viscous one)

The glass in your windows behaves like a liquid, it just moves very very slowly. After 20 years or so though, it will be measurably thicker at the bottom than at the top.

For an example of something else which is also ultra thick, but still a liquid, look at the pitch drop experiment. In 1927, scientists put bitumen in a jar, and measured how long it took for it to drip through. On average it takes 8 years for each drop to fall - the experiment is still running today.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3307 on: August 21, 2008, 09:43:51 AM »

For an example of something else which is also ultra thick, but still a liquid, look at the pitch drop experiment. In 1927, scientists put bitumen in a jar, and measured how long it took for it to drip through. On average it takes 8 years for each drop to fall - the experiment is still running today.

I love this bit

To date, no one has ever actually witnessed a drop fall. The experiment is in the view of a webcam although technical problems prevented the most recent drop from being recorded.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: August 21, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »

This is one of the most fascinating things I have ever read - the tenacity of people doing experiments beggars belief. 8 years for the first drop to fall? I think I would have lost interest after a couple of weeks. "Nope that's never going to work" type attitude.

British experimenters ftw - he's from Oz but obv all australians originated from the Uk so yet again a brit shines.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3309 on: August 21, 2008, 09:52:11 AM »

playing the deepstack tommorow tom?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3310 on: August 21, 2008, 09:57:48 AM »

playing the deepstack tommorow tom?

Naturalment.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3311 on: August 21, 2008, 10:00:18 AM »

This is one of the most fascinating things I have ever read - the tenacity of people doing experiments beggars belief. 8 years for the first drop to fall? I think I would have lost interest after a couple of weeks. "Nope that's never going to work" type attitude.

British experimenters ftw - he's from Oz but obv all australians originated from the Uk so yet again a brit shines.

Mind you, at 8 years a drop it's positively speedy compaired to glass.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3312 on: August 21, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »

And compaired to our lass getting out of bed to made me a cup of tea it's greased lightning.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3313 on: August 21, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »

tres bien bonne chance!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3314 on: August 21, 2008, 10:04:10 AM »

tres bien bonne chance!

An thee owd cock.