blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1a - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1a - Interactive  (Read 61833 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »

An update on my son - Chris Rossiter would be appreciated - it's his 2nd EPT so far, last seen at 2007 final.

I'm sorry for the delay. I have a picture of someone who may well be Chris...he is sitting in wha tlooks like the allocated seat but without his card. I snapped him to double check, but cannot upload pics at the moment.

If the lad in question is Chris, he is currently on 9k. This is fairly far below the current average of 17k but it is only 150 300, so given the generous structure, it is still a workable stack.

I'll try and get the pics up as soon as is felinely possible.

Would this be Chris?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

Mike McDonald, despite trailing behind the leaders by 20k or so isn't shy about getting his chips in... just now he raised preflop to 1,100 with two callers.
Flop: .  The big blind (Andreas Sarling, I think) fired out 2,100, but passed with an attitude of chagrin to McDonald's speedy raise to 4,500... Mike showed the at this juncture.  I am sure that meant something to them both, but I'm not sure I could crack the code just then and there...

Elsewhere people's tournaments are on the line with increasing frequency...like Richard Fohrenbach, who made it 1,125 to go preflop, only for small blind Giorgio Salemi to re-raise to 3,150.  Fohrenbach asked for a count, and seeing that he was covered, but not by a whole lot, shoved the rest in.  He was rewarded with a fold and a no-flop pot of decent size.

But it wasn't to work for Anthony Chatelain, whose (all in pre) were eliminated by an which caught one of those overcards.  Also out (a while ago) went Sebastian Ruthenberg and about 18 others in the last level, though there are still 107 players heading into the final two hours' play.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2008, 11:12:03 PM »

Redmond Lee is currently one of the chip leaders in the tournament. He is apparently a young, london player who is well known online, having earned a fearsome reputation by winning stars sunday million as well as playing 10/20 NLHE cash regularly.

Jen asked "Are you sure it's Redmond Lee, not Lee Redmond?"....a reasonable sounding question...till you meet the REAL Lee Redmond, none other than the owner of the longest fingernails IN THE WORLD!

I'm thinking this girl might have no problem raking in the pots, but she might find herself scratching around for chips sometimes. She probably plays some pots too cute(icle) too.

Okay I'll stop now before Jen(and the rest of you) throw up.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2008, 11:14:25 PM »

Update on Graham Clarkson if possible

Thank you

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »

Redmond Lee is currently one of the chip leaders in the tournament. He is apparently a young, london player who is well known online, having earned a fearsome reputation by winning stars sunday million as well as playing 10/20 NLHE cash regularly.

Jen asked "Are you sure it's Redmond Lee, not Lee Redmond?"....a reasonable sounding question...till you meet the REAL Lee Redmond, none other than the owner of the longest fingernails IN THE WORLD!

I'm thinking this girl might have no problem raking in the pots, but she might find herself scratching around for chips sometimes. She probably plays some pots too cute(icle) too.

I assume this lady uses a bidet.

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »

graham clarkson still in?

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »

I assume this lady uses a bidet.

................or the method related to in your signature??

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »

Any idea what level/no. of players they are playing to tonite?

geo

kazzen
Probation

Badger Fan

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2008, 11:27:31 PM »

Another one chasing info on Mr Clarkson if poss.

Thanks
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:24 PM »

Another one chasing info on Mr Clarkson if poss.

Thanks

I'm afraid I bring bad news to the hordes of fans following Mr Clarkson. Me and Jen encountered him in the area betwixt press room and poker floor, looking a tad dismayed.

He has had an up and down time of it. After a good start he lost some chips making a move with 7-7 on a K 8 x flop, only to run into an immovable pair of Aces.

The chirpy Graham was unperturbed by this however and swiftly spun his 7.5k  stack back up to a mighty 25k within one orbit (Thewy's yo-yo tag might be under threat if graham continues to play like that..)

The key hand for Graham occurred on 200 400 when a serial limper, Sjoerd Bos, whose play thus far had been donktastic questionable, called on the button. The small blind completed and Graham looked down to find a pair of Tens in the BB. "I made a weird raise at that point" he told us, "raising to 5k, as it was enough to set Bos in."

Bos however passed whilst Graham found the small blind re-raising allin...Feeling a little sick about this, Graham nonetheless felt like his opponent was weak enough to call, despite it being an additional 15k, and it proved a good call as he tabled K-Q to Graham's T-T. His coin flipping ability deserted him on this occasion however as an instant Q and a board full of non ten blanks ensued, meaning the monster 30k+ pot headed the wrong way.

Graham still had 2k back and doubled up with 9-9 versus K-Q shortly afterwards. It was a bittersweet moment, with echoes of the KQ TT flip, as the board came with 2 . He won the flip this time though and now back up to 4-5k or so, he had a shot at getting back into it. He raised UTG with A-T and was called, seeing an A-8-4 flop. His opponent bet 1k and Graham now re-raised an additional 2k, leaving 1k back...... "I felt he was weak so I did my best to get him to call"....

His plan worked to perfection as his opponent called, and on the 8 turn Graham and his opponent got his last 1k in, only to find he had suffered a cruel beat with his opponent holding K-8.

A shame that his EPT adventure is over, Graham nonetheless seemed to have enjoyed his time and felt that he played well. Jen has a picture of the perennially smiling Graham to post up shortly.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2008, 12:01:46 AM »

Appreciated JC

UL Graham

Geo

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2008, 12:03:04 AM »

Yes - here he was, still cheerful in defeat, but cursing Serial Limper (mildly) and big buy-in tournaments in general.  "I'd rather play eight €1k events..." Well, stop qualifying for them online then!

Pictured (a) reliving the sad moments of defeat

(b) Remembering he's a naturally cheerful guy with a whole exciting week in Dortmund to look forward to

kazzen
Probation

Badger Fan

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2008, 12:05:47 AM »

Ah well......Thanks for all your hard work gleaning info, just had a text too, saying he felt he played well.  Ever the optimist!  Oh and he claimed he was going to wear a suit for a change - that boy can't be trusted to pack for himself.

At least the cat and I can get some sleep now!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2008, 12:12:32 AM »

Some chip counts, gathered during the last break of the day.

Yngve Anderberg -- 20,500
Andreas Sarling -- 36,550
Marek Kolk -- 17,500
Jose Luis Valero -- 54,800
Christopher Rossiter -- 46,400
Giorgio Salemi -- 25,100
Ulrica Skonnemark -- 3,700
Daniele Mazzia -- 15,600
Daniel Ruiter -- 31,275
Andrea Manganelli -- 13,500
Mazhar Nawab -- 52,400
Alberto Spigolon -- 4,150
Kenneth Ljungars -- 13,800
Steve Jelinek -- 23,000
Kasper Nielsen -- 8,800
Ville Mattila -- 36,000
Vladimir Poleshchuk -- 20,000
Vito Branciforte -- 39,200
Jens Vortmann -- 24,500
Henrik Brockmann -- 45,000
Diego Perez Marco -- 27,000
Cyrille Chabot -- 44,000
Macrel Baran -- 23,000
Ahmed Koc -- 22,300
Thomas Ermer -- 14,200
Reijo Antilla -- 43,000

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

Yes - here he was, still cheerful in defeat, but cursing Serial Limper (mildly) and big buy-in tournaments in general.  "I'd rather play eight €1k events..." Well, stop qualifying for them online then!

Pictured (a) reliving the sad moments of defeat

(b) Remembering he's a naturally cheerful guy with a whole exciting week in Dortmund to look forward to

Graham was disappointed to be knocked out in the first day, not just because it signalled the end to his efforts to become an EPT champ but also as the satellite package he had won to get here, meant he would be stuck in Dortmund, which is a fairly quiet industrial town, for the next few days.

Jen, ever the unwitting comedian, tried to console him...

Graham "Yeh I'm stuck here for the next few days, not sure what I'll do...."

Jen : "Don't do all your money on roulette. Have a walk round the forest!"

[This creepy forest...

...]

Hmmmm, so his choices(according to Jen) are...gamble a shed load of money OR get savaged by the wild bears/ evil blair witch lookalikes within the forest

I doubt the Samaritans will be asking for a copy of Jen's CV anytime soon Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: