blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1a - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1a - Interactive  (Read 61982 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »

This looks like it could be an interesting table right from the start...

Vincent Gosselink 1701
Sorel Mizzi 1702
Dario Minieri 1703
Stefan Hachmeister 1704
Kasper Nielsen 1705
Katja Thater 1706
Alex Leviev 1707
Claudio Rinaldi 1708
Hans Eskilsson 1709

Check out the Mizzi/Minieri neighbourhood of Raise and Raisier... now that most (but not all) 198 players are seated I could get some pictures while they are still looking intense and grumpy from the queueing process, which I am sure they'll all appreciate.

Anyone fancy a little minieri vs mizzi last longer bet? I take the lil Italian to bust first.

Dario Minieri raising a little, a lot (if that makes any sense).  Midway through level one, a standard hand would start:  Minieri raise to 150.  Five callers.  Minieri bet out 575... and that's where the differences in hands would start to emerge, as people took exciting advantage of their full range of options (call, raise and fold).

Juanzo

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »

Hello,
Could you please update on Pakito and Juan Maceiras. They are in table 14, seats 7 and 8.
You know Pakito from several EPT, GUKPT. Else i can upload a picture.
Thanks a lot.
Juan.

Sure.  How handy that they were drawn right next to each other, eh...
Hi Jen,
I ask for it so you don't have to be wandering around.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »

Elsewhere, Monte Carlo Finalist Steve Jelinek (here pictured in stark profile - intentional, of course) has been "bluffed off a pot, after flopping quad Aces in an unraised pot."  He is not talking about the same pot, here.

"I only won 600," he lamented, over the ghosts of all those Aces... his opponent in that hand (probably) piped up there to say, "You are greedy!  You want all my money!"  He didn't confirm or deny this.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »

Also present as part of the entertainment were "Snake Woman" and "Fire Woman", sounding intriguingly like potential Heroes characters. Sadly, I missed out on these whilst trying to restrain "Chocolate Fountain Jen", less likely to make it into the heroes show, but definitely more focused than those two on trying to launch herself headfirst into the decadent chocolate fountain Pokerstars had provided.

Ive seen some simialr named girls performing before, mainly in seedy bars in Spain so I can guess what snake woman did but what did fire woman do and did you ever see her sitting down again?

Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:30:37 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »

Do they still have all the free food and free booze like last year?

They put sausage in everything.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »

Do they still have all the free food and free booze like last year?

They put sausage in everything.

in the Diet Coke?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »

Hello,
Could you please update on Pakito and Juan Maceiras. They are in table 14, seats 7 and 8.
Thanks a lot.
Juan.

Hi Jen,

And I thank you for it.  Here they are - gent on the left (on list as Francisco Lopez) on 10,600, and gent on the right (Juan Lapido) a pretty healthy 15,600...

DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

Voila! The full player list as it stands at the moment. Many thanks to Pokerstars for providing this info...

Jacques Kieft 505

Ahmed Koc  503
Christopher Hancock 506
Waldemar Winke 508

Sigh......the challenge we had to publicise APAT qualifier Kinboshi's exit to Simon Mycock at last year's Copenhagen EPT.....  "Phillips knocked out by Mycock" was one headline, but it went on for weeks.....  

And now Irish qualifier Jacques Kieft ends up with the lot above?!?!  

ps - best of luck to Jacques.  Pic if you get a chance guys.  Ta.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 04:56:43 PM »

Thanks for the Spijker photos! I look forward to hearing of his amusing outdraws.

Meanwhile my money's on Laurent Lucker.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »

Other chip counts as the first break draws near...

Johan Storakers -- 2,975
Ilari Sahamies -- 2,300
Graham Clarkson -- 9,775  ("I've gone back to the start.")
Mats Iremark -- 16,000
Julian Thew -- 14,000
Thomas Fougeron -- 7,500
Sorel Mizzi -- 10,350
Dario Minieri -- 6,325
Ramzi Jelassi -- 10,600
Katja Thater -- 15,000

Also the trio of Juhas Jakko (11,000) and Helppi (19,000) and Gino Alacqua (3,775) pictured here:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:27 PM »

Claudio Rinaldi takes a chunk of chips from Dario Minieri, in a hand which I saw from the turn, when blue (1k chips) started getting waved around...
The board:  three clubs two hearts .  Rinaldi bet out 600, and faced a raise to 2,000.  He called.
River:   Now Rinaldi check-called the multicoloured 3,475 bet from Minieri - and his was good.  I saw the and something else small and flushdrawy in Dario's hand which was shown down and then promptly mucked. 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »

Good grief, what a Player List. Thanks from all of us at home for taking the time to type up that lot, it must have taken an age, especially with those German names in such abundance. Are they real names, or just anagrams?

Regular Updates please on....

Tobias Reinkemeier

Andre Schutzenhofer

Gareth Teatum. (Is that Red-Dog in disguise?)

Peyman Mohammeadzedeh

I thank you.

None of the above have deviated too far from their initial starting stack.

Here is the intriguingly named Peyman Mohammadzadeh. He saw me creeping up with my camera and immediately struck what he deemed to be a "man of steel" pose.

He is currently on 9,000 or so...

Gareth Teatum looks like he may have increased his starting stack marginally.

He was involved in a hand as I watched his table. His diminuative table partner( in physical size only I'm sure) Sebastian Zink, who is becoming a regular at the EPTs now, made a smallish raise from the small blind. Gareth called from the big blind.

The flop came .

Sebastian checked, and Gareth now bet out 3-400. Sebastian called.

The turn was the .

Check, check.

The river was the and again both players checked.

Gareth turned over for 2nd pair, whilst a releived Zink tabled to take down the pot.

Here he is raking the pot in off Gareth, with perhaps just s hint of smugness that his underpair to the board was good...

Andre Shutzenhofer, is aiming to take down the best Paul Parker dress-a-like competition. Here is is looking flamboyent, but he'll need to add some more colour to his waistcoats if he is to emulate the GUKPT's snappiest dresser...

Again he is not far from his initial starting stack of 10k here.

I have included the dealer in the shot, so you can marvel at the sartorial elegance of the diligent men and women who are distributing the cards today...

Finally...

Tobias Reinkemeier. If any of his family see this photo, DON'T PANIC! Tobias is fine, perfectly healthy and definitely not in the middle stages of a stroke. (Blame my amateurish photographic skills for any suggestion otherwise!)

He doesn't look to have got toooo invovled yet and although he kept his chips well covered, I would say he was still in the area of 8-10k....

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

He's listening to Coldplay.

Juanzo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2008, 05:12:13 PM »

Hello,
Thanks a lot.
Juan.

Hi Jen,

And I thank you for it.  Here they are - gent on the left (on list as Francisco Lopez) on 10,600, and gent on the right (Juan Lapido) a pretty healthy 15,600...

Hi Jen,
The man on the left is not Pakito, he has called me busted. The youg boy is Juan Maceiras.
Thanks.
Juan.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »

After the break (we're informed that dinner will be in two sittings, so there should be no breaks in play for a while now), and a couple of pictures:

Julian Thew performing one of his patient starts to deepstack events.  Caught us spying on him from the balcony rail and did that thing where you make binoculars out of your hands.  Which was unsettling, to say the least.  Probably for his opponents too.

Waiting for Aces?  No, sometimes only the Hand of God will do...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: