blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1a - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Dortmund: Day 1a - Interactive  (Read 61945 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2008, 12:23:34 AM »

Maz Nawab's stack has shot up last level courtesy of Steve Jelinek, who's still on a respectable 23k but had been on a lot more, and had something of the steam about him going into the most recent (and timely) break...

Maz had made a raise to 1,200 preflop, called by the small blind and Steve, in the big blind, with .

Flop: two hearts  Check to Maz, who bet 3k, seeing off the guy in the middle.  Steve raised another 5k, and then found Maz moving all in for a further 16k on top.  This was quite a chunky bet, and Steve went for it, surprised to find in Nawab's hand, and displeased to find said hand held up and gave him a stack challenging the leaders'.  "I can't believe he did that with Nines.  On a Ten high flop.  I am favourite against an overpair..." One gets the feeling he wasn't happy with how that hand went at all.  But he's still in it, unlike 117 other guys.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »

In the closing minutes of the day's play, a 100k pot changes hands, eliminating one player and giving Cyrille Chabot around a 110k stack.

The hands involved might be slightly surprising...a small blind AQ vs. a big blind KQ.  A Queen high flop saw a 10k bet out from Chabot, and a flat call from his 45k-stacked opponent.  A blank turn, and Chabot check-raised his opponent all in, who then made the call for a further 25,000(!).  No miracle King and we've gone from a tournament with two levels (those on 40kish and those on 20kish) to a tournament with a definite far-out-in-front chip leader. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »

In the closing minutes of the day's play, a 100k pot changes hands, eliminating one player and giving Cyrille Chabot around a 110k stack.

The hands involved might be slightly surprising...a small blind AQ vs. a big blind KQ.  A Queen high flop saw a 10k bet out from Chabot, and a flat call from his 45k-stacked opponent.  A blank turn, and Chabot check-raised his opponent all in, who then made the call for a further 25,000(!).  No miracle King and we've gone from a tournament with two levels (those on 40kish and those on 20kish) to a tournament with a definite far-out-in-front chip leader. 

I'm just amazed that follks play like that in an €8k jobbie! Unbelievable.....

Anyway, thanks for a most entertaining Update, both of you. It cannot be easy, all those German scrabble-type names.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2008, 01:14:33 AM »

Peyman Mohammedzadeh, the interestingly named player who Tikay has taken a close interest in (amusingly!) has nurtured his stack quietly upwards until the point where he is now amongst the chip leaders with 45k or so. He was involved in a hand as I joined his table.

He had led out for 1500 on a turn, against a player who infuriatingly had piled his chips over his card, meaning I couldn't see who it was (although picture to follow).

Mateyboy raised the minimum to 3k, which Peyman, after much eye twitching beneath his opaque shades, decided to call.

A fell on the river and Peyman checked quickly only to see Mateyboy equally quickly slide five 1k chips over the line. More eye twitching from Peyman, and ultimately he passed...

Mateyboy showed he wasn't messing around by flipping A-A, whilst Peyman spun around to tell his friend about his great pass with K-Q (apparently...)

Peyman boasting to the rail...

Mateyboy (or should that be Gray-teyboy) sweeping up his chips happily...

Another player who has piqued the interest of some of our readers, Sebastian Zink, is OUT.

Eliminated at the hands of Andreas Sarling who made a good call with Q-4 on a board of Q-J-6 against the aggressive Sebastian, whose J-9 proved no good once a Q and 4 fell on the turn and river.

Here he is, drinking some consolatory Red Bull after losing all his chips...

Andreas looked to have roughly 20k after this pot.

Steve Jelinek looked to be down to roughly 15-16k 30 minutes before the end of play, on a bit of a downward spiral after his earlier meteoric rise to near the chip lead...

Mats Iremark looked well placed as I passed his table...with an impressive 45k or so...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2008, 01:24:06 AM »

We have reached the end of the day. We won't have full and accurate chip counts until 11am tomorrow but we shall post these up as soon as we have them.

Some players' fortunes have been bolstered, whilst other players' dreams of EPT glory and bathing in asses milk lie ruined and in tatters. We've had tears, we've had shouts, we've had beats and we've had some cracking poker...

Before we retire to our hotel though and you guys head off to bed ready to join us tomorrow (you know you want to), please spare a thought for these guys.

Like the poker players there were many of them to start with, but now only a few brave survivors remain, battling against the odds to survive. They face a foe larger in size and strength who will stop at nothing to consume them. Salute these guys (imagine solemn military music playing in the background) for their bravery has no parallel. I give you....the gummi bears...

We'll be back tomorrow folks. Seeyou there Wink

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2008, 01:25:23 AM »

Yeah  

Back tomorrow as it all starts all over again, this time with added Dan Carter, Stu Rutter, Marcel Luske, Annette_15, Rolf Slotboom and many more...

dandoun25

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2008, 01:27:38 AM »

The cheek! My sis kicks me off her lappie and i return to see that youre blamin me! Lol well done on the reporting Jen.. Youve managed well havin to work with Rod!Hee hee..
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2008, 01:52:16 AM »

Just read through all the

image removed

Great stuff guys.

image removed
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:48:11 AM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
flashbadger
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:29 AM »

Help me - I am stuck in a creepy forest - i only wanted to play roulette as well.... bad advice all round well at least this forest has WIFI.  Night all.

Ps thanks for keeping everyone up to date on my yoyo day.  I played really well today and just running through a few hands on msn with mafews and he doesnt seem to disagree (and he took 15% of me!!) so chin up.

I will post a few hands and thoughts on my blog tomorrow.  Thanks again guys and it was a pleasure meeting you all.

f-badger.blogspot.com

Have a look at my blog!  I post alot more there than I do here!

F-badger.blogspot.com
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:05 AM »

Help me - I am stuck in a creepy forest - i only wanted to play roulette as well.... bad advice all round well at least this forest has WIFI.  Night all.

Ps thanks for keeping everyone up to date on my yoyo day.  I played really well today and just running through a few hands on msn with mafews and he doesnt seem to disagree (and he took 15% of me!!) so chin up.

I will post a few hands and thoughts on my blog tomorrow.  Thanks again guys and it was a pleasure meeting you all.

f-badger.blogspot.com

Well done today Mr Badger Sir, & I'm glad you enjoyed the Update. Do tell your friends, please.

Good Luck in Day Two.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:22 PM »

Here are the final chip counts for day 1a. Many thanks to Madeleine Harper and Pokerstars.com for providing this info...

Chabot Cyrille   France      111100
Claudio Rinaldi   Switzerland      71300
Peyman Mohammadzadeh   Germany      60900
Ville Mattila   Finland      57300
Andreas Sarling   Finland      56500
Christopher Rossiter   UK   PokerStars qualifier   49200
Stefan Wrenger         48600
Mats Erik Iremark   Sweden      47700
Marcel Cesarz   Germany   PokerStars qualifier   47600
Diego Perez Marco   Spain      47400
Andrea Manganelli   Italy      44600
Edwin Tournier   Netherlands   PokerStars qualifier   43000
Jose Luis Valero   Spain      42800
Henrik Brockmann   Germany      42400
Dan Walley   UK      41400
Mazhar Nawab   UK   PokerStars qualifier   40800
Riccardo Mazzitelli   Italy      40700
Carter Gill   US      39400
Marek Kolk   Estonia      38900
Reijo Anttila   Finland   PokerStars qualifier   36700
Phillip Marmorstein   Germany      35500
Richard Fohrenbach   US      34000
Marcel Baran   Germany      33800
Simone Gallitti   Italy   PokerStars qualifier   33800
Thibaut Durand   France      33500
Daniel Ruiter   Netherlands      33400
Tobias Reinkemeier   Germany      31400
Sevinc Neumann   Germany      28800
Sjoerd Bos   Netherlands      28600
Marius Pospiech   Germany      28300
Alexandar Milanov   Russia      28200
Korosh Mollaie   Germany      28200
Giorgio Salemi   Italy      27500
Michael McDonald   Canada      27200
Daruisz Paszkiewicz   Poland   PokerStars qualifier   25100
Mazlum Acar   Turkey      24625
Jordane Beraldin   France      24000
Steve Jelinek   UK   PokerStars qualifier   23800
Redmond Lee   UK      23400
Ralf Werner   Germany      22900
Mats Rahm   Sweden      20400
Kees Alblas   Netherlands      19500
Jens Vörtmann   Germany      19500
Katja Thater   Germany   Team PokerStars Pro   19000
Thomas Petersen   Sweden   PokerStars qualifier   17500
Yngne Anderberg   Sweden      17300
Scott McLeod   US   PokerStars qualifier   16900
Ramzi Jelassi   Sweden      16500
Malte Strothmann   Germany   PokerStars qualifier   16500
Daniele Mazzia   Italy      16400
Vito Branciforte   Italy      16200
Matthias Guetermann   Germany   PokerStars qualifier   14500
Jarkko Paasisalo   Finland   PokerStars qualifier   14200
Leroy Soesman   Netherlands      14200
Christopher Hancock   US   PokerStars qualifier   14000
Ahmed Koc   Germany      13300
Sebastian Till   Germany      12300
Sandro Simon   Germany      12200
Thomas Ermer   Germany   PokerStars qualifier   12000
Kenneth Ljungars   Finland      11800
Cort Kibler-Melby   Germany      11100
Ronald Falk   US    PokerStars qualifier   10500
Vincent Gosselink   Netherlands      9700
Dominik Kulicki   Netherlands   PokerStars qualifier   9400
Vladimir Poleshchuk   Russia      9100
Lukasz Wasek   Poland      7800
Kasper Nielsen   Denmark   PokerStars qualifier   7400
Johannes Strassmann   Germany      6100
Tommy Hansen   Denmark      5850
Dustin Mele   US   PokerStars Passport winner   4300

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: