blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:54:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Event - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Event - At A Glance  (Read 7989 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2008, 06:49:54 PM »

and welcome to the monthly DTD event, the second one, but the first £300-er. Also, it's my first at seeing what an exquisite place DTD is. Lots of people are here already, and there's already 87 runners confirmed, a player list will hopefully turn up after we start. The way this is working out the Dortmund EPT event should be finishing just as we are starting...hopefully.

If there's anyone you'd like us to particularly follow, let us know over on the interactive thread: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30973.0

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

Chilli takes an early pot from Ben Vinson after betting 400 on the river of a board. Elsewhere Compo has bluffed off 2/3's of his stack including a 3k bet on the river of a board. His opponent James Egarrr, (sounds like a pirate), making a good call with as Compo could only say, "I'm playing the board mate," as he flipped over the . Those people who picked him ahead of Tikay should be worried at the moment.

Chip Colours:

Yellow -- 25
Black -- 100
Red -- 500
Green -- 1000

Kev meanwhile has gone on a norkage hunt, the troubles with the camera disappeared after it was revealed he needed to to turn the 'on' switch.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »

A multi-way pot between Compo, UpTheMariners, Jim Moult, and James 'the Pirate' Egarrr.

Two Clubs

Compo and UTM check, Jim bets 300, Egarrrr calls, as does Compo. UTM passes.

A cautious check by all.

Again all check, Egarrrrr shows which is good.

Danielle Allen bets 2,500 on the river of a board.

She gets a call from Kevin Lund who calls with . Allen's backdoor nutflush scoops.

Ironside has busted someone holding a set of 8's against 2-3 on a T-8-5-2 board apparently.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:29:53 PM »

Mick McCool is OUT.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »

Ariston has knocked out I think Mario Andreou holding against Kings, all the money on a Q-J-7 flop but the former catching an 8 on the turn.

Pete Linton is feeling dirty, no not like that, he caught runner runner straight with his J-7 to win a decent pot against top pair. "Say it was against top set, it sounds worse then!"

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »

Ok, now that the EPT Dortmund has finished, I've commandeered the blonde clock for the DTD Comp.

12 places are being paid, with 1st looking to be just over £13.5k, having dropped the buy-in to £300 seems to have done the trick as the field has more than doubled from last month.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »

Claw has just lost a big chunk of her stack with Aces, the flop came out K-K-Q and she ran into Richard Berridge's Quad Kings. Fortunately she still has 5,700 which is more than enough at the moment.

Ariston is out, pushing with on a J-8-4 two spade flop but running into Bo Le Cong's J-8.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »

Ironside has 19,000 despite bluffing off 8,000 having re-raised a 600 bet to 1,800 before firing two 2,400 bullets at a Q-x-x-x board but passing when his opponent moved all-in on the turn.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »

Barry Carter aka' Dave Shoelace, was not liking his table move a short while ago expressing it couldn't get much harder than being stuck with Lawrence Gosney, Chris Bruce, Dave Colclough, Tracey Dell and Craig Owen around him. He's picked up a couple of decent pots on raggy flops and is moving nicely upwards.

Lord Michael of West Wernickestershire, just added to impressive wall of chips. Cold calling the 700 bet on a pot, before the turn went with a check check, on the river the Mickster threw out three of the chunky lime-green chips as a 3k bet. Bryan Anglim shrugged his head a little, as thought he'd caught the river. Curiousity proved the better of him and he dropped in the chips almost in the manner of a man throwing a coin into a well. No wish granted though, Wernick showing the 8-7 to take the pot.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:16:20 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »

Chipleader at the moment looks to be the leg-end himself, Mickey Wernick. He's got almost 45,000 by my guestimation.

Steve 'CardShark' Read is OUT. J-T vs A-T on an T-9-4 board.

Also gone is ChunkyMick, I missed the hand but I think he had A-Q on a Q-x-x board, but I think Chris Bruce must have had a set as he was the one who knocked him out.

Claw is OUT. She's sitting here, but eating something distinctly unhealthy, some sort of French Toast/Bacon mixture...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 10:45:13 PM »

Compo is walking on air after a hefty pot versus UTM.

Compo button raised, and Mariners re-raised from the small blind, which Compo called.

Flop:

three diamonds

Mariners led out, Compo called,

Two Diamonds

Check check.

Now Daniel leads out for 5k on the river, Compo waits for ages before calling with three clubs. Daniel mucks what's later revealed (after a requested to see the cards from one of the other players) as A-K. Compo is chuffed!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 10:59:28 PM »

Ironside has lost a load of chips after having his Kings cracked by K-J.

The flop of A-A-x was checked, Ironside called a 3k bet on the Q turn and then a 5k bet on the Queen river.

Table 25 is thanking Ironside, as they've (perhaps mistakenly) all been bought drinks by him!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »

Ironside has lost a load of chips after having his Kings cracked by K-J.

The flop of A-A-x was checked, Ironside called a 3k bet on the Q turn and then a 5k bet on the Queen river.

Table 25 is thanking Ironside, as they've (perhaps mistakenly) all been bought drinks by him!

how does he lose the hand?

Apologies, river was a 10.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 11:24:56 PM »

Tighty's rock image has been shattered

Matt Tyler, in the midst of handing me out a long abusive string of verbal diahorrea about me having a Korma whilst we went for a curry in Baden, raises to 600 from UTG, passed around to Tighty who makes it 2,600. Quintuple aces. Minimum. I think, Matt obviously agrees and passes his Ace King face up fairly quickly. Tighty flips over Ace King too! How can he re-raise with that filth??!? Then next hand Tighty open-raises and takes Matt's blind as well. I'm pretty sure he better be careful otherwise he'll get a nosebleed...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 11:38:13 PM »

Ironside is out, a load of players limped in the pot before the small blind raised to 2,000. Iron pushed for around 5,000 more as the limpers folded and the small blind said, "Yeah, I'll call..."

"Oh, I don't like that," said Iron, with worryage in his voice flipping over pocket Eights, whilst the small blind flipped over pocket Queens.

The board brought the best non-setting board he could see though, as it came out only for proverbial bricks on the turn and the river.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: