blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  MMR does NOT cause autism
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMR does NOT cause autism  (Read 24536 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »

http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/2011/01/why-does-it-matter-what-happens-to-andrew-wakefield/

They say it far better than I can.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2011, 08:30:22 AM »

The media (this time the Express) are at it again with their anti-vax bull:

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/222000/Child-flu-vaccine-contains-mercury

There have been NO proper studies showing the miniscule amounts of mercury cause any harm at all to children (or anyone), but we all know how dangerous influenza can be, especially to children under 5.

Very dangerous and misguided journalism.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »

http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/2011/01/secrets-of-the-mmr-scare-how-the-vaccine-crisis-was-meant-to-make-money/

Wakefield's fraud was a plan to make him tens of millions. The cost, the lives of children.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »

this is my favourite diary on blonde

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »

http://m.gizmodo.com/5752880/bill-gates-says-its-an-absolute-lie-to-link-vaccines-and-autism

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »

Full interview here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/02/03/gupta.gates.vaccines.world.health/

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »

this is my favourite diary on blonde

This. I just love Kin fighting the tabloids and other ignoramuses that still believe this MMR nonsense

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »

My daughter is having the triple MMR vaccine this morning - IMO any child who has not had the vaccine (in 1 lump or 3) should not be allowed into schools.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2013, 10:20:03 AM »

My daughter is having the triple MMR vaccine this morning - IMO any child who has not had the vaccine (in 1 lump or 3) should not be allowed into schools.

Think its impossible to have it seperately nowadays, due to no mumps vaccine.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2015, 03:27:43 AM »

What would you do?

Regardless of how many links are posted I DO believe the MMR had an effect on my daughter as I have previously posted and I really dont want to start up that old argument again Dan Smiley x

My daughter is now 18yrs old. She went to an excellent school for autistic children and did really well, I could not praise the school enough to do it justice. She then did a "step up" course at our local college to learn about different job choices and the following year she did a beauty course which did not work out well and she left mid year. I was at this point thinking wtf do we do now!

Thankfully the school she attended has connections with our local hospital and they run a scheme to help young autistic adults into work and I managed to get her onto this years list.

Here is the problem...working in a hospital you have to be up to date with all immunisations. They have picked up on the fact that she did not get her MMR 2nd booster and have now scheduled her for another 1st jab next month. I was told many years ago her first jab at 18mths covered her 92% and the booster was only 7% so was comfortable knowing she was mostly covered without risking more damage.

So what do I do?

This course is the best chance she has of getting a job and the chance of a "normal" life. She is obviously much older so maybe it will be okay but how do I live with myself if she reacts badly?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: