blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Julian Thew: "in the well"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Julian Thew: "in the well"  (Read 87908 times)
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »

Hi Julian, long time no speak . I hope you and your family are well. I am so very pleased  for you about your recent results. I have been wrapped up in stuff so not found the time to chat or congratulate you. May have time today if you dont mind me phoning you.Let me know . kindest regards  Slowmo.

hey simon,
that's very kind, ty.
i'm in kobenhavn, i mean copenhagen at the mo, but a catch up would be great
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »

ok mate.   good luck in Copenhagen. Will watch your progress with great interest.Thought it was strange that you were up and posting early, but figured the kids would have influenced this   My mistake for thinking you could possibly be in Nottingham now you are International Star, Poker God and Jetsetter. Please accept my humblest apologies for being so out of touch . LOL . Btw , its prob warmer where you are !!!!!
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »

If you remember I did have a reason for playing the £3 rebuy as I had a student I was teaching to play on the other table. I was hardly gonna put her in a big comp was I? No shame in the small comps anyway they can be great fun.

As a lead on from that- do you find you cant concentrate as much on the smaller competitions now you have tasted big wins. Do you still see a grand or 2 at dtd as worth winning or do you find you only really try to focus in the big events and treat the smaller comps like socials.

Oh i remember mate..all in good fun Smiley

If you remember I did have a reason for playing the £3 rebuy as I had a student I was teaching to play on the other table. I was hardly gonna put her in a big comp was I? No shame in the small comps anyway they can be great fun.

As a lead on from that- do you find you cant concentrate as much on the smaller competitions now you have tasted big wins. Do you still see a grand or 2 at dtd as worth winning or do you find you only really try to focus in the big events and treat the smaller comps like socials.

one wonders at the extent of 'her' coaching...
a grand or two still means alot & making any final table will always be special, so yeah i do take the local comps fairly seriously but my record in them off late is pretty crappy...no dtd final tables yet

rofl.. yeah I was wondering that at the time too Wink

Milkybarkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »

Yo Julian

You are at an important stage in a big tournament. Two tables of six players left and first prize is $1 million. You are in the BB and everyone folds to the SB. He raises it up and you call with QK suited. By chance when you glance over at him you see his hole cards are 82 off. The flop comes 297 and he now bets about 15% of his stack and you have him covered. What do you do? (you also know this guy from playing on the circuit and often have a few drinks at the bar with him)

ffs,
i don't hear from you for like 12 months & then you come up with this?
this sure sounds like a trick a trick question.....but you're telling me i can get my chips in first with overcards??
a clear push & 'suckout if called' situation.
xx
ps, u in copenhagen?

hehe i'm the big 30 in a few days so am off skiing so i couldn't make Copenhagen! Will see you at the Irish Open or an EPT soon no doubt. GL

bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2008, 09:47:39 PM »

Having played in a top buy in of 100 quid for a local tourney what would you say would be my strategy for a 500 quid tourney?

Im bricking it already......should i get a refund right away before i sit down..lol?

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »

I always have trouble with tipping and tipping different amounts depending on outcomes so i'd like to know how much you tip (if at all) in each of these circumstances, assume the standard of dealing is typical of a live event:
- You win a £1k tournament for £100k
- You win a £10 tournament for £1k
- You cash in a £1k tournament for £2k
- You don't cash in a £1k tournament
- You win a £2k pot at 5/10
- You win a £200 pot at 5/10
- You go an hour without winning a pot at 5/10
Any additional rationale would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2008, 08:21:53 AM »

Having played in a top buy in of 100 quid for a local tourney what would you say would be my strategy for a 500 quid tourney?

Im bricking it already......should i get a refund right away before i sit down..lol?

the 500 structure should allow you alot time & chips which means you won't be under as much pressure to accumalate chips early.
give yourself a level or 2 to settle in, enjoy the experience, play wih confidence & believe that you can make that final table.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2008, 10:30:15 PM »

Right all, 10 days since we started this so Julian's well is now closed for new questions (though I am sure if you ask nicely he might do a few more over time!)

New player along soon I hope (when he answers his email!)

Thanks very much to Julian, great informative answers and to all those who asked questions

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »

Right all, 10 days since we started this so Julian's well is now closed for new questions (though I am sure if you ask nicely he might do a few more over time!)

New player along soon I hope (when he answers his email!)

Thanks very much to Julian, great informative answers and to all those who asked questions

its probably easier to PM Ironside .
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »

I didn't ask any questions, but I thought it was a fantastic thread. A wonderful insight into the mind if one of the world's greatest poker players.

The older I get, the better I was.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2008, 11:22:12 PM »

I didn't ask any questions, but I thought it was a fantastic thread. A wonderful insight into the mind if one of the world's greatest people

FYP

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »

So you've had the reputation of the nicest man in poker. Thus far it's been completely justified.

However today you completely blew up on the dtd update thread and we saw a different thewy - what caused this?

Will you be a bad boy of poker from now on? I heard you, Andy Brashaw, Adebayo and Tony G were forming a crew. True?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »

So you've had the reputation of the nicest man in poker. Thus far it's been completely justified.

However today you completely blew up on the dtd update thread and we saw a different thewy - what caused this

LOL. Mate you are funny.

Regards

M

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:56 PM »

oioi he nicked my joke from the update thread. Im the funny one.

He just polices the net stealing peoples jokes

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »

What was I saying about timely bumped threads?

wp sir

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: