blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:57:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 37915 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »

That table Homer just put a pic up of now has, in a row, William Thorson, Andreas Hagen, Stephen Chidwick and Sorel Mizzi.  Like vultures on a branch, looking for dead money...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »

Mehdi Ouakhir, a pretty big early stack with 24,600 has been tangling with neighbour Mel Judah.  The most recent round went to an unusually talkative Mel, who seemed to have put the third raise in from the small blind, after Ouakhir made it 1,700 on the button.  They both had pretty decent stacks remaining, so it was a reasonable dwell and then a pass face up of from the button (there was a third guy involved but he got out of the way sharpish).
Mel Judah showed .  "I told you I'd show you - can't say more than that.  I was hoping you'd push..."  but he's going to have to wait to get the wily button's stack a while.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »

We think he also has a couple of 'ladies' with him. Though the ladies seem to have been pneumatically enhanced...

I don't believe you - I require some sort of photographic evidence.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 05:38:30 PM »

We think he also has a couple of 'ladies' with him. Though the ladies seem to have been pneumatically enhanced...

Honestly, it's not a pretty sight.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2008, 05:42:52 PM »

Double trouble for the Betsson duo Johnny Lodden and William Thorson. The former just lost a huge pot on a three clubs to whilst Thorson called off all but 250 of his chips only to be shown on a three diamonds board. He then managed to get his last chips in good with vs and even, gasp, smiled for the first time since 2003, but a Two Clubs board later and he was gone.

Andy Black is smarting having bet a the whole way only to be raised on the river and then was shown for a backdoor flush.

--------------------------------1 hour dinner break----------------------------------------

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »

As we launch gracefully into the dinner break, one hand kind of dragged through the last five minutes, in an intense sort of way...

It looks like Claus Uhrskov (the guy in black with glasses next to the green'n'yellow guy) had made it 1,600 to go preflop after some early interest from said green'n'yellow guy whom I think is Reza Dolatshahi, only to find Patrice Boudet, the guy in the white shirt/leather waistcoat combo in the foreground re-raising to 6,800.  This re-raise represented about half his stack.  Dwelllll from Dolatshahi.  Pass.  Dwelllllllllll from Uhrskov.  Pass.

Boudet shows , and wonders out loud which one of them passed Queens.  But no one cares any more because food has arrived!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2008, 06:46:10 PM »

Jen is very sad about the lack of interactivity from you guys. Please cheer her up.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »

Oh how sad to go on dinner break with just a couple of thousand to your name... but oh how nice to double up straight after it finishes and the cards are in the air and they come down in your hand which hold up against stome overcards... like for this man here (any ID?)

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »

Honestly, it's not a pretty sight.

Let us be the judge..
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »

Blind Vs Blind (small blind; the stripey Barton Fink-alike I am going to identify as Dawoud Ghena unless anyone says otherwise)...
There was a raise preflop, I think from Ghena, called by Robert Nowak (pictured bottom).
Flop:  two spades   Ghena bet out 1,125 (leaving himself around 3k behind) and was almost instantly raised all in.
"I have a pair," he muttered, "Flush draw?" he requested - all the while performing that chip trick which isn't really a trick it's where you just turn over the bottom chip really really fast holding the whole short stack in your hand.  You'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen it/done it.  Just when I was starting to get dizzy watching this, he passed, and went straight back to reading his book.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

Leaderwatch continues:

Not to be confused with the guy pictured in my last post, this one wearing the Unibet Uniform has a tidy stack - c.35k which doesn't sound very leader-y but I couldn't find any bigger stacks in the part of the room I was just scouring.  More on this, in larger font, when I've found a definitive leader...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »

There's a load of chips in the middle, mostly Hecan El Sayed's. Filip Moreira passes and it's left to Guillame Darcourt who asks how much it is, and gets told it's 19,000 or so. He thinks for a moment before suddenly busting out, "Call, call!" Hecan triumphantly shows his and then the Frenchman shows his in a sort of bizarre slowrolly sort of way, (although I don't think he intended that).

Board:

Two Clubs ....the table takes a collective breath in unison......"Yes!!!" shouts Hecan....

You can probably which one is which in this photo.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »

Erik Van Der Berg doubles his microstack (1.2k) with the uberdomination holding K-K vs K-7. Elsewhere Claus Ulkhov is OUT due to gettikng all-in on an 8-high flop with Tens and then finding Michael Schulze had Jacks.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »

Recent Eliminations:

Rolf Slotboom - even the power of banana couldn't save him from Level Five

Thor Hansen - despite looking like someone who's about to offer you the red or blue pill to see the Matrix for what it is

Angelo Besnainou - 'Le sucre' in hitherto unimaginable shirt; in trance

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »

Chip counts for all hoodie wearers please...

If not possible, chip counts for all scandinavian players with blonde hair will suffice.

Oh and if Martin and Owen from PL are there, tell them Mr McCucumber sends his regards.

Thanks guys, cool update.

Keep up the good work! (watch out for secret gummi attacks)

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: