blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:10:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Snooker World Championship
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Snooker World Championship  (Read 17635 times)
Jedwick

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2008, 04:43:29 PM »

i think Hendry will have enough to beat Ding, if he can win the first few frames Ding could collapse,
I'd like to see O Sullivan go out purely from a betting point of view. He's probs my fave player but money always comes first for me!

Anyone know what the plural of Moose is???
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »

Let's spare a thought for Paul Hunter, who really should have been playing in this and many more world championships.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2008, 03:13:00 AM »

Let's spare a thought for Paul Hunter, who really should have been playing in this and many more world championships.

a true gent on and off the table R.I.P

Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »

Ronnie is certainly up against it, but i fully expect him to pull himself together and come out win 10-6 or 10-7 today.  Funnily enough through some trading before the tournament started i actually stand to win just over £500 if Liu Chuang wins the tournament!

A couple of value 2nd round bets (imo) that i will be having.

Ryan Day to beat John Higgins, both outright and in the handicap (+3.5 frames).  Higgins has been very hit and miss this season, whilst Day is more than capable on his day of beating anyone - odds of 2.78 outright and 1.67 (h/cap) seem too good to miss.
The other bet i fancy is Joe Swail to beat Wenbo, Wenbo had a good win against Doherty, but the Irishman was in awful form and wouldnt have beaten anyone this week playing like that.  Swail though had a 10-4 win against Stephen Lee, and loves the Crucible and generally does well here - he is available at 2.32 at the moment, but am hoping for better odds as the match doesnt start until Sunday.

I have made my money on Ding thanks to his first round win and have him outright, so will be leaving his match against Hendry alone.
Jedwick

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »

I had a cheeky 4quid on wenbo at the start of the tourney at 200s, I have to disagree, i think he will beat swail and hopefully i'll be albe to trade at around 20s to make a small profit Smiley

Anyone know what the plural of Moose is???
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »

watching Ding Junhui..playing poorly..simply does not have the safety yet to challenge these guys.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2008, 01:34:23 AM »

Hendry FTW!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2008, 01:38:05 AM »

I am doing my conkers, got on the wrong end of a spread bet that looks like costing 4 figs already and Im tempted to just bite the bullet and accept the loss. Im hoping Higgins can win thru 2morow against Day and that Mcguire can beat Robbo, after that getting anywhere near level would be a cracking result.  Angry

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
rossfourfive

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »

Higgins is out. That finishes off most of my bets.

Hendry E/W is my last hope. Come ooooooon
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »

His attitude seemed poor in this match don't you think Ross? I know the table was running a little funny but it was the same for both players. Im running so bad here that I might even resort to watching the Man Utd v Chelsea omgomg biggestgameeverblahblahblah instead.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
rossfourfive

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »

His attitude seemed poor in this match don't you think Ross? I know the table was running a little funny but it was the same for both players. Im running so bad here that I might even resort to watching the Man Utd v Chelsea omgomg biggestgameeverblahblahblah instead.

I didn't see much of it to be honest but reading the report on bbc news it certainly looks he was out of sorts. Did you see him punching the table? Last year when he won the World he was on fire but he hasn't really shown the same form this season. Fingers crossed Hendry is on for a return to the top!!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

I didn't see much of it to be honest but reading the report on bbc news it certainly looks he was out of sorts. Did you see him punching the table? Last year when he won the World he was on fire but he hasn't really shown the same form this season. Fingers crossed Hendry is on for a return to the top!!

He threw trhe white off the table after one frame last night, more by mistake really but the frustration seemed to get the better of him. A few have complained about that table, the run is uneven and the pockets seem very tight but it didnt stop the other guy playing well so no excuses really. The draw has opened up a bit for Hendry now, I think he has Day in the next round so you got a nice chance there mate.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »

I'm really looking forward to tonight's first session of the Ronnie O. v Mark Williams match.

I've not played on this match per se, but if Williams shows the kind of form that he promised in his first match then this could be a classic. He's extremely strong mentally, and well capable of tilting up "The Rocket" imo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

And it's Ronnie to break in the first game, which he does left-handed !

Maybe as Williams is a leftie he'll play the whole match that way  Roll Eyes

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »

Williams FTW!

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: