blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:50:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272587 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy  (Read 73858 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »

I'd definately reccommend a good mix of weights and cardio. I used to just do cardio and found it harder to keep a stable weight when I got bored of running. I'm now trying to include weights and feel so much better - not only do you burn more calories and become trimmer it helps keep motivation during the bored periods because you can mix it up.

Good luck, but don't try and make it more difficult than it is. I'd stick to 2000 to 2500 calories a day on a balanced diet and look to burn off 700 - 1000 in cardio a day, three or four days a week, with a couple of weight sessions on top.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »

I'd definately reccommend a good mix of weights and cardio. I used to just do cardio and found it harder to keep a stable weight when I got bored of running. I'm now trying to include weights and feel so much better - not only do you burn more calories and become trimmer it helps keep motivation during the bored periods because you can mix it up.

Good luck, but don't try and make it more difficult than it is. I'd stick to 2000 to 2500 calories a day on a balanced diet and look to burn off 700 - 1000 in cardio a day, three or four days a week, with a couple of weight sessions on top.

Problem with this is that muscle weighs more than fat, so in terms of getting the body weight down a weight programme won't really help much unless you train purley for speed and power and try not to build up muscle mass.

Cardio work is great for burning fat, loosing weight and for overall fitness but shouldn't just involve running, infact running for someone who is overweight is a bad idea, putting extra stress on muscles and joints needlesly when there are loads of decent cardio exercises that don't involve running.

For fat burning I'd suggest aerobics and swimming.

If a weight training programme is included it should be high weights, low reps, but to get to a decent level take a lot of prep work.  For someone beginning a weight programmed should always try and get a single maximum lift in and then revert back to 70% building up between 2.5% - 7.5% a week and getting in say 5 reps for 5 sets.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:11 PM »

Problem with this is that muscle weighs more than fat, so in terms of getting the body weight down a weight programme won't really help much unless you train purley for speed and power and try not to build up muscle mass.

pretty sure that when 99.99999999% of people say they wanna lose weight they really mean they wanna lose fat
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 10:18:40 PM »

pretty sure that when 99.99999999% of people say they wanna lose weight they really mean they wanna lose fat

Yeah, thats what I took the thread to be.

Bandit - My training is very fixed on the long term goal of a marathon, I can do some bike and cross training but at the end of the day I'll be running so thats what I need to be doing, which can get boring no matter what sessions you follow! But sound advice in general I think.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 12:29:05 AM »

Best of luck shedding those pounds.

Don't do it because you have submitted to society, do it for yourself, to feel better. Far greater chance of success that way imo, losing weight is a mind game and you need to nail your motivation.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »

Best of luck shedding those pounds.

Don't do it because you have submitted to society, do it for yourself, to feel better. Far greater chance of success that way imo, losing weight is a mind game and you need to nail your motivation.

it worked for me!!!!!!!! Grin

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »

Good luck Snat, it's a lot easier if you can work regular gym trips into your lifestyle. I go four or five times a week, mid-morning, just so I can eat and drink what I like.
I went from 120K to 98K a few years ago and now maintain things at 100-105k. If I get close to the upper limit, it's time to cut back.
Diets are not an option for me so I try to burn it off instead. Much easier that way if you've got the time to do it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2008, 10:56:13 PM »

best of luck to you Snat

was a pleasure meeting you this weekend!

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 09:06:11 AM »

Okay so Saturday morning I set off for the induction into the world of Lighter Life. There are some things I already know.
I know it is going to be a group session love in thing
I know it is going to last an hour
I know I am dreading it.....
So driving the snatmobile I turn up the volume and just let the Undertones "My perfect cousin" just wash over me.
There were four of us in the group and that is all I will say about the other members.
Our counsellor is called Angelina (Name change to protect the innocent). Out come the questionnaires. The health one was a belter. I mean why don't they ask questions that you can say yes too....such as

Do you suffer from flatulence?
When was the last time you had a headache?
Do you bite your nails?
Can you ride a bike?

Next comes the weigh in.....oh my god.....lady these scales are busted. I weigh....wait for it......can I really bring myself to say this......22 stone. 22!!!!!! How the hell do my legs do it.  I mean keep all that weight in some sort of upright position. This is a miracle. Then she measures how tall I am. Then works out my bmi. Angelina tells me I am morbid obese.......listen girl I am not morbid bloody anything.

Definition from Chambers online dictionary
morbid adj 1 displaying an unhealthy interest in unpleasant things, especially death. 2 medicine relating to, or indicating the presence of, disease.

So even my obesity is diseased then. The very term does not make sense. I much prefer the diagnoses that are long and people do not understand. Things such as Pseudovariola make you sound like a sick university student.....but morbid obese. Move on Phil move on.

and so I will very soon

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 09:48:18 AM »

Morbid is not a word I'd associate with you at all.

Those shoes though...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

So driving the snatmobile I turn up the volume and just let the Undertones "My perfect cousin" just wash over me.

listen girl I am not morbid bloody anything.

Phil. That piece is not just excruciatingly funny, it's also scintillatingly well written. (I've been waiting to use those superlatives for ages, but I only have tikay to work with)

More please.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

Phil, I hope you don't lose any weight from your feet and go down a shoe size,

or you'll end up with 400 pairs of shoes that don't fit.

Good luck with this as long as it makes you feel better, but I kind of like you the way you are xx

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »

Some may suggest that a change in his footwear collection is long overdue 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »

Good luck with this as long as it makes you feel better, but I kind of like you the way you are xx

Snatty relaxing at the bash:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

Strange you should choose that pic kin, Snatty always reminds me of the hedonism bot from Futurama.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: