blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy  (Read 73756 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:56 PM »

No fancy shmancy words from me Phil, just a simple, heart-felt "Thank you" for those wonderful bar-mitzva stories.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2008, 02:38:41 PM »

On our sideboard, there are many awards for various achievements.  Rachel has trophies for Tae Qwondo.  Daddy has trophies for the dark art of poker.  Even I have trophies for rugby and athletics.   But one person is missing from our trophy cabinet.  Mummy, you are the rock on which the rest of us can go out and achieve what we do and I have for you here your very own trophy which I would like to tell you comes from all three of us with a huge thank you.   But I can only give it to you if you stop crying. 

She was not the only one crying at that most wonderful choice of words by Adam. The Cooklin ability to use the right words, at the right time, will continue for at least another generation.

You must be incredibly proud. You are incredibly lucky, & you know it. That's the neat bit.

Thank you for a wonderful tale Phil. Have enjoyed every single Post of this "Barmitzvah" story.

Note to self - don't do a catch up on Snatty's posts at work - laughing out loud you can get away with, a tear in the eye is hard to explain. That paragraph TK highlighted is beautiful. You're a lucky man Phil.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 16, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »

Well as it happens the senior managers were in benevolent mood and the three and a half hour budget and strategy meeting went really quite well.
The Road to Wellville did not. So many top names not least Alan Parker and Anthony Hopkins, one would have expected better anyway.....nuff said. So with some trepidation I decided to go the Dingdell clinic for mildly tortured but adventurous minds. Now at this point I would like to say that we are going to skip a bit, well a lot really. What I can tell you is that it felt remarkably cleansing and I have booked in for another session. The whole process was calming and hats off to you Tracey you are damn good at what you do. I would say that the drive home was a touch troubling but Toddington hove into sight just in time.
Now i would like to take the time to thank so many people for posting, pming and just taking an interest in the thread. It has supported far more than I let on. Naturally as has been observed I am tremendously proud of my family but also very wary that I know what pride comes before.
Well the euphoria is over but now we are going to everybody elses Bar Mitzvah and in January we will be going to Spain and Israel (Rachies first ever trip) for two special events. The good news has just kept on coming. We got a letter from the school saying Adam had been moved into top stream for religious studies. He is leading Musaf at school in January and the rugby team are currently league leaders. He seems to spend every day laughing and smiling it is as good as it gets as a parent except right at this moment he is singing Mama Mia.....and well out of tune as well.
I am a little concerned about Rachel she is not stretched at school and I worry that she will not go up the gears when she gets to senior school. Still she has a great right hook and stands a full 5 inches taller than her classmates which will make her a sure thing for the netball team. Her football skills have also improved and her front up tackling is reminiscent of the great Chopper Harris.
The Mrs. and I had a humdinger of a row on Sunday. Partially my fault. Well mostly my fault. Well it was all my fault according to Anne Marie. We are both pretty feisty people and when we go at it, the kids get well out of the way. Our relationship needs the occasional thunderstorm to clear the air. I hope the kids do not get too affected by it.
As we enter the festive period I find myself ready for a break. To spend a morning or two having a lie in, to go for a walk around the wood, watch some rugby, play some poker and quite possibly eat some toast. In January I intend to get to my target weight. I will probably go and get some counselling as well as I need to be able to control the triggers that make me abuse myself with white carbohydrates. The problem with my form of abuse is that it is easily accessible, legal, cheap and just like alcohol is an absolute killer.

The story will run and run and I may have to go round many times before I am truly happy but the best journeys are ones that are taken slowly. We have covered some ground on this thread and I have enjoyed every single moment, but just like coming to the end of a good bottle of red wine  (might I recommend the Crozes Hermitage) it is time to toddle of to bed to go to sleep. So here it is. The final post of the diary. I could not have imagined any other place where I would have had felt comfortable writing in the way I have. The members of this community are very special.............it is easy to forget sometimes let this stand as a permanent reminder.

THE END

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 16, 2008, 09:38:56 PM »

This is all. A big

THANK YOU

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 16, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »

entertained,enriched,enthralled 

THANK YOU 
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 16, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »

We look forward to part 2 when the time comes for Rachel's Batmitzvah..................thanks for a fantastic 6 months of reading.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: December 16, 2008, 10:09:15 PM »

THANK YOU 

Thanks Phil

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:51 PM »

Ta muchly. 

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 16, 2008, 10:24:21 PM »

It's all wrong - like when Elvis died. Ty Phil for a great read. xx
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 16, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

THANK YOU 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 16, 2008, 10:41:20 PM »

+1

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 16, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »

ty sweetheart xx

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 16, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »

Elvis is dead ??

TY Phil, a funny, sad, educating, enthralling, emotional journey ... they don't come much better than this thread.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 17, 2008, 12:07:02 AM »

Great read Phil.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: December 17, 2008, 06:32:31 AM »

Thank you doesn't accurately convey my feelings now that your diary has ended snat, so I'm going to say what I feel...

Bugger!

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: