blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  what I did this weekend, a story
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what I did this weekend, a story  (Read 61798 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 02:14:53 PM »

So off we went on our tour of Nottingham, Duke once again hanging out of the window abusing passers-by and everyone else giggling away. As we started to go the other way down Maid Marion Way the 2nd taxi from the hotel pulled alongside and, assuming we were lost, shouted across at Lisa to tell her where Chambers was. ‘They just want me to drive around’ she replied leaving taximan2 looking very confused. This is him taken from our speeding vehicle.

Click to see full-size image.

A rather odd one-way system meant it took us longer than expected to loop round the city and a cry of ‘she’s gone down there’ linked to Lisa pointing down an ally told us we’d missed the photo opportunity, the electric bike had been just too quick for us, the hunt was over, our quarry had escaped.
All that was left to do was find the ‘coming’ shop, park up and find Chambers.

The shop looked something like this only less blurry.

And luckily it was right by Chambers; time for karaoke

Here’s a pic of the lovely Lisa posing with the lovely KP

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »

Chambers must be a nice place to have a quiet drink on a normal Friday night but the 17 locals who turned up to do just that this week must’ve got quite a shock as half of blonde descended on the place and proceeded to drink dry their second bar of the night. A cracking night was had all round and we saw some great and some not so great performances, unfortunately technical problems mean I can’t put the videos up at the moment but we’ll sort that out at some point.
A little tip for you all. If you’re ever short of money all you have to do is go out drinking with NumptyITB, wait for him to get drunk and then tell him he owes you £20. No questions asked, he goes straight to his pocket and hands over the cash.

Here’s the note just before it was spent on a round of shots.

Other highlights of the night included Kinboshi comically falling off his chair

RedRebel imagines what he’d do to his wife if only she’d let him have a real knife

And this

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:39 PM »

Please god, I pray that those videos never leave Gatso's camera.

I hope these prayers are answered, and I am sure everyone else on blonde will join me in hoping that they dont have to endure my "common People" performance, or kinboshis camp finger dance to Ironstein & my rendition of Kenny Rogers "Gambler"

it wasnt big, it wasnt clever, and it certainly wasnt pretty !

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

I didn't fall off my chair, Timothy skilfully pulled it away as I went to sit on it.  Got me good and proper.  The sod.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »

He was only pulling it out for you, so you could sit down.  Yer own fault you misjudged the distance.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »

So karaoke over it was time to jump into another taxi, only took me 2 mins to get told off. After this pic was taken I was banned from anymore flash photography as the poor driver thought he’d set off a speed camera.

I’m not sure what happened in the front of that cab on the short journey to DTD but as we were all getting out Julie asked whether we wanted to see the pictures. On the front seat was a laptop and for some reason Julie had signed the driver up as a friend on Facebook so she could show him pics of her bits.
 Were we ever going to have a normal car journey this weekend?

Spent a couple of comedy hours in DTD, watched Leknave and Dunk betting on valets’ ages and indeed Jen’s age and lost a proper blonde sng (spilled pints, a couple of substitutions etc.) heads up to Junglecat. Then far too soon it was time to head back for a couple of hours kip before the football.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »

Saturday morning saw comedy car journey no. 3. We headed off in KP’s car following monkey Matt to the football which we thought was next to DTD. Unfortunately that’s not where it was. Neither did it appear to be in any other part of Nottingham and I’m pretty sure we covered most of the city. Every now and again we’d see another car load of blondes drive past us looking for the same place, the whole forum was lost. At one point we stopped in an industrial estate for Matt to ask directions thinking it was only us, Matt and Rookie but it turned out we had a whole convoy behind us, comedy video to follow.
After about 45 minutes we finally completed the 5 minute trip and the footy got underway. I have nothing to say on the actual tournament as we lost so it’s best forgotten but I do have to put up my favourite pic of the day. For those of you that remember the strop Sunday8pm threw when told he couldn’t wear moulded studs, this photo is of a poster in the changing rooms telling people what can be worn.

Ben went on major life tilt when I showed him this later in the day.

DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »

So karaoke over it was time to jump into another taxi, only took me 2 mins to get told off. After this pic was taken I was banned from anymore flash photography as the poor driver thought he’d set off a speed camera.

I’m not sure what happened in the front of that cab on the short journey to DTD but as we were all getting out Julie asked whether we wanted to see the pictures. On the front seat was a laptop and for some reason Julie had signed the driver up as a friend on Facebook so she could show him pics of her bits.
 Were we ever going to have a normal car journey this weekend?

Spent a couple of comedy hours in DTD, watched Leknave and Dunk betting on valets’ ages and indeed Jen’s age and lost a proper blonde sng (spilled pints, a couple of substitutions etc.) heads up to Junglecat. Then far too soon it was time to head back for a couple of hours kip before the football.

for someone so pissed your memory is amazing
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »

did we get a discounted fare for that ride??  me thinks we should have!

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

did we get a discounted fare for that ride??  me thinks we should have!

I'm sure you did.

Any more messages from your new friend?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 10:22:12 PM »

So on to the main event, I didn’t last too long but the time I was in was good fun sat between Bongo and Rod Paradise. We picked a standard raise for each level and insisted that people could only raise that amount, a couple of people did try different amounts but we soon sorted them out with subtle abuse. We also had to show at least one card if we took down a pot without a showdown to prove to Rod that we didn’t have 2-7 as he’d threatened that anyone taking down a pot with that hand would have to put their privates on the edge of the table so he could hit them with a pool cue or at least that’s how me and Bongo read the situation.
I think the alcohol must’ve kicked back in at some point as I have no memory of when or how I busted out of the tourney, all I know is I lasted longer than Trigg and I was on the cash tables quite early.

The £50 tournament was next up, I didn’t take my seat until level 2 as I was busy in the bar. When I went to take my seat there was someone already there who shouldn’t be. I’m so grateful for his mistake as I was sent to what should have been his seat instead on a table with Nakor on my left, Diceman on my right and Dingdell to his right and was set for the funniest time I’ve ever had at a poker table.

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 10:34:12 PM »

A gatso 

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Ecosse

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 10:39:47 PM »

A gatso 

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:17 PM »

First hand I play I flop jacks full and get paid on every street, lovely stuff so I can relax a bit now.

Dingdell’s in every pot against a lady at the other end of the table, they’re both in the same masterclass with Paul Jackson and Tracey is telling us how they know each other’s moves because of that. Obviously we latch onto this and her every move is now met with the question ‘did Paul tell you to do that?’.  It gets a bit ridic when we move onto ‘did Paul tell you to get that salad?’ and other similar questions. We then moved onto ‘what does Paul know anyway? What’s he famous for? He once lost a pot against Phil Ivey right? And that’s all he’s famous for?’.

Right in the middle of this our future new best friend sat down at the other end of the table. Here he is.

Pretty much as soon as he’s sat down we all get chatting and he tells us how he’s a Mackem and hates Geordies.
Ding now leans over and whispers ‘is that Gazza?’.
Once we’d picked ourselves up off the floor we explained that apart from the fact he didn’t particularly sound like him, looked nothing like him and was a Mackem it was highly unlikely Gazza would be here as he’d just been sectioned. Tracey has a quick think about this before saying ‘like that British boxer Bruce Willis?’.
We’re now all in hysterics, tears streaming down faces but it didn’t stop there. We had to explain to Trace about Mackems and Geordies and how they hate each other, ‘oh, is it like the Roses and the Capulets?’ she asked.
I think it was at about this point that the dealer had to call the floor as half the table was incapable of playing due to laughing too much.
Tracey still not really getting the whole Mackem thing now told us that her favourite Macca was Paul McCartney.
The killer was yet to come though. She leant over to Diceman and whispered ‘I think I’ve made a mistake, I meant Steve Davis’.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 10:50:36 PM »

Sadly I was completely sober but still managed to nearly pee myself like any decent drunk would do   Cheesy
Great precis and I can't deny any of that.....although of course I have explanations but they would only make it worse 

Wonderful table - I have never laughed so much at a poker table ever. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: