blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The sun is shining:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The sun is shining:  (Read 189678 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #840 on: December 01, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »

You are the man Graham.

Hero status confirmed.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 02, 2013, 05:00:23 AM »

You are the man Graham.

Hero status confirmed.

absolute boss!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 02, 2013, 07:50:25 PM »

All of this and more.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 19, 2013, 05:42:16 AM »

Merry Christmas

Thursday 19th December 2013

Last night was the staff xmas party, great time was had by all and I have to be honest and say I think I scrub up pretty well  Wink

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 19, 2013, 05:49:52 AM »

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 19, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »

You scrub up very well, as indeed does the wife. Have a great trip in January. A bit early but happy Christmas to you and your family.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #846 on: December 19, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Graham

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 21, 2013, 06:19:28 AM »

Santa time again!

Saturday 21st December 2013

Yes it's THAT time again. My fourth Christmas at the Hotel and once again I was asked to be the 'resident Santa'

The Hotel are very involved in charity and the main charity we support on the Island is Cheshire Home and in past years we have laid on a Christmas lunch for them, this year there was a change and we gave them a Festive Afternoon Tea and as usual Santa was in attendance to hand out presents.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 28, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »

You both looked lovely.

Hope you had a great Xmas. x

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 13, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »

3 Months on

Thursday 13th March 2014

....to catch up, as I wrote previously we left Guernsey on January 4th for our annual holiday stopping of for 2 days in London at another of the company’s hotels (staff rate) this was nice for Roxanne as she hadn’t really had a proper chance to see London before. We arrived at the Hotel around midday dropped our bags off and headed for Oxford Street!!! As she wanted to some shopping for the family. We were lucky with the weather as it was forecast for heavy rain but it was dry just very cold but having spent 4 hours traipsing around the shops it might as well have been snowing for all I cared.

We ate in the bar/lounge of the Hotel that evening and retired to bed fairly early as I had worked the night before we had left. Sunday morning we had a lovely breakfast and the original plan was to have spent the day seeing some sights but as my lovely wife had failed miserably in her attempt to finish the shopping it looked like we were in for a another fun filled day!!

Around the corner from the Hotel is Buck house and although I didn’t realise it we got there about 20 minutes before it was time for changing of the guard, I explained to Roxanne the history around this and she thoroughly enjoyed the experience from there it was back to Oxford Street for another 4 hours of fun, I had booked for us to go on the London Eye at 16:30 so that was the excuse to finally quit the shops. Again she really enjoyed the Eye (another dream fulfilled).

We ate in the Library restaurant on the Sunday night and had what can only be described as a really fantastic meal.

Before leaving Guernsey I did some investigation on the best way (cheapest) to get to Heathrow and it turned out to be a Private Hire Airport transfer company who charged £26.40 door to door (for the both of us). The car was booked for 10am and duly arrived 5 minutes early, the young man driving was most courteous and 40/50 minutes later without any stress or hassle we arrive at Terminal 4.

The flights back to Manila were uneventful and we duly arrived on Tues 7th at 15.45, another 6 hour bus ride followed and we arrived home just before midnight.....

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 13, 2014, 02:20:46 AM »

We had arranged with the help of Roxanne’s Auntie and cousin to get Daniel christened on the morning of his birthday the 11th so the first 3 days were spent running around and spending ‘stupid amounts of money’ getting everything finalised. Of course we had to have the obligatory pig to cook plus we had another pre cooked pig (spit roast) which fortunately one of the Ninang’s (Godfathers) paid for.

As it turned out on the day I realised why we had bought so much food because at a rough estimate we fed 300 people!!!! There were 3 serving stations set up in the compound + a table set for the Godparents. 1 of the stations was for invited guests, 1 was for the children and 1 was for uninvited guests. Roxanne’s mum and her 3 helpers were absolutely fantastic and the whole thing ran like clockwork but I have to admit to being glad when the whole thing was over.

The rest of the holiday was as in previous times spent relaxing and doing very little although this time we had Daniel.

From having left him 8 months earlier the transformation was amazing he was now this little man walking around and he already knows he is like a Prince there and then came the big decision....

About 2 weeks in Roxanne decided after we had chatted a few times that although she wanted to come back to Guernsey she also wanted to stay with Daniel, I was happy with this especially as it is at the time where he is beginning to chat so at least I know that she will speak English with him, the other factor as always is the money, it is my salary that looks after the family and it was Roxanne’s salary that we lived on here in Guernsey but out of that we weren’t actually saving any money so I calculated we would be no worse off (probably better off) if she was to stay there for now.

Decision made we enjoyed the rest of the holiday, lovely weather 30+ every day until it was time for me to return to Guernsey.

The trip back was as planned although strangely quiet and on returning to work (I had already emailed them about Roxanne’s decision) I had a chat with the GM and HR explain that Roxanne wants to return but this time with Daniel as we wish to be together as a family, this does cause some problems as living in Guernsey is not the same as in the UK as it is all to do with housing licenses and work permits, I explained it is our wish to remain on the Island but if necessary I will have to look to relocate to the UK, and that is where we are at this time I await the options open to us..........

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 13, 2014, 02:21:32 AM »

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 13, 2014, 02:22:39 AM »

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 13, 2014, 02:24:18 AM »