blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "In the Well" with Riverdave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Riverdave  (Read 62120 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »

OK i still owe a Vegas story and plans for this year anything else i've missed and not realised let me know.

Yesterday was another good day started the day with $800 on my FT account and after some afternoon grinding 2/4 and 3/6 PLO HU it developed into a $30 PLO rebuy win for just shy of $3k and a series of short stack attacks on 10/20 - 100/200. A healthy $15k profit for the day which has prompted a cashout and a trip to Blackpool for the long weekend. I will have internet access in my hotel room so keep the questions coming.

You are offcially my hero. 
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2008, 02:04:20 AM »

OK i still owe a Vegas story and plans for this year anything else i've missed and not realised let me know.

Yesterday was another good day started the day with $800 on my FT account and after some afternoon grinding 2/4 and 3/6 PLO HU it developed into a $30 PLO rebuy win for just shy of $3k and a series of short stack attacks on 10/20 - 100/200. A healthy $15k profit for the day which has prompted a cashout and a trip to Blackpool for the long weekend. I will have internet access in my hotel room so keep the questions coming.

so fkn siksisksiksisksik! legend.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »

So is a shortstack attack the best way to spin up? And what would you call shortstack attack? Sitting down with 20BBs or more? And do you just about move in over anyone who raises preflop when you do this?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2008, 04:08:08 AM »

Just took down that PLO on full tilt in your honour, so what was it 10/20-> 100/200 and then Blackpool?

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2008, 04:14:59 AM »

Just took down that PLO on full tilt in your honour, so what was it 10/20-> 100/200 and then Blackpool?

good work Karl 

did you know you knock penly out on your way to winning it?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2008, 04:19:10 AM »

nah I'm sure he would have given me his usual torrent of "golden" abuse if that were so.... Grin

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2008, 04:08:09 AM »

If you could steal poker skills from other players.

What would you take and who from

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2008, 04:34:17 AM »

how much for PLO lessons?

riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2008, 07:27:34 AM »

would you accept a sponsorship deal from Absolute Poker?

Only if i got the superuser password.
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2008, 07:33:49 AM »

So is a shortstack attack the best way to spin up? And what would you call shortstack attack? Sitting down with 20BBs or more? And do you just about move in over anyone who raises preflop when you do this?

It spreads your risk a little if you have 2 or 3 pullups rather than just 1 shot in a big game. yes 20BBs is a usual figure although sometimes as much as 40. In NLH i am usually looking to get it in preflop hopefully from the front or in a flip situation, i'm not massively keen on playing HU NLH deep unless it's a real fish but i may go for 2 double ups before leaving. In PLO great if you can get it in pre with AAxx or maybe KKxx but you can call 3BB raises with slightly speculative hands. If i spin a shortstack up i'm more likely to keep playing it up deeper in PLO unless the game is really playing sick.
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2008, 07:39:08 AM »

nah I'm sure he would have given me his usual torrent of "golden" abuse if that were so.... Grin

Nice one mate it's a great value tourney think i've now taken it down 3 times under various guises. yes i gave you a helping hand along the way when it was obvious you and another guy both had aces pre. I had just taken a 4% beat with 5 left in the $200 PLO and this was my last running tourney so i gave you boys a spin with 10986 preflop. Obviously you ran like the wind and made the broadway! :-)
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »

how much for PLO lessons?

There's a few better qualified than me......... i usually get pwned in 6max NL at 25/50 and above so maybe we can swap tips.
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »

If you could steal poker skills from other players.

What would you take and who from

Great question i'd certainly like Linton's stack building ability in NLH tourneys.

I'd like Daniel Alaei's ability to know exactly where he is in a pot, he's comfortably in my top 10 all round players in the world live.

Not sure i'd swap my gamble for anyone elses.

I'd certainly like a little or a lot more discipline particularly in cash games online. Ivey seems pretty disciplined on this front even if he isn't on many other fronts.

To top it off Matusow's borrowing ability and Thewy and Moomin's runlikethewindabilty!
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2008, 08:26:17 AM »

Blackpool turned out to be a washout with the 250 only getting 17 and the 500 cancelled. I managed 4th in the 250 with 3 getting paid and having had 50k of the 130k in play with 4 left.
This led to an unitended return to the internet and despite a $2500 draw in the FT $200 PLO i managed to lose $9k over the weekend mostly playing 10/20 to 50/100 PLO.
I returned from Blackpool late Sunday night and having missed all the Sunday majors i loaded up $3k to play some cash. A very sick $3/$6 deepstacked PLO HU game left me with a $12k stack (easily biggest i have accumulated on that size game) and a $10k profit and a 6th in the Sunday night HORSE for another small profit left me feeling my form had returned.  I always play up my form so loaded up $4k on the $50/$100 Capped PLO game i ran this up to $21k before i ran top 2 into an obvious bottom set and came off for a $13k profit. A healthy $25k profit for 5 hours work. Vegas looms large......
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »

Are you going to Vegas for the WSOP this year? If so playing what?

Please talk us through your spell living and playing in Vegas after your good result at the WSOP in 2006. Why did you do it and what happened?

My Vegas plans have been up in the air for a while mainly due to big swings and not knowing what i'm going to have available to take with me. However recent success and a long time shrewd and generous backer mean i will probably be going either this week or early next for the whole series. I plan to start off playing the smaller events around town $300-$1000 buyin and try to hit the ground running. I usually manage to find some juicy 5/10 NLH games at The Wynn or Venetian and hope to find a good PLO game too.
As far as World Series events go i'll likely play very few but im going to make every effort to sat into the $10k PLO and obviously $10k main event. Another must is the $1500 PLO and any other decent sized PLO tourneys around town. I imagine i'll play at least 1 decent sized NLH bracelet event too. Last time i played 3 side events and didn't make it past level 2 so i hope to improve on that.

As for Vegas '06 i was actually in the middle of a very sick spin up online just before and during the Main event it started from $500 borrowed online when i was actually penniless, i won a couple of tourneys online and a seat into the main event in the last sat on Stars. I barely slept during the week i was in the Main Event as i was also flying online and up to decent size cash games. After i exited the Main Event for $47000 i'd basically turned the $500 nip into $120,000 in total. I didn't want to change anything and decided to carry on out there and see what happened. I exchanged my Gold Coast room for a nice one in the Bellagio and carried on playing. The sick thing was i hardly played live at all maybe entering the Bellagio cardroom about 5 times in my month long stay there, i made good use of the pool facilities for a couple of hours a day though. I also enjoyed a month long fling with a lapdancer, free before anyone comments! So life was pretty good from being flat broke in Vegas a couple of weeks earlier. Eventually i had to leave as my 90 days was running out and the Barcelona EPT was also coming up by the time i'd left i had run the bankroll up to $240,000. I found myself enjoying Premium Economy Class on the way home 2 seats away from Mr Ivey himself on his way over for the EPT he came 2nd in. Unfortunately i left my form in Vegas and didn't manage to continue the upward trend once hitting British soil.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 08:49:05 AM by riverdave » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: