blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16956 Members
Latest Member: indianrenters
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  £50 rebuy at Luton last night
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £50 rebuy at Luton last night  (Read 7969 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2008, 06:09:28 PM »

Ok - I'm not sure on my play here and would like some input please. Tnx

blinds 100-200

I raise in the cut off with 66 to 700

BB calls. I have played a couple of small pots with this guy tonight already and won them so I'm not sure if he's calling with anything or tilt.

flop 2 4 Q rainbow

BB checks. I wasn't sure where I was - I failed to continuation bet. 1. I assume I should have done - but if he had them reraised I'm not sure where I am in any case. If I should have continuation bet how much?

We are in the freezeout part of the comp now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:52:33 PM by Dingdell » Logged
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »

How many chips do u both have?
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »

I had about 4500 and he covered me - he had over 10k
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »

when you've got answers to this Trace, make sure you describe the turn action. Interesting stuff if you can rationalise your thought process there.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:43:05 PM »

I think I'd have made a continuation bet here of about half the pot, 800 probably.  If he comes over the top then I'd probably have to lay it down, but I'd rather invest a bit on the flop hoping to get rid of him rather than give him either a free card, or get drawn in deeper on the turn.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 07:45:45 PM »

I think I'd have made a continuation bet here of about half the pot, 800 probably.  If he comes over the top then I'd probably have to lay it down, but I'd rather invest a bit on the flop hoping to get rid of him rather than give him either a free card, or get drawn in deeper on the turn.

Agreed

geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »

Why did you raise pre-flop Trace? Think about this question. What if someone raises you? You wouldn't know where you stand. My point is that you raise pre-flop because you think you may well have the best hand and you have position.

Now when the flop comes down and your oppo checks look what happens.
I failed to continuation bet. 1. I assume I should have done - but if he had then reraised I'm not sure where I am in any case.

The reasons you raised in the first place are still relevant, but they have been replaced with doubt for some reason. You probably still have the best hand and your position means you know your oppo has already checked. The texture of the flop is very good for you and so a continuation bet of 900 is appropriate because you are simply continuing your pre-flop mentality, and why wouldn't you?

I think the fact that you have been taking pots of this guy makes you do this.

One of the most important factors here is your image. If you haven't been very aggressive why would he check a hand to you? You say he could well be playing nothing and for me there isn't a single advantage in checking. You only check because of the doubt you have.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:06 PM »

This is probably not the best advice in the World and is based more on playing you heads up than anything else but if you continuation bet here then the guy may have been observing you play and be prepared to check re-raise you with very little.

The queen is a worry but not unduly so I'd be prepared to continuation bet and if necessary re-raise a re-raise - if you're unlucky and he does have the queen or over-pair to your 6's then fair enough, unless you have been overly aggressive and he is trapping I'd offer better than 2:1 that you are ahead at this point.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »

I would make it less pre especially from the cutoff anywhere between 500-600 im happy with. This allows to a better risk reward when we do win the blinds and allows to play deeper postflop giving us more options.

As played i would bet about 1000 and play from there, though i would probably have to chuck it to a raise. Our hand is likely to be good here and allowing a free card is normal to villain benefit not ours here.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:10:20 PM »

ok thanks so far.

Turn comes a  Two Clubs

so board now reads  Two Diamonds   Two Clubs

He bets the pot.

Now what? I have the feeling he's missed and is representing a blinds type hand. I don't think he has anything but I don't know how I know that and obv could be wrong but gut instinct says he has nothing.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »

He bets the pot because you checked. It rings alarm bells with you because it doesn't fit with his flop check. If he checked because he's strong why would he now over-bet when you've shown weakness? Because there is 3k in the pot and this is approx what you have left I would push, or if I do call it will be with the intention of calling any river bet.

While he could have you beat with 7-7/8-8 and was looking to c-r the flop I'm still happy to get my chips in here.

The flop c-b has the advantage of allowing you the opportunity to get away from the hand if he does c-r on a dry board whereas now I would be committed to the hand. This is why it's senseless to avoid the c-bet. I'm more wary about this scenario than getting raised on the flop.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 10:53:04 PM »

Raise less pre, 600 is what i would make it.

If you have a resonably agg image and he is similar then i am betting to induce on the flop so something like 800.

As played fispump jam the turn, you are only behind here if he is a really bad player.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 11:18:30 PM »

You must continue here to define your hand..you have position and are the orignal aggressor and will take the pot down there and then a lot of the time.

His action after the continuation will give u massive information about his hand.

The turn bet makes no sense and is nearly always a stab because u showed weakness on the flop. If he has a 2 the bet is too big and likely to frighten u away .

im probably moving in...if he has it all well and good....with luton standard at the mo he prob called u out of position with a rag ace or KJ...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 12:31:38 AM »

Raise less pre, 600 is what i would make it.

If you have a resonably agg image and he is similar then i am betting to induce on the flop so something like 800.

As played fispump jam the turn, you are only behind here if he is a really bad player.

What does that mean please?

Also I'm not sure what image I have at the table, I often play tight but I think I'm becoming more aggressive with building confidence, but only when I hold cards - it's still difficult for me to bluff.

He bets the pot because you checked. It rings alarm bells with you because it doesn't fit with his flop check. If he checked because he's strong why would he now over-bet when you've shown weakness? Because there is 3k in the pot and this is approx what you have left I would push, or if I do call it will be with the intention of calling any river bet.

While he could have you beat with 7-7/8-8 and was looking to c-r the flop I'm still happy to get my chips in here.

The flop c-b has the advantage of allowing you the opportunity to get away from the hand if he does c-r on a dry board whereas now I would be committed to the hand. This is why it's senseless to avoid the c-bet. I'm more wary about this scenario than getting raised on the flop.

I think I was worried about the continuation bet because I find that a lot of guys will then want to kill the hand dead and come over the top and then I still don't know where I am. If he were to come over the top what info have I gained? I could still be ahead but folding to an all in raise.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 12:34:25 AM »

Why did you raise pre-flop Trace? Think about this question. What if someone raises you? You wouldn't know where you stand. My point is that you raise pre-flop because you think you may well have the best hand and you have position.

Now when the flop comes down and your oppo checks look what happens.
I failed to continuation bet. 1. I assume I should have done - but if he had then reraised I'm not sure where I am in any case.

The reasons you raised in the first place are still relevant, but they have been replaced with doubt for some reason. You probably still have the best hand and your position means you know your oppo has already checked. The texture of the flop is very good for you and so a continuation bet of 900 is appropriate because you are simply continuing your pre-flop mentality, and why wouldn't you?

I think the fact that you have been taking pots of this guy makes you do this.

One of the most important factors here is your image. If you haven't been very aggressive why would he check a hand to you? You say he could well be playing nothing and for me there isn't a single advantage in checking. You only check because of the doubt you have.

On reflection I think I'm agreeing with everything you are saying here - can you just expand on this point please as I'm not sure what you mean by that. Tnx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: