blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 309667 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: June 01, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »

Welcome back Jeeves - oh how we missed you last Vegas.

A sense of calm has once again descended.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: June 02, 2018, 06:30:50 AM »

absolutely spiffing
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: June 02, 2018, 06:42:08 AM »

Brilliant
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: June 02, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »

What-ho Jeeves!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1084 on: June 02, 2018, 09:34:31 AM »

Welcome back Jeeves

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: June 02, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »

Excellent stuff.

The free roll at 3am on a Monday, just amazing. Absolute classic. Jeeves reports and the World Cup it's going to be quite the summer.
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: June 03, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »

It was a restless first night on the couch in My Master's suite, before i made arrangements for a room next door the next day

A combination of jet-lag and excitement at once more being acquainted with Master's socks (to be freshly ironed every morning, as per my hastily scribbed instructions) led to only fitful sleep but I nevertheless dozed off only to be awoken at 5.45am by the sun streaming in as Master threw open the curtains

"Morning Jeeves. Up you get. These socks won't unpack themselves! The media centre awaits"

Quite where this bonhomie had come from I was not sure,perhaps after a few days of getting A-2-K-K snapped off by 4-5-6-7 in PLO8 and losing both sides would do for that,i thought

"Later Jeeves" he paused and putted out his chest "We are off...to Binions!"

I managed a smile and a nod. Internally I wondered why of all the places in Las Vegas,all the beautifully appointed hotels and lavish cardrooms that we could visit, that we were spending the day in a venue modelled off the Haven Camping Park, Great Yarmouth 1986 but at this point it was not for me to ask

It was for me to gather up the camera, incontinence pants ("Tena for men, tenner reg fee" was what i pondered might be a useful catchphrase for a poker seniors tour) and laptop charger and follow along dutifully, one pace behind and three steps to the left. Perceptible but at the same time imperceptible.

Later as we were in repose waiting for the tournament to begin I was given a fresh task

"Jeeves, Mr Amaya wants me to record every hand as i might be doing a training video with Daniel on PLO8 tournaments for the over 70s. Apparently that is a growing market in Asia, and you can charge them lots of rake too"

I took possession of a reporters notebook and biro

"So Jeeves, write down everything I do, what the community cards are, what the betting is and what the showdown is. Oh and who I am playing against"

I pondered

"sir, don't we have to ask their permission to take their names under GDPR?"

Master looked at me

"Jeeves, I have not come 8,000 miles to be worried about GDPR. There is no privacy policy on this trip"

I raised an eyebrow and forgot not to say "not even in Peppermints sir?" to be met with a withering look which suggested to me it might be a reasonable idea to change the subject

As the tournament began i warmed to the task of transcribing the action

At the first break i handed the book to Master for his perusal

He alighted on a page where i had written as follows

"Board runs out.....

two spades Two Clubs

Master has ....

X X

Bet 400 into 600.

It goes pot-pot behind him and he very wisely lets go, both must have boats.

Well played sir"

and i had written a clap-clap emoji, just as Meghan had showed me how to do

Master sighed

He whispered, half conspiratorially, half resigned

"Jeeves, they both had the bare deuce"

and looked at the floor, bottom lip quivering

"Shall I update my notes sir?" I proferred inwardly, thinking that i must remember NOT to write "Unfortunately Master was too nitty" and instead write

"on all the available post flop action and board texture I had to assume at least one of them would have a full house. Don't be too results orientated" as that would no doubt impress Daniel N and impressing Daniel N had suddenly seemed to be a very important factor indeed in daily life.

After all, when Master's lifetime earnings are $39,543,271 behind the pint sized Canadian genius, we had to assume that Master would play second fiddle in our burgeoning media partnership..............

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: June 03, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: June 03, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »

Way too good.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: June 03, 2018, 04:52:21 PM »

Incred Grin

peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: June 03, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »

Just brilliant, this time of year is great, morning coffee with Tikay HH's, Jeeves, and Stu HH's which I don't understand. 😀
bromley04

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 03, 2018, 05:34:55 PM »

Just brilliant, this time of year is great, morning coffee with Tikay HH's, Jeeves, and Stu HH's which I don't understand. 😀
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 03, 2018, 09:31:07 PM »

great stuff

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: June 03, 2018, 10:04:24 PM »

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 04, 2018, 12:48:11 PM »

Quality penage Jeeves.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »