blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:17:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272882 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 312387 times)
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: May 26, 2014, 03:45:44 PM »

First of many great updates on this year's 'jolly boys outing' no doubt!

Good to see you back Jeeves.

Life has no rebuy options
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 26, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »

Superb
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 26, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »

I would have thought with the stochastic modelling training you'd have done at Butler school, you could have got yourselves into the Virgin Lounge! £45-ish and on a brekkie run like that, you get even right there!  Plus some prime trainspotting windows, a free cowshed treatment,  they probably even have a complementary Rennie dispenser.  And you probably won't get served by Chantal.

BoL Jeeves, hang in there!

Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 26, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »

Awesome!

Ship It!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 26, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »

Loving Jeeves' work, absence makes the heart grow even fonder.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 26, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

Formidable!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 26, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »

Cheesy

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 26, 2014, 11:33:37 PM »

And so it begins!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 27, 2014, 11:18:58 AM »

"Hello sir, this way sir"

The stewardess beckoned my Master to his left as we boarded the flight to Las Vegas

I followed a pace or so behind

"Hello sir, that way sir"

The stewardess beckoned me to my right, and the middle of a row at the back of the plane

"goodbye sir" I cried as I was chaperoned to the tail, but I received no reply as Master was already past the curtain and into his area of the plane for the next nine hours

Some hours later, as we arrived in Vegas I rose to be at the front of the queue to disembark and waited in the galley area for the doors to open. From the other side of the curtain came a man who looked somewhat familiar, and appeared to be muttering repeatedly

This was the man, and this was pretty much how he looked

This man seemed keen to get off the plane. We made eye contact, and he blurted out the following

"Concrete, planes, trains, cement, beetroot. Concrete, planes, trains cement and bloody beetroot"

I didn't know what he meant or what to say

"Nine fucking hours of concrete, planes, trains, cement and fucking beetroot"

It suddenly became clear as from behind the curtain burst my master

"Ahhhhhhhh Jeeves, great flight wasn't it isn't it?"

I nodded

"lovely food wasn't it isn't it?"

I nodded, but only to keep him happy, for my food was not of such quality

"Have you met Mr Boatman, Jeeves? Lovely travelling companion. Won a bracelet last year, going to do it again Jeeves"

Boatman looked at me. I looked at the floor. Master continued

"Lovely fellow Jeeves. Barney would you like to share our taxi to the Rio? We're going the freeway route, especially for the feel of the tarmac at 60mph under the back axle Barney. "

As master finished his sentence the whole plane's attention could not help be drawn to the sight of Mr Boatman on his knees banging at the emergency exit sobbing

"let me off let me off" and as the door swung open he bolted for customs in arrivals, a trail of dollar bills floating behind him as they fell out of his manbag such was his speed to depart the scene

"He must be feeling ill Jeeves"

"Quite sir, Quite" i replied as followed my Master through to the arrivals hall and joined the queues

Later, as he left me at the Rio to check in while he went to Binions, it struck me that whilst life may not always be a box of chocolates, occasionally you can strike lucky. For while I had spent nine hours sandwiched between elements of a stag party from Bolton going to Vegas for a week I had managed to escape nine hours of worse

For that, I decided to be thankful

Click to see full-size image.

After all, some people were not so lucky

the question was, how to avoid it for the next month?

I think I may have found the answer on that long flight

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 27, 2014, 11:30:06 AM »

Blimey, it looks like you get everything in first class.

Good luck Tony, commiserations Jeeves.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: May 27, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »

Excellent reportage Jeeves.

A little tip for you - I'm led to believe that many US ladies are very much into Downton Abbey, many do not realise it is not a documentary. I know that you will of course be annoyed at the inaccuracies of the portrayal of the butlering life but perhaps a casual 'sotto voce but not quite sotto enough' muttering about how your current charge is not like 'your previous employer the Earl of Grantham' might provide an 'in' for further discussions.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 27, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »

If Andrews tactic fails Jeeves you could always just tell them you have a six inch tongue and can breathe through your ears.

Why, it is a well know tactic round these parts.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »

If Andrews tactic fails Jeeves you could always just tell them you have a six inch tongue and can breathe through your ears.

Why, it is a well know tactic round these parts.

Some bad language.....

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 28, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »

It was 90 minutes or so after had first stepped into the suite at the Rio. I had busied myself unpacking, preparing my quarters behind a hastily made partition (upturned sofa, spare bed-sheets secured from ceiling) when I was surprised by the door opening

It was my Master, followed by four men in face paint

"Who on earth did that Cowboy think he was Jeeves, calling me an old man?"

I said nothing, had learnt it was best to let the rant take its natural course

""You ever going to play a hand, old man?" ""I always respect you Old Man"

He paused, in high dudgeon

"I'm not old Jeeves. 47 isn't old these days"

"Is it a break in the tournament sir?" I thought had better change the subject

"No Jeeves, out Jeeves. Decided to come back Jeeves so you could write my blog. Didn't have any plans did you?"

My plans were actually well advanced

but duty obviously had to come first, so replied matter of factly

"no sir, just beetroot to pickle and your socks to iron"

"good Jeeves, open up Wordpress my good man"

The elephant in the room had still not been addressed. Why exactly were Kiss in his suite, standing around looking like spare parts?  

As I downloaded the images from the camera to accompany the first blog entry, realised that I should be grateful for small mercies. Gene, Eric, Paul and Tommy were at least dressed, if looking somewhat non-plussed, unlike earlier

I transcribed the blog, and edited it judiciously. Then raised the inevitable question in a way that I thought showed consderable tact

"Would your guests like something to drink sir?"

"Guests?" My master looked genuinely surprised and jumped with a fright when he turned round. He ran behind me and breathed heavily

"Jeeves, don't tell them the safe combination whatever you do. That first edition of excavators of the Americas is priceless. Jeeves, helllllllllllp"

It was a pitiful cry and it was left to me to resolve the situation

"Hello gentlemen" I said to the front man, who I discovered was a Mr Gene Simmons "can we help you with anything? Wrong room perhaps"

"No, we don't think so" said Gene "We were doing some promotion on Fremont street ahead of our show tonight and that gentleman walked out of Binions..."

he pointed at my Master, barely visible but holding on to my waistcoat tight. he continued

"he took a photo of our bare bottoms, walked past and said "old man, old man, old man" in a soft voice so we followed. In our experience in Las Vegas, that's an invitation for Crazy crazy nights and well times are hard. We need the cash"

Suddenly it was all becoming clear. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas but what was currently happening in Vegas needed to get out of suite 2604 of the Rio Hotel and convention center, and quick.  

"I think there may have been a misunderstanding" I said to Kiss. "He's old, he sometimes knows not what he does. Let me compensate you for your time"

I handed them four Sky Poker stress reliever balls, two branded packs of cards, two card protectors and a signed photograph of Ryan Spittles, smiling.

This seemed to appease them and they left the room smiling and one simpering over the photograph

My master emerged from my waistcoat, stood up straight and said

"Thanks Jeeves, that was a sticky spot. But never call me old again"

and he lay down on the bed and fell asleep, it was left to me to send the blog, and send off the first Bluff Europe article that my master thought he had sent in may but had actually been sitting in "Drafts"

Only 28 days to go.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:58:07 AM by Jeeves » Logged

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 28, 2014, 03:27:47 PM »

Hi Jeeves

Any chance you can clarify the Master got my Staking Monies.
Asked him several times on his blog but probably too busy looking at
Pictures of Kiss and Ryan Spittles.

Many Thanks. Jeeves Keep up the Good Work.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: