blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 312333 times)
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 13, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »

Incred!

It has been a long few days, railing the Sky Poker, analysis by the incontinent for the incompetent

And.....

I also serve as a useful shield for when Simon Templar appears. Master spots him out of the corner of his eye, no doubt after many year's practice and says

"Back in a minute Jeeves" and totters off round the corner

Templar asks after my Master, peers round my shoulders and satisfied that I am his audience launches into explanations of his poker play that typically last over an hour

I laughed so much I nearly we....oh, wait....

Grin

along with ....
At this point, there is a pause for breath, and a quick check of a Watches4U catalogue, before he continues

Love it     Grin

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:08 AM »

"Jeeves!" "J-Jeeeeves!" "JEEEVES!" "Look, man look!"

I turned around to look at what all the excitement was about

Master pointed excitedly out at the car lot where he had been partaking of an Embassy.

At this

Oddly it had snowed in Vegas in July earlier that day, too

"Jeeves look at those tyres. Phwoar, Jeeves. Rubber Jeeves, look at that tread Jeeves. Jeeves can you see?"

I responded that I could hardly miss the rubber given the size of the tyres and stood patiently while Master got his kicks. I took a picture of the tractor, which was to be numbered and titled "763, Double Tyred, Dark Green, Pure sex" in Master's mink lined album that he hid from customs in a hidden pouch, encased in talcum powder, in his suitcase both to and from Vegas

After several hours of "perving", I managed to persuade Master that weightier matters needed attending to on his day off. Such as making arrangements to go home, and sending blog 21 that I had just written for him when, en route to the lifts we came a cross a corridor

"Look Jeeves, empty"

I could hardly miss the fact that it was empty

"Picture Jeeves, perfect for the blog"

I did as I was told and wondered how I could make an interesting bon mot out of an empty corridor on the rest day of the WSOP main event. Sadly, it failed even my literary talents. I took a second picture to flesh the blog out though.

Later that Day as Master trundled down a slightly less empty corridor to play the Rio deepie, in which he was to secure his third largest cash of the trip in a $20 last longer with the former politest man in poker , we spotted RED-DOG with his new charabanc

and tried in vain not to call out "Wingardium Leviosa" and "Obliviate" at Harry Potter as he wandered past us

In truth, it is a time of mixed emotions. Master wants to be home, but wants to be in Vegas. I want to be home, but once again face the Jobseekers queues when we do return

Much rides on Mr Kimpet, to make it past Day 3, and onto the cash, and thence into the final Nine for a trip back in November. All being well, i reckon I would get asked back for that. If only because I know the secret of the Mink lined tractor book with annotations. Would be worth a fortune if it fell into the wrong hands.

We'll know later today, but as I write Master sleeps. Phrases such as "Can never be too careful Kimpet" "No need to flip Kimpet" "Grind Kimpet Grind" keep being uttered as he tosses and turns, betraying the nerves my Master so successfully tries to hide in the course of consuming 16 lattes, 40 Embassy Kings, 23 trips to the Urinals and six Choux buns a day.

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »

tried in vain not to call out "Wingardium Leviosa" and "Obliviate" at Harry Potter as he wandered past us

Every time Wink

xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
lutonrover

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »

quality stuff and definitely a big miss when this Vegas frivolity is over.....good  luck with Jobseekers  Sir

Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 17, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »

"Jeeves, this is all your fault"

I could do little more than stand in the hotel room, awaiting the verbal hairdryer setting being pushed to "FULL" and "HOT"

"You arranged that radio interview!"

I did indeed, thinking it would be useful to up my Master's media profile in global circles outside the enclosed environs of Osterley, Leeds and poker forums.

"Didn't even know my name Jeeves. Tony Bendall, Ben Jendall, Ken Lendall. Jeeves, what on earth did you brief them about?"

I remained silent. He was only just warming up

"Didn't you tell them about Herons, tractors, Cranes and trains, Jeeves? I told you the subjects I wanted to talk about but no Jeeves, n-o-o-o-o--o, Jeeves they start off on Online Poker, move onto blonde Poker, then Sky Poker."

His bottom lip began to jut. I focussed my eyes on an area of carpet in front of my freshly brushed brogues, and waited for more

"and then Jeeves, just when I think he's going to cover Muntjacs and Greyhound buses he moves onto APAT. I don't even bloody remember what APAT is Jeeves, let alone have to answer questions on it"

I looked up, Master was shaking with rage

"and then Jeeves, he told me I was not a young man. and this was after 12 minutes of a 4 minute interview Jeeves"

I looked down again

"Jeeves, this is it, you're fired."

He went to his trouser pocket and fished out a wad of notes and thrust it into my hand.

"Go Jeeves, just go. They never even asked me about Muntjacs Jeeves. I can't forgive that"

My back was already half-packed as with the exit of the last Sky Poker, analysis by the bad tempered for WSOP Non-cashers, player from the Main event I knew that home was just around the corner

Before I exited the room, I did a half turn

"Are you sure you don't want me to wirte the last blog before I go sir, darn some socks, wash some stick on Sky Poker badges?"

"No Jeeves, go"

I left, went straight to McCarran and now write to you from a hotel near Crawley, where I am holed up awaiting offers.

It could be a long wait

For now, goodbye.

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 17, 2011, 10:32:31 AM »

wp jeeves, enjoyed it a lot 

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
fatboyslow

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 17, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »

GG Jeeves,

hope you are not on jobseekers for long, a gentleman with your eloquent prose should soon get another position ........
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 17, 2011, 10:40:55 AM »

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Au revoir Jeeves old boy, I'll really miss this diary which has brightened up many a day.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: July 17, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 17, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »

Close between Jeeves and Ben Lamb for player of the series imo, wp Jeevesy.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 17, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 17, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 17, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: