blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 309707 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 28, 2013, 07:21:58 AM »

Jeeves - enter this NOW.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=61015.0

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 28, 2013, 08:10:29 AM »

On a more serious note......

I had a raft of PM's & texts last night asking me to reveal the identity of Jeeves.

It is extraordinary how many people do not know who Jeeves really is, so I hope those that do will continue to keep schtum.

I should also point out that Jeeves will accompany me to Vegas, & be sharing my suite at The Rio, but has specifically asked that their name NOT be revealed. I'd ask you to respect that privacy, out of respect to her.   

What a player!

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 28, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »

So happy to see a notification in my emails this morning of the ONLY thread worth reading on blonde is back with a bang!

.......TY.

Life has no rebuy options
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 28, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »

Jeeves what does a Manservant of your standing do in ways of preparation for such a trip? With such a high maintenance client?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 28, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »

Will the good Mrs (sorry, Mr) Jeeves not be missing you this summer?

Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 28, 2013, 11:45:41 AM »

Thank you for the welcome back

There is no Mrs Jeeves. I have been dedicated to the employ of my various Masters for nearly 35 years now. I am available at their every beck and call and I cannot think of too many partners who would accept such ministrations, and coming second to a variety of fecund and eccentric employers.

That said, I do have a weakness for temptations of the flesh in the form of stewardesses and dancers at Peppermint Hippo. Something I believe you have some experience of Mr Nicholson? I remember a joint trip in 2009 that ended with the pair of us face down on a water bed being ridden by Candy and Cassandra. At least I think it was you, I was blindfold. Anyway I occasionally indulge when I know my employer is likely to be out for the count for the next eight hours.

In terms of preparation for such a trip. Well of course it helps that I have had several such trips with my current Master. Nothing can surprise me now. Well almost nothing. My main preparations are for My Master.

Here is the list I have compiled this morning

- Sky Poker, analysis by the bereft for the bereft, polo shirts -8
- Sky Poker, analysis by the infirm for the infirm, stick on badges - 45
- Chinos 3
- Jeans 3
- Shorts 1 0. Would rather not have those knees shown in public
- Shoes/Pair. 4
- Socks 9.
- Underwear. 7
- Laptop
- Lighter
- Camera
- Chargers
- Sky Poker, analysis by the recreational for the recreational, contract - 1
- Concrete Manuals - 4
- Beetroot - 6. Declare at customs
- Cash. Evidence that it is his cash (THM print out, otherwise they will never believe it)

and here is, verbatim, an email I received from my boss this morning

To: Jeevesthemanservant@hotmail.com

Subject Vegas 2013

Jeeves, some gentlemen have agreed to back me (pay part of my buy in Jeeves) for the WSOP Main Event this summer. I know, incredible isn't it?

Here is the list of those with too much money to spare

Names deleted to spare their blushes

Could you please contact them and collect the money so I can take it to Vegas. Please pay extra attention to these Gentlemen, they must PAY IN ADVANCE. I know what they are like

Names deleted to spare their blushes again

Do not on any account tell any individual on this list if we meet them in Las Vegas that Sky Poker have bought me in, and that the total pledges from the list above amount to $13,000 so in effect I am covered to the tune of $23,000.

I will deal with that when I win it.

Please let me know when you have collected the monies.

p.s Did you see the Clare Balding programme on Horses and the Queen last night? I-Player Jeeves. Zara Phillips, Jeeves. I would.

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

fecund?

What?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49:45 PM »

Excellent start, soooooo much looking forward to this.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 28, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »

fecund?

What?

I believe Jeeves has grown unaccustomed to the sound of your voice in the intervening months, Tikay.

He obviously didn't hear you correctly when you said you wanted to engage in your dual interests of ornithology and road surfaces. In the wrong ears, "Tits and asphalt" may readily be misconstrued.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 28, 2013, 02:32:33 PM »

Too good, just far too good Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:15:18 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 29, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »

"You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
 You own it, you better never let it go"

The dulcet tones of my Eminem ringtone interrupted my afternoon slumbers.

"Jeeves Jeeves Jeeves Jeeves JEEVES"

There was no mistaking that this was clearly an emergency.

"Jeeves"

I had got the message by now tikay required my attention

"I am doing the Sky Poker, autocue reading for non autocue readers, TV show tonight at 7pm"

"Yes sir, good luck sir. I shall tune in"

"No Jeeves, I am doing the show tonight and I have LEFT MY VELVET BLAZER AT HOME"

The breathlessness in my master's voice betrayed a panic, and a real sense of loss

"Sorry to hear that sir, do you not have your polyester-cotton mix lightweight jacket in wardrobe?"

"Yes Jeeves but I need the Purple velvet. I am wearing matching boxers"

Just momentarily, the image that came into my head left me quite flummoxed. I needed to recover my sang froid and quickly

"Oh sir, I quite understand" I lied convincingly

"Jeeves I need someone to go to Hampton, go into my closet and bring the jacket to Osterley by 6.45pm at the latest. Would you mind?"

I paused. I was, after all, looking forward to the Antiques Road Trip, Pointless, Eggheads and The Chef's Protege that made late afternoon BBC2 watching such a joy.

"No sir" the words came out involuntarily, a reflex of 35 years in service that I demurred whenever a man of breeding or deportment, or tikay, asked.

"Key is under the stone figure of Clare Balding, fourth slab away from the front door Jeeves. Let yourself in. Oh and Jeeves please can you do some tidying up? The cleaner is due on Friday."

"You want me to tidy up before the cleaner comes?" I enquired forlornly

"Yes if you tidy today and I tidy tomorrow it will be spotless for when she comes"

My mouth formed to produce words but I merely looked like a startled goldfish in a tank as the mouth opened, but no noise came out

The pause lasted an uncomfortable while but soon we said out goodbyes and I made my way over to Hampton and collected the Purple velvet C and A jacket.

I then made my way to the Sky, still employing Paul Merson and Phil Thompson as pundits, Studios

I went into the gatehouse and gave my name, In the corner, a man with a pencil thin moustache was regaling a security guard with tales of his television life

"So I then had to pretend to have a shower while the nutter shouts "Oi Kammy, no". I was very professional and did it in one take but they knew that when they hired me for the gig Steve, all that Soccer Saturday from the touchline at Fratton Park had shown them that I was cut out for better things Steve, and now I have a screen test for the presenters job on BT Vision Steve"

Frankly, Steve looked a bit bored with Kammy and I moved towards the Sky Poker, five hour TV shows for insomniacs, studios.

Through reception and wardrobe, past the green room and the gallery and to a door with a star on it. On the star, a simple message

"Talent. Please knock gently, may be sleeping"

I knocked gently. Inside there was the sound of hurried scrambled activity.

The door opened. There, in nothing but a silk kimono, plastered in foundation, silver foil in his hair and a frankly bewidering sight, stood my master.

"Jeeves, dah-ling"

I stepped back

"No Jeeves, its me tikay. Everyone speaks like that here, I have to."

"Your jacket sir"

tikay's face lit up and he immediately calmed down

At that moment a man came down the corridor. Tall, thin, a man I recognised as Richard Bacon from the Big Breakfast in 1987. Only it wasn't, it was the man from the Green Flag adverts.

He had a weary look, and our eyes met.

tikay made the introductions

"Jeeves, this is Richard Orford my presenter. Richard, this is Jeeves my man"

Orford held my grip for just a shade too long as we shook hands. I sensed that all was not well

"tikay I will see you in 20 minutes in studio, I'll show Jeeves out" Orford said and grabbed me by the arm, pulling me down the corridor

As we rounded the corridor and tikay's dressing room shut he grabbed me by both lapels

"JEEVES YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. THEY KEEP PUTTING ME WITH HIM ON SHOWS"

He was breathing heavily, and very agitated

"ON SCREEN CHEMISTRY JEEVES. ON SCREEN CHEMISTRY THEY SAY. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER JEEVES. IF I HEAR ONE MORE STORY ABOUT BRIDGES OR CONCRETE OR DUCKS I'LL..."

His voice tailed off, and he began sobbing uncontrollably on my shoulder

"JEEVES MAKE IT STOP"  

"Sir, I, er, I am not sure how I can do that sir" I muttered

A wistful Orford began to reminisce

"I was on Channel four at the age of 21 Jeeves. Glittering future ahead. I had visions of This Morning with Anne Diamond. The National Lottery show. Perhaps Supermarket Sweep. BUT IT ALL WENT WRONG JEEVES. I ended up being the voice of Discovery Quest and presenting game shows on Challenge Jeeves and I had to take the Sky Poker job Jeeves and NOW EVERY SHOW THEY PUT ME WITH HIM"

and with that his vice like grip was released and he went off down the corridor, shaking his head, a gentle sobbing an ever quieter reminder that behind the public persona, real problems lay.  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:04:35 PM by Jeeves » Logged

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 29, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »

goldstar goldstar goldstar goldstar goldstar

Life has no rebuy options
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 29, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »

I didn't think it was possible.

This is getting better, I sense a tour de force.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #778 on: May 29, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »

goldstar goldstar goldstar goldstar goldstar

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 29, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »

absolutely amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: