blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Blondes go mad!!!!! staking Ironside for the wsope PLO event
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondes go mad!!!!! staking Ironside for the wsope PLO event  (Read 83908 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2008, 11:16:01 PM »

We're paying for the chance to see Negreanu, Greenstein et all feel the full force of the Ironside table chatter.

...not to mention his singing Smiley  It's going to be fun on the rail!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »

I wont be able to see Iron at the WSOP-E, I wont be able to see him but for me its worth it and just a little thank you what what Iron has done over the years.

Matasow flying 1st class from Vegas - $4k

Tony G hotel bill for 2 weeks  - $6k

Hellmuths loses in the side game $40k

Ironsides table banter   Priceless

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2008, 12:07:16 AM »

I'll take 1%.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2008, 01:30:26 AM »

How, in general (not diercted at Iron in any way) do you think it affects people's play when they are being staked 50% or os?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2008, 02:29:09 AM »

If this thread is for real - then WD Ironside and good luck.

As for the backers, are you serious?!?!?

Backing someone in such a major event whom by his own admission has not had much experience in live omaha and certainly not on this scale?!?!?!?.

YOU'RE ALL MAD!!!!

Because of the above, I'll buy 0.5%

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2008, 03:02:12 AM »

Backing someone in such a major event whom by his own admission has not had much experience in live omaha and certainly not on this scale?!?!?!?.

YOU'RE ALL MAD!!!!

It's a community thing, he's popular, never complains about his problems in life (except in a long queue of those who complain to me) and would be good to see him get a shot

I dont deny that at all.

Doesnt alter the fact that the backers are mad!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=28851.0

thats the definition of backer madness... people paying a 100% mark-up for a one time deal on a player that might or not have a positive expectation in live tournaments.

Ironside, good luck to you and i hope you sell out and go on to make everyone a good sum.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2008, 08:07:24 AM »

Was wondering when that would be bought up - lol quality.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2008, 08:26:58 AM »

We're paying for the chance to see Negreanu, Greenstein et all feel the full force of the Ironside table chatter.

+1

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2008, 08:33:36 AM »

How, in general (not diercted at Iron in any way) do you think it affects people's play when they are being staked 50% or os?

Do you really think that someone who can win a first prize of 1mill and then would get 500k would not stay focused?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »

Boldie - I asked the question.

Focused yes, but do you  think that certain decisions would be altered knowing that you are playing with someone else's money?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2008, 08:49:04 AM »

Boldie - I asked the question.

Focused yes, but do you  think that certain decisions would be altered knowing that you are playing with someone else's money?

Not really..once the money has been paid it's always someone else's money untill you get it back. I never think about the money that I paid fro a tourney (maybe I should Wink ) but only what the prizemoney is.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »

YOU'RE ALL MAD!!!!

The guy is a legend Paul i have known him from THM days and always admired him for the way he never complains despite the rough deal life dealt him, on top of that he goes out of his way to help people out.

Whether its a good investment or not is pretty clear for me, £150 to give a top guy a chance to live his dream, +EV

Iron is a mug, and a pain in the arse ... but he is OUR mug and OUR pain in the arse .. I abuse him almost daily, its expected.

But heres the truth behind the banter ... Iron is my hero, while other people bitch and moan because of petty trivial things like a game of poker, he just shrugs his broad shoulders and gets on with his life, he travels all over the bloody place on trains planes and in his car ..... everywhere i go, people see the blonde logo on my shirt and 99% of the time the first thing they mention is Iron, everyone knows him, everyone has heard of him and everyone admires him for just getting on with it.

His mates can abuse him and give him grief, thats because he is "family" ... anyone else that tries the same will soon be shot down and put in their place, and rightly so.

So good luck Iron and I really really hope we can pull this off .... like i said, you are a mug, but you are OUR mug and we wouldnt want it any other way.

I think its fantastic that we as a community could have a realistic chance of getting Iron to the event, he could be selling shares at a high premium and he would probably (or should that be proberly) get just as much interest as if he was selling them at double their value.

Oh and one last thing, its a pretty safe bet that blonde wouldnt be here if it wasnt for Ironside ... FACT !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2008, 09:14:30 AM »

YOU'RE ALL MAD!!!!

The guy is a legend Paul i have known him from THM days and always admired him for the way he never complains despite the rough deal life dealt him, on top of that he goes out of his way to help people out.

Whether its a good investment or not is pretty clear for me, £150 to give a top guy a chance to live his dream, +EV

Iron is a mug, and a pain in the arse ... but he is OUR mug and OUR pain in the arse .. I abuse him almost daily, its expected.

But heres the truth behind the banter ... Iron is my hero, while other people bitch and moan because of petty trivial things like a game of poker, he just shrugs his broad shoulders and gets on with his life, he travels all over the bloody place on trains planes and in his car ..... everywhere i go, people see the blonde logo on my shirt and 99% of the time the first thing they mention is Iron, everyone knows him, everyone has heard of him and everyone admires him for just getting on with it.

His mates can abuse him and give him grief, thats because he is "family" ... anyone else that tries the same will soon be shot down and put in their place, and rightly so.

So good luck Iron and I really really hope we can pull this off .... like i said, you are a mug, but you are OUR mug and we wouldnt want it any other way.

I think its fantastic that we as a community could have a realistic chance of getting Iron to the event, he could be selling shares at a high premium and he would probably (or should that be proberly) get just as much interest as if he was selling them at double their value.

Oh and one last thing, its a pretty safe bet that blonde wouldnt be here if it wasnt for Ironside ... FACT !!

Bloody well said that man!

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »

YOU'RE ALL MAD!!!!

Bloody well said that man!

That's the most eloquent Kev has ever been...did you buy him word a day toilet paper or something?

Well said indeed Kev.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »

Well said Kev.  Your best post ever, proberly...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: