blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Amsterdam Master Classics Day One Live Update
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam Master Classics Day One Live Update  (Read 51063 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 03:25:18 PM »

Message for "Surprise", who is Isabelle Mercier's Mum. Isabelle, who we profiled on :oker 425 last week, & is the subject of this week's Caption Competition, looks gorgeous, she is wearing spectacles today. Men DO make passes at Lady's who wear glasses. Trust me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 03:26:37 PM »

So they started with 10k in chips, and hour levels.  So Dave up there with the early leaders.  I think that must mean it's time to look for the other ones.  And Malcolm McKinlay.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 03:31:05 PM »

Dave prefers to slow play aces so they will get beaten a good few times!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 03:33:07 PM »

Hi Tighty, yes, I played Sunday, 270 runners, but I busted out in the 90's when my 88 was turned over by A-7. I did not have enough chips to get him off his hand, he was kind of pot committed, so I don't treat it as a bad beat, I needed a bigger stack, & if I'd had one, he'd have not called my RR.

I could not play Monday's Omaha, it was a 2 day event, & I had to go back to Lonsdn on Tuesday & record 425. So I played cash Monday night, & won just over €2,200. (a lot for me!). When I got back from London last night, I played cash again, but dropped €700.

Jen has gone off to get some chip counts now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 03:37:19 PM »

Hi ifm, yes, Dave likes to get cute with AA, but in Limit, which he played yesterday, it's hard to get rid of opponents, as you know.

Simon Trumper did great yesterday, finishing 2nd in the Omaha, after winning the same comp last year. Some performance.

Rob Holink did even better, playing two comps at the same time. He finalled in the Omaha, & won the Limit!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »

There is a tremendous quality field here today, maybe the best field we have seen in Europe this year since Copenhagen.

The entire Hendon Mob, Devilfish, El Blondie, Tony G, Bruno, Hollink, Carlo, Aces Trumper, Camel, Marcel, Thewy, Gwibbo, Skalie, Isabelle, Sverre Sunbro, Frogi Fagilierefrofogi (he's Norweigan, a "Norseman), Pascal Perrault, Ivo Donev, Jani Sointula, & loads loads more.

No sign of Willie Tann though, or Milky Bar Kid.

Roy The Boy Brindley, who is the feature interview on this weeks Poker 425, is here too.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 03:44:45 PM »

Paul Parker is here, looking magnificent in a black, wide pin-striped suit. Super Cool Paul. We are officially not allowed to take pics, but we are working on the lady, I am giving her the full tikay charm offensive. No pics then. Yet......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 03:47:25 PM »

My fellow criminals from Moscow, Ted Giddens & Racing Ronnie de Beaulox, turned up here on Monday night, they came by via Dover on the ferry. I saw them both at the bar last night, but I've not spotted either since.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »

You do mix with some bad 'uns  Cheesy

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »

Afternoon Jen and Tikay,

Escaping the boredom of Hammersmith with your updates Smiley

Ta as ever Smiley

Heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2005, 03:49:56 PM »

Here are the counts from the Pit -

Simon Trumper  10,450
Jani Sointula      22,500
Pascal Perrault   10,675
Carlo Citrone      9,750
Chicken Joe      9,200
Ross Boatman   10,600
Simon Hennessey 7,100
El Blondie           15,000
Noah Boeken     12,000
Angelo Besnanou 13,700
Stuart Fox          10,800
Graham Hiew      10,600
Jeffrey Bensinger  8,600
Jim Reid              12,400
Jeff Buffenburger  9,250
Skalie                  11,500
Tony G               13,500
Abel Meijberg       5,525

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »

Ahh Heid, Hammerswith, W6? Is the Palais still there?  And the Shepherds Bush Empire? Happy Memories. Joe Loss used to be based at the Palais, & Very Lynn, Charlie Drake & other Superstars of the early eighties were often at The Empire. Happy days.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2005, 03:55:59 PM »

I also spotted Jon Shoreman, who finalled in the Limit yesterday. Also Tim & Pippa Flanders on adjacent tables.

And Ian McDonald from Notts. I'm not sure if Tristram, his son is here, he generally runs well in Amsterdam.

If he is watching, a big hi from loads & loads of us to Bob Coombes, we look forward to seeing you out & about soon Bob.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2005, 03:56:13 PM »

Just saw DC facing the button with a board of  two hearts .  He bet out 1,200 on the river and after a lengthy dwell, his opponent passed, only to be shown what looked like  from where I was standing.  But it may have been suited.

Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2005, 03:57:27 PM »

They turned the Palais into a skanky club, but recently turned it back Smiley

I am between H'smith and Olympia Smiley

By the scrummy Persian Restaurants Smiley

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: