blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:04:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Championship Manager
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Manager  (Read 34063 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 08:00:07 PM »

The great thing about Ryan Williams is he normally gets signed by a Premiewreship team and you can the get him back as you climb the ranks. Richard Sadlier is a great spot too. I always start of with a very lowly team and fight my way through the leagues so players like goalie Steve Banks of Bolton and Bent Hass( that isnt his name I know). In about 2008 season there is a guy in the Italian league called Paulo Papa( i think) that is worth signing.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 08:00:37 PM »

Right thats it Im off to play....

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 08:01:43 PM »

What on EARTH is all this twaddle about. Is it like Subbeteo? Or even better, Blow Football? (Two straws and a mini table tennis ball).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2005, 08:02:52 PM »

Yeah Cherno Samba starts age 15 so does Tonton Mokouko but they are both ready for Premiership football from the word go!

Rob Dewhurst was a cracking player on one of the old ones but I don't think it was 01/02 version.

I've heard good things about To Madeira..... know if he's any good?

Also I've seen a guy called Anastacios Skalidis (Greek) on a friend's 01/02 (He is far and away the best player I've ever seen - starts with about 8 20's and costs just 10 grand in season one) but can't seem to find him on my game. Is my version to "new"? Do I need version 1.0 of this game to get him? Funny but I couldn't find To Madeira on his game. Maybe Madeira is a replacement for Skalidis?

Baron, if you set your player database to maximum you should be able to find him if he is on your mate's game, but it's a fair bit slower with the max database so you have to have a half decent pc for it to run at a good speed!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2005, 08:04:28 PM »

Persson? Another Scnadie?

God bless IFK Gothenburg.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2005, 08:06:35 PM »

Yeah Cherno Samba starts age 15 so does Tonton Mokouko but they are both ready for Premiership football from the word go!

Rob Dewhurst was a cracking player on one of the old ones but I don't think it was 01/02 version.

I've heard good things about To Madeira..... know if he's any good?

Also I've seen a guy called Anastacios Skalidis (Greek) on a friend's 01/02 (He is far and away the best player I've ever seen - starts with about 8 20's and costs just 10 grand in season one) but can't seem to find him on my game. Is my version to "new"? Do I need version 1.0 of this game to get him? Funny but I couldn't find To Madeira on his game. Maybe Madeira is a replacement for Skalidis?

Baron, if you set your player database to maximum you should be able to find him if he is on your mate's game, but it's a fair bit slower with the max database so you have to have a half decent pc for it to run at a good speed!

Ahhhh ok, cheers Vamp I'll try that. Smiley
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2005, 08:06:52 PM »

Yep I think he is at IFK too!  A utility player who can play anywhere in the back 4 or holding midfield.  

IFK, Djurgarden, Hacken and Hammarby are the teams to raid in Sweden!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2005, 08:08:27 PM »

we could set up a blondite llm network game to run a couple of hours a week using fm2006 if there is intrest

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 08:10:20 PM »

Tikay, its what we all used to do in the evenings before poker and Wifes came along thumbs up

vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 08:10:35 PM »

we could set up a blondite llm network game to run a couple of hours a week using fm2006 if there is intrest

Great idea, I haven't actually got the new one yet, is it really good?  Was gonna put it on my Xmas list!
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 08:12:24 PM »

Tikay, its what we all used to do in the evenings before poker and Wifes came along thumbs up

Lol, since I got involved with Poker, my Champ Man time has decreased massively!

I read somewhere that some people play for like 2-3 days non stop and the game has actually been cited in some divorce cases Cheesy
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:17 PM »

Great idea, I haven't actually got the new one yet, is it really good?  Was gonna put it on my Xmas list!

Its the best football strategy game ever made
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 08:20:20 PM by Nemesis » Logged
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:47 PM »

Great idea Iron.

Thanks again Vamp, I'll check out those clubs. Or what's left of them! Smiley
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:59 PM »

This takes me back. CM was my ruin as well before poker. Indeed, at a poker final table I was in one night, conversation turned to CM and about 5 or 6 of us had been addicts in the past.

I weaned myself off the game once I found poker, but it's addictive as hell. I used to have a 40 minute train journey to work which I carted a laptop to and from. So, of course, every day I got a few matches in during my commute.

My crowning glory was getting Cheltenham Town from the conference to the 2010 Champions League final (they lost 2-0 to Fiorentina :-(). Michael Duff was indeed a star and stayed with me all the way through.

Funnily enough, over the last couple of days I've rekindled a love affair with another old gaming friend - Civilization. Bought the new version (Civ 4) and I have to say it's simply incredible. The series stalled a bit after the rights dispute after Civ 2, but Civ 4 is the business. They've finally rewritten the graphics so it looks lovely, and every new addition to gameplay works a treat.

Any other Civilization fans out there?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 08:16:07 PM »

and the day.

I did a 22 hour stech once. tea on a tray, bucket by the side for the loo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: