blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Championship Manager
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Manager  (Read 33814 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2005, 07:15:08 PM »

Any masters of the 01/02 version out there?

Got rushden in 1st div currently but I'm struggling. Need some of those very cheap, very useful transfers!

Thanks in advance.
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 07:33:11 PM »

Unfortunately yes!!  It's the best version IMO.

Some of the best players:-

Keepers:  Andreas Isaksson, Mark Tyler, Hector Fabian Carini, Sebastien Frey, Ruslan Nigmatullin

Defenders:  Mike Duff (the best right back on the game), Mikael Dorsin, Daniele Bonera, Christer Persson, Kakhaber Kaladze, Scott Jones, there's a Nigerian defender or a defender at one of the Nigerian clubs who is awesome and not too expensive, cant remember his name though!

Midfielders:  Kennedy Bakircioglu, Tonton Zola Moukoko who is the best player on the whole game by far!, Kim Kallstrom, Stefan Ishizaki, Scott Huckerby, Stephane Dalmat, Pablo Aimar, Emmanuel Osei Kuffour, Julius Aghahowa

Strikers:  Javier Saviola, Lee Thorpe, sometimes Gavin Holligan is a good gamble, anyone with pace and finishing above 17/18 will do a good job

I play a really attacking formation which I find works really well, 3-4-1-2 with small arrows on both wingers and the player behind the front 2.  The outside centre backs set on man to man marking and go up at attacking corners, the wingers make forward runs, cross ball and play through balls, the centre midfielders play through balls, the man behind the front 2 play through balls and make forward runs, one of the strikers who is good in the air set to hold up ball and play through balls, and the other one set to make forward runs.  Works a treat!  Also if you are losing with 20 mins to go take off the middle centre back and put on a 3rd striker, and go to attacking mentality.  Usually results in a dramatic equaliser and then set it back to the usual formation!  With this formation sometimes the middle centre back gets poor marks but it's only cause he doesn't get as involved in the play as the other 2.

Hope this helps!
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 07:38:55 PM »

Footbal Manager 2006 is much better than Championship Manager 01/02. The same programmers who produced the Championship Manager series produce Football Manager (Sports Interactive).

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 07:39:51 PM »

Keepers:  Andreas Isaksson, Mark Tyler, Hector Fabian Carini, Sebastien Frey, Ruslan Nigmatullin

Defenders:  Mike Duff (the best right back on the game), Mikael Dorsin, Daniele Bonera, Christer Persson, Kakhaber Kaladze, Scott Jones, there's a Nigerian defender or a defender at one of the Nigerian clubs who is awesome and not too expensive, cant remember his name though!

Midfielders:  Kennedy Bakircioglu, Tonton Zola Moukoko who is the best player on the whole game by far!, Kim Kallstrom, Stefan Ishizaki, Scott Huckerby, Stephane Dalmat, Pablo Aimar, Emmanuel Osei Kuffour, Julius Aghahowa

Strikers:  Javier Saviola, Lee Thorpe, sometimes Gavin Holligan is a good gamble, anyone with pace and finishing above 17/18 will do a good job

I play a really attacking formation which I find works really well, 3-4-1-2 with small arrows on both wingers and the player behind the front 2.  The outside centre backs set on man to man marking and go up at attacking corners, the wingers make forward runs, cross ball and play through balls, the centre midfielders play through balls, the man behind the front 2 play through balls and make forward runs, one of the strikers who is good in the air set to hold up ball and play through balls, and the other one set to make forward runs.  Works a treat!  Also if you are losing with 20 mins to go take off the middle centre back and put on a 3rd striker, and go to attacking mentality.  Usually results in a dramatic equaliser and then set it back to the usual formation!  With this formation sometimes the middle centre back gets poor marks but it's only cause he doesn't get as involved in the play as the other 2.

Hope this helps!

Golly
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 07:41:49 PM »

What a great answer Vamp....can I suggest Ryan Williams of Hull City as a right winger or just behind the front two. Dirt cheap and always the first player I buy when starting afresh.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:42:47 PM »

I used to buy all the new ones religiously the day they came out but I sort of stopped with the last couple.  I know the 01/02 version isn't as detailed as the newer ones but its really quick to play and you can do a season on a decent pc in about 3-4 hours.  

Have to admit I play with generated players now so I don't know who to buy from the word go anymore!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

This was my obsession before poker and have started playing it again in the last couple of weeks ironically with Rushden loads of money on this version. I play a 2-3-3-1-1 version which is very successful in this version. As for players that vamp has mentioned, a very reliable striker is Richard Sadlier from Millwall or Luke Guttridge from Cambridge who is a midfielder. Other great players on this game are an argentinan from river plate think he is called Del Assandro or something. Also Cherno Samba from Millwall
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 07:43:55 PM »

i must admit FM2006 is now problery the best game in the series
CM4 and FM2005 were but ridden but FM2006 is good and only has a few minor bugs which doesnt really affect the gameplay

i am a huge fan of FM2006 just need a few weeks spare to play it

man hasnt the game changed since the early 90s when CM hit the shops

and CM2 was promised for so long on the amiga i ended up buying my first PC cause i couldnt wait any longer

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 07:44:48 PM »

Yeah Ryan Williams is an attacking midfielder right/left/centre isn't he?  He is a good cheap player who I forgot!  Cherno Samba is another one like Longy says but often gets snapped up by italian teams.  Andres D'Allesandro is the guy you mean but he is quite expensive, but very good!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005, 07:50:02 PM »

Hope this helps!

Great post thank you.

Some of these names I haven't heard and I thought I was an 01/02 freak!

I cant afford guys like Aghahowa or Kaladze as the big clubs always seem to get them. I do have Kennedy Bakircioglu and Tonton Zola Moukoko. Just sold Dorsin though, his first season with me was poor. Oops.

Have you ever been able to sign Maxim Tsigalko in England? I always get work permit trouble. I know he's a cheap goal machine but never had him in England.

I've heard good things about To Madeira..... know if he's any good?

Also I've seen a guy called Anastacios Skalidis (Greek) on a friend's 01/02 (He is far and away the best player I've ever seen - starts with about 8 20's and costs just 10 grand in season one) but can't seem to find him on my game. Is my version to "new"? Do I need version 1.0 of this game to get him? Funny but I couldn't find To Madeira on his game. Maybe Madeira is a replacement for Skalidis?

Great post and thanks again.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2005, 07:51:09 PM »

What a great answer Vamp....can I suggest Ryan Williams of Hull City as a right winger or just behind the front two. Dirt cheap and always the first player I buy when starting afresh.

Great choice but someone offered me his buy out clause and I had to accept! He was good while I had him though. Sad
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2005, 07:54:28 PM »

I recall Robert Dewhurst of Hull being one of the best centre backs in the game.

Was that the edition you're talking about?
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2005, 07:54:56 PM »

This was my obsession before poker and have started playing it again in the last couple of weeks ironically with Rushden loads of money on this version. I play a 2-3-3-1-1 version which is very successful in this version. As for players that vamp has mentioned, a very reliable striker is Richard Sadlier from Millwall or Luke Guttridge from Cambridge who is a midfielder. Other great players on this game are an argentinan from river plate think he is called Del Assandro or something. Also Cherno Samba from Millwall

Can't afford D'Alessandro but will look into Samba. Isn't he the 15 year old in season 1? Think I may have had him before.

Thanks.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 07:57:16 PM »

I recall Robert Dewhurst of Hull being one of the best centre backs in the game.

Was that the edition you're talking about?

01/02 but there are a few versions. Earlier versions have ever so slightly different player databases I think.
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 07:59:05 PM »

Forgot about Maxim Tsigalko - BEST STRIKER ON THE GAME full stop.  Another good striker is Michalis Konstantinou he is superb.  Arjen Robben and Youssef Hersi are good left wingers too.

Dorsin can be a funny one, him and Christer Persson can be poor sometimes but also awesome, but you always make a profit on them so I always give them a season or two.

When you are quite a few seasons into the game, scour all the teams in the top division in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Holland, and the bigger div 2 teams in those countries and shortlist all the decent players under 22, and get those who want to come to you and you can afford.  If they aint good enough for your team yet loan them out for a year or two, if they do well on loan you may get stupid offers from someone!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: