blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Championship Manager
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Manager  (Read 34091 times)
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 08:21:24 PM »

Tikay, its what we all used to do in the evenings before poker and Wifes came along thumbs up

and the day.

I did a 22 hour stech once. tea on a tray, bucket by the side for the loo.

Lol, any more record stretches out there?  My bro and his mate did an all night session once and his mate fell asleep in front of the pc with the mouse in his hand!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 08:22:31 PM »

Always more into "Age of...." than Civ. Hated the turn based games.

So true about Champs addictiveness. I'm on a little poker break though so I broke out the champ!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 08:23:13 PM »

i was a huge fan of civ and civ2  hated call to power and civ3
think i ordered civ4 through amazon not sure if i played it yet

as i have 15-20 games here unwrapped waiting for time

i am looking for a laptop that can play FM2006 at the same sort of speed as my desktop

amy ideas?

ok new year we will set up a FM2006 network game all of us picking teams from conference or conference n/s

a few hours a week on a day to be decided

but broadband is a must

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 08:24:37 PM »

Always more into "Age of...." than Civ. Hated the turn based games.

So true about Champs addictiveness. I'm on a little poker break though so I broke out the champ!

played and completed all the missions on age of empire and age of kings (think that was its name) and another bolt on

man i have a huge pile of games over the other side of the desk i am scared to move them incase they fall

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 08:25:53 PM »

I had a mate on 01/02 who put himself on manager holiday. He left it on and forgot about it. He went to Turkey for a few weeks and when he came back it had done over 100 seasons. He was sacked obviously - but funny none the less.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 08:26:22 PM »

on the sigames OTT forum they have a thread dedicated to poker

is blonde now going to have a games thread?

smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 08:28:56 PM »

When i was 17 I did my back in seriously and had a year of 6th form.ended up in hospital but all sorted now

I couldnt get out of bed basically, and i played cm probably on an average of 15 hours a day easily

It is more addictive than poker IMO

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005, 08:29:35 PM »

I had a mate on 01/02 who put himself on manager holiday. He left it on and forgot about it. He went to Turkey for a few weeks and when he came back it had done over 100 seasons. He was sacked obviously - but funny none the less.

I was manager of Spurs, I won everything, left the computer running overnight. When I woke up the next day, Tevez, Joaquin, Kompany and Fred had all been given FREE TRANSFERS!!! and I was given the sack.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2005, 08:39:31 PM »

I was manager of Spurs, I won everything, left the computer running overnight. When I woke up the next day, Tevez, Joaquin, Kompany and Fred had all been given FREE TRANSFERS!!! and I was given the sack.

LMAO! That's brilliant!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 08:54:34 PM »

I have a very sad confession to make....

I woke up one morning with a terrible pain in my right arm, which due to a blood disorder is a very worrying thing. I gave my future wife a nudge and told her that I felt unwell and did the pre arranged checks for lumps and swelling. As this continued I noticed that my neck was also hurting and I now became very scared so I called the NHS helpline to get some advice.

The girl asked me all sorts of questions due to my blood disorder and was arranging for me to seen by the home visit doctor when the following conversation took place.

'One final question sir, have you been on a long plane journey or been sitting in the same position for an extanded period of time,(I'm more suseptable to DVT than the average person).

'Yes' I replied. ' I have been off work this week and have played Championship manager for about 50 of the last 72 hours'

'And is the pain in the arm that you use to click the mouse'

'er.....Yes'

'Then I think the best course of action sir is to swap hands and get up and move around at half time' She laughed

I thanked her, told the Mrs not to worry and promtly moved the mouse to my left hand for the next few days........Its true.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2005, 08:59:32 PM »

I woke up one morning with a terrible pain in my right arm, which due to a blood disorder is a very worrying thing. I gave my future wife a nudge and told her that I felt unwell and did the pre arranged checks for lumps and swelling. As this continued I noticed that my neck was also hurting and I now became very scared so I called the NHS helpline to get some advice.

The girl asked me all sorts of questions due to my blood disorder and was arranging for me to seen by the home visit doctor when the following conversation took place.

'One final question sir, have you been on a long plane journey or been sitting in the same position for an extanded period of time,(I'm more suseptable to DVT than the average person).

'Yes' I replied. ' I have been off work this week and have played Championship manager for about 50 of the last 72 hours'

'er.....Yes'

'Then I think the best course of action sir is to swap hands and get up and move around at half time' She laughed

I thanked her, told the Mrs not to worry and promtly moved the mouse to my left hand for the next few days........Its true.

LOOOOOOOOL
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2005, 09:17:41 PM »

'er.....Yes'

That is possibly the funniest thing I have ever read!  I have no shame to admit I was crying with laughter reading it!
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2005, 10:26:18 PM »

FM2006 is awesome although i struggled at first with the new tactics engine.

was lucky enough to be one of the testers on this title for SI Cheesy

Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2005, 10:28:57 PM »

FANTASTIC BOBBY!!!

My mate is seriously addicted to champ, he spent all his time on it and lived it as tho it was real life... believing that champ would see into the future!

He was my champ advisor, he did spend uni revision on champ saying its the only way he could revise. A few champ names must've slipped into his essays

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 12:05:18 AM »

http://www.cmfrenzy.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: