blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:04:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Championship Manager
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Manager  (Read 34096 times)
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2005, 06:48:32 PM »

Jeez this forum is brilliant. There are other people out there who didnt grow up either.
Technical question...
I lost interest when you couldn't complete a season in 20 hours or so...somewhere around CM3 or 4..all the training and everything is just too complicated and pointless....so my question is...are either of the latest games FM6? more easily playable...ie you can complete a season in 20 hours or so

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »

season in FM2006 takes about 12-16 hours depending on your PC and how many leagues your running

if your running just the english league you can do it in under 6 hours i would expect

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:36 PM »

Oh and Aaron (the Baron) ...get your coaches to scout scandanavia. It was written before the programmers realised that all young scandanavians were deemed to become poker players as opposed to footballers. You can build a team around the young scandies...and look out for Bokoyoko or something similar from the Ivory Coast....he really is the nuts in an attacking midfield role...has it really been 4 years ?

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2005, 06:53:44 PM »

season in FM2006 takes about 12-16 hours depending on your PC and how many leagues your running

if your running just the english league you can do it in under 6 hours i would expect

Wow thanks...you will be cited if she divorces me

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2005, 06:56:01 PM »

just get MrsC intrested and play over a network

thats why i have all 3 of my desktoped linked up just incase anyone comes to visit we can have a good campaign

Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2005, 06:56:30 PM »

<shakes head>   Boys and their toys!

Liberavi animam meam
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2005, 07:16:27 PM »

Just played two hours.....he he he....stuff poker...trying to scour the South American Leagues for bargains now  Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2005, 07:46:52 PM »

As i remember from the 01-02 game, Leo-Fortune West (striker) was a great player for the lower league teams. Has a finishing of 20, and scored loads of goals.  Managed to get him into my Hereford team (Conference) and they stormed through to the 1st division in consecutive seasons, winning the LDV whilst in the conference.
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2005, 08:45:42 PM »

Jeez this forum is brilliant. There are other people out there who didnt grow up either.
Technical question...
I lost interest when you couldn't complete a season in 20 hours or so...somewhere around CM3 or 4..all the training and everything is just too complicated and pointless....so my question is...are either of the latest games FM6? more easily playable...ie you can complete a season in 20 hours or so

The cm 01/02 game you can do a season in about 3-4 hours with a half decent pc - and thats when I do a lot of scouting!

After a sleepless night I have remembered some more gems!

Some good strikers:  Emil Debski (Danish under 21) and another Danish U21 guy who is amazing but I cant remember his name, Allan Borgvardt is another, and not sure if it's the right version but Andrew Mainwaring of Newport County is different class.  Manolis Drosos is superb and very cheap, as people said Alex Notman is good too (behind front two but IMO not in the Tonton Mokouko envelope!)

Raid Egypt as well - Kamouna (even though he is quite old) and Ibrahim Said are quality defenders although Said is very ambitious and often throws his toys out of the pram! A 3 at the back defence of Said, Kamouna and Mike Duff won't go far wrong! They also have other good players, Wael Reyad is a good winger and Abd El Hafiz is also good, and naturally now he is at spurs so is Mido!

If I remember rightly, this version has all the good players at Peterborough as well - Simon Davies and Matt Etherington are must buys and Mark Tyler is a great keeper.  Gareth Jellyman and Anders Koogi develop into good players and Francis Green has world class potential but doesn't always make it.  Also a young left winger called Matthew Turner at West Brom is quality.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 08:48:45 PM by vampitup » Logged
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2005, 09:15:13 PM »

Thanks to this thread, the good lady has returned from shopping in town with FM2006 for me!

Sheriff (addicted to CM since the early 90's)

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2005, 09:20:26 PM »

sheriff make sure you download the latest update

desert_rat
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2005, 11:25:16 AM »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I registered about 10 minutes ago.  Been a lurker for quite some time but decided to finally join, and then chose a football manager thread as my first effort!!!!!!

Well like many of you I have been a Championship Manager/Football Manager addict for as long as i can remember.  Not sure if it was the 01/02 season but I remember the following as free transfers I could get for my luton team in the 3rd division.

Adolfo - Spanish midfielder who played all the way up to the premiership....scores 40-50 goals in the 3rd division
Alex - Spanish left midfielder
Olle Kullinger - pick him up for about 5k and scores loads
Eero Salminen - Finnish AMC, 16 years old but very good

And just to indicate my addictiveness I bought FM06 on the first day it came out (a thurs i believe) and had already booked the following week off as holiday and just played FM06 for nearly an entire week......very sad
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2005, 11:56:58 AM »

Hi desert rat - i didn't put the great free transfers up as they retire at the end of the first season, but Adolfo is definitely the pick of the bunch you are right.  Played behind the front two guarantees 40 a season definitely.  Butra is always good so is Joao Paiva, Johnathan Milner, Helder Rosario and Martins (the Inter striker).  I bought all these at East Stirling and got them to the Scottish Premier!
desert_rat
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2005, 12:21:34 PM »

Hi Vamp,

Strange.....in my game the free transfers keep going for years.  Adolfo starts at about 22 and plays well into his thirties.

Reminiscing now.....Mike Duff, Scott Huckerby, Andre Paralta, Sam Sodje
vampitup

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2005, 12:24:04 PM »

Don't mean they retire after the first season, only if they aren't picked up by clubs!  Paralta is another good one, Gouveia have a few good players.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: