blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stake thetank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stake thetank.  (Read 31233 times)
thetank

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:58:54 AM »

Stake Proposal

Here is my proposal; I’m looking to be staked to play approximately 600 $50+$5 regular speed 9 man sit n go tournaments on Full Tilt over the course of 30 days.

In this post, I hope to convey that this represents an excellent opportunity for people to make some money. I am very confident that I will provide a return of between 38% and 88% on your investment.

If you are interested, please contact me via pm.

The Mechanics.

I am looking for a total stake of $3,000. The reason this is so high is that I do not wish to play tournaments whilst inadequately bankrolled. I wish to offer all investors an almost certain chance of making a return and keeping their money safe.

Having said that, $3,000 is quite a lot to spend on one horse, so I am breaking this cake down into ten slices of $300 each. Ten different people to stake me $300.

Or indeed any combination really
You can buy 4 x $300 slices for $1,200, or bandy together with a buddy to buy one $300 slice. You can even stake the entire $3,000 yourself if you wish.

I intend to put in an average of 20 tournaments a day. (approximately 5 hours playing time)
You can keep track of me via sharkscope. I shall also be sending a daily pm or e-mail to all stakers with an update on my progress.

Rakeback is to be included in the amount earned and included with the profit when calculating your return.
FullTilt points will not be, but they're not worth much anyway.

The initial staking period will be for 30 days. After this time, the initial stake plus 50% of all profits will be returned to the stakers. (For example, if 10 people stake $300 each and I make $2,200 at the tables and earn $800 in rakeback after 30 days, $450 would be returned to each of the stakers.)
Please note, after purchasing a slice, you will not be able to get this money until the conclusion of the 30 day staking period.

Projections

I think I will be able to manage to play 600 tournaments.

The highest sharkscope stat I saw from the sample of 100 players I took playing the $50+$5 normal speed games at FullTilt were as follows.

580 games, ROI 18%*, $5,720 
410 games, ROI 21%*, $4,675

*This is the stat for just the regular $50+$5 tournaments specifically. The overall ROI for these players when taking into account all other games was 12% and 8% respectively.

I see this as an approximation of the upper limit of what could happen if things go very very well.

Realistically though, I am expecting anything in the region of 5% to 15% ROI for these 600 games.

Approximately profit then of $1,500 to $4,500. When added to the $800 rakeback, this represents anything between a 38% and 88% return on your investment.

Of course, it could all go horribly wrong and we’d lose the $3,000 55 buy-in bankroll. I’d estimate there’s only a very small chance of this happening though, perhaps less than 2%.
In the next section, you’ll see some of the procedures I am going to be implementing to lessen this risk of ruin to a minimum.

Focus

My focus will be on making money and playing better poker rather than how many games I can play simultaneously.

I will play no more than four tournaments at one time. These tournaments will be played in batches of four, rather than continuously keeping four tables open. This will allow me to take a breather and have a quick walk between batches to clear my head and prepare for the next set.

I will not be reading anything (such as this forum) while I play, I will not be watching any TV, or even listening to music.

I am going to spend an average of 90 minutes every day away from the tables working at reviewing my pokertracker, replaying tournaments and making notes on opponents.

I will spend a few days before the commencement of the 30 day period playing low limit games on Fulltilt to familiarize myself with the structure there.

My Poker History

I have tried to include the good and the bad in this brief round-up of my online poker career. I hope to show that I do have the ability to win consistantly. I also hope to convince you that I have learned from mistakes.

With over 3 years of playing full time. I have enjoyed regular success with a steady diet of the following...

$30+$3 3-table sit n gos on PartyPoker. 2004/2005
Multiple winner of weekly leader board and resultant heads up clash of the titans $1,000 game.

$55+$5 turbo 1-table sit n gos on Pokerstars. 2005/2006
Supernova VIP status achieved in 2006. Multiple final tables in the weekly Supernova freeroll.

$50+$5 1-table tournaments played on the Tribeca network in 2006/2007.
$50+$5 1-table tournaments on ipoker 2007.

I should mention that I been broke twice while playing full-time poker. Now follows a description of both these occasions, and brief interpretation as to the possible reasons behind them.

Mid 2004 : playing $15/$30 limit poker on Party.
I think it was a combination of a lot of holes in my game. Essential skills such as patience/discipline and knowledge were lacking.

Mid 2006 : playing  a combination of STTs, MTTs and cash games on Tribeca and Pokerstars.
Not earning enough to cover expenses. Living too lavish a lifestyle and not controlling expenses.

I left full time poker in 2007 as my person circumstances prompted me to get a proper job. My remaining bankroll covered expenses as I went about finding suitable employment.

I have been bust once while playing part-time poker.

Late 2007 : playing $55+$5 turbo 1-table tournaments on Pokerstars.
Not playing with a big enough bankroll. Also. Very possible that I wasn’t playing well enough to beat the games. Not giving them 100% of my concentration may also have been an issue.

I should probably also mention...

I got my butt kicked in a prop bet against Dale where we competed to see who could play the most turbo 1-table tournaments on Pokerstars in one month.

Current form.

I have played very little poker thus far in 2008. In the last week, I have deposited on Pokerstars to grind out their deposit bonus.  I have played just over 100 of the $15+$1 turbo 1-table tournaments but have made rather slow progress. (+$100 after 120 games; 6% ROI)

Thankyou

Thankyou for taking the time to read this proposal. I hope you see why I think I can make investors between 38% and 88% profit in just 30 days. Please consider buying a slice or two.

I welcome any questions from those genuinely interested, either on this thread or via pm. For reasons of privacy I may reply to some questions via pm rather than on the thread.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:06:09 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 03:16:05 AM »

Im interested, but 50+5's even reg speed are going to be tough, fwiw sngs have got alot alot tougher in recent times as im sure you are aware.

I remember at the time of the prop bet with Dale that you admitted to using no ICM tools or having studied ICM in any depth, is this still the case now.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »

Great Proposal, put me down for $300

HI HELEN!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:25:09 AM »

Im interested, but 50+5's even reg speed are going to be tough, fwiw sngs have got alot alot tougher in recent times as im sure you are aware.

I remember at the time of the prop bet with Dale that you admitted to using no ICM tools or having studied ICM in any depth, is this still the case now.

Excellent memory you have there.

I did take some time out after losing that bet to study ICM. For the most part, it involved me using some software that trains you by repetition.

Can't remember the name of the one I used (new pc since then) but I can search for it tomorrow if you wish. Dale recommended it to me either on the forum or via pm, so it'll be in the archives somewhere. (I may also wake up at 7am in a cold sweat having suddenly remebered what it was called.)

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:25:48 AM »

Great Proposal, put me down for $300

Ship it...9 slices left

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 03:29:51 AM »

I did take some time out after losing that bet to study ICM. For the most part, it involved me using some software that trains you by repetition.

Can't remember the name of the one I used (new pc since then) but I can search for it tomorrow if you wish. Dale recommended it to me either on the forum or via pm, so it'll be in the archives somewhere. (I may also wake up at 7am in a cold sweat having suddenly remebered what it was called.)

Thanks for your reply.

As for ICM mate, i would recommend just taking the sngwiz (www.sngwiz.com) 30 day free trial. It does everything you can possibly imagine is needed icm wise.

Stick me down for $300, as well. I know a +ev opportunity when i see one, just i like to be nosey.

Fwiw this proposal should be used as a template for ppl wanting to be staked on blonde.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 03:33:41 AM »

Thanks for your reply.

As for ICM mate, i would recommend just taking the sngwiz (www.sngwiz.com) 30 day free trial. It does everything you can possibly imagine is needed icm wise.

Stick me down for $300, as well. I know a +ev opportunity when i see one, just i like to be nosey.

Fwiw this proposal should be used as a template for ppl wanting to be staked on blonde.

Good luck with this tank.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 03:35:25 AM »

Thankyou longy....down to 8 slices now.

The proposal took some time to put together, so now I'm going to bed.
Will be back tomorrow to answer any more questions.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:36:04 AM »

great proposal. Will u accept a bank transfer, bit low on tilt yo!
ZZZZZZZROPE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 03:42:14 AM »

best of luck with this m8!!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 03:44:51 AM »

whats in it for you tank?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:47:25 AM »

whats in it for you tank?

$3k to relocate and start a fresh  50% obv

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 04:40:39 AM »

I'll take 5 slices please!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 08:54:53 AM »

I will take 1 slice please Tank.
GL.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

I will take 1 slice please Tank.
GL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »