blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 620145 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1380 on: November 16, 2010, 04:14:25 AM »

Skyline only cost $10m to make - despite horrific reviews and (in US box office terms) no one going to see it, it'll turn a profit.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 16, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »

It was horrific, and they announced, I think, before it even came out, it was the 'start of a series of films'.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 16, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »

Skyline only cost $10m to make - despite horrific reviews and (in US box office terms) no one going to see it, it'll turn a profit.

Watch as Doctor Turk and Milo from 24 run around an apartment for 90 minutes fending off aliens who look like they've been ripped off from the game Crysis.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 17, 2010, 04:38:40 AM »

Watched Inception tonight and loved it. Best film i've seen for a while

+1, just watched it at last as a good copy came out for d/l. Also +1 to everyone who said it was incredible and -1 to the few who didn't such as AndrewT, CreepyBenjew and Tighty

It was brilliant and i agree with the 9.0 on imdb

Best film i've seen this year (ahead of Shutter Island and Kick Ass)

until friday obv when i will go see the first part of the greatest film ever made (hopefully).

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 17, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »

+1, just watched it at last as a good copy came out for d/l. Also +1 to everyone who said it was incredible and -1 to the few who didn't such as AndrewT, CreepyBenjew and Tighty

until friday obv when i will go see the first part of the greatest film ever made (hopefully).

The IMDB top 250 seems very heavily weighted towards newer films. Not that Inception isn't incred, just seems like an odd weighting towards recents.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 17, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »

The IMDB top 250 seems very heavily weighted towards newer films. Not that Inception isn't incred, just seems like an odd weighting towards recents.

because film making tecniques are getting better? it's still a very young industry so the time against goodness graph is gonna be pretty steep

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »

Because its mostly the younger generation voting, and new films instantly get the most votes, back in the 80s and 90s the fans were not around to put on 1000s of votes for the new releases, and for The Dark Knight to be in the top 10 let alone top 100 is terrible! easily the most overrated film of all time.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 17, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »

because film making tecniques are getting better? it's still a very young industry so the time against goodness graph is gonna be pretty steep

Techniques yes - standard of the average film? Hello no imo.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »

average film, maybe not, but the standard of the best films is better. though that's obv a very subjective statement

doogan

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »

watched skyline 3-4 months ago and thought was gonna be a bit of dog toffee then, seen some upcoming titles for 2011 and some good films are coming.

<--------------- prick
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 18, 2010, 12:15:10 AM »

average film, maybe not, but the standard of the best films is better. though that's obv a very subjective statement

You think? I think when The Dark Knight (good film not great) and Inception (very good film) are in the top 10 it shows me how weak current "top" movies are.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 18, 2010, 12:35:08 AM »

You think? I think when The Dark Knight (good film not great) and Inception (very good film) are in the top 10 it shows me how weak current "top" movies are.

all depends what you want from  a film which is where the subjective bit comes in. dark knight's not in my personal top 10 but I can see why it would be up there

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 18, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »

all depends what you want from  a film which is where the subjective bit comes in. dark knight's not in my personal top 10 but I can see why it would be up there

When its not even as good as the previous Batman Begins somethings a bit off, and Christian Bales advanced growl turns it into a farce, all imo of course... Cheesy
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 18, 2010, 09:51:17 PM »

Eddie Izzard documentary - fantastic. 10/10. Top class.

Burke and Hare - burke and meh imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 19, 2010, 01:36:24 AM »

catching up on a couple of movies

book of eli- even though the twist wasn't really a twist and was pretty obvious from about 5 minutes in I thought this was awesome. need to watch it again to catch bits I missed I think

2012- shame the world didn't end before they made this crock of shit. doubt I cba to watch the last hour and a half

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: