blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 620806 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: August 14, 2013, 07:36:21 AM »

I forgot to review Alan partridge

It's pretty Norway

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 14, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »

Percy Jackson - Sea of Monsters

Second in the series of Fantasy books brought to the big screen... modern day sons and daughters of Greek gods do battle against the forces of evil.

Remember seeing the first one and quite enjoyed it.. was refreshing and a little different with decent character interaction..

This is more of the same but feels a bit lazy and formulaic.. slick and polished but a bit too much CGI, which although good is not top notch.

Standard summer holidays film and pretty sure a decent afternoons entertainment for you and the kids..

5.5/10

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 14, 2013, 11:00:59 AM »

A Place Beyond the Pines

*** warning may contain spoilers ***

A sideshow motorcycle stunt rider returns to town a year later to discover his lover has had a child. Desperate to provide for his new found kin he turns to robbing banks and escaping using his two wheeled skills.

He quickly becomes notorious until one fateful day he gets cornered and is killed by a rookie cop..the film them switches to the continuing life of the cop his political rise and the chance meeting of his son and the son of the man he killed many years later..

A bit of an odd film this.. as it is split distinctly into two first dealing with the story of the bank robbing stunt rider and then the cop that killed him. I actually enjoyed the abrupt switch in story focus brought about by the unexpected demise of what I originally perceived as the story's hero.

Ryan Gosling plays the stunt rider and is moody and mumbly a la Drive.... this almost led me to a chompy style switch off..I'm not sure whether this is Mr Goslings standard style but I must say he tilts me to death... but I persevered and once the film turned perspective I quite enjoyed which essentially is quite a simple tale. Felt a bit draggy at one point and the ending as so often is the case was a little disappointing but a thoughtful drama that spans two generations of polar opposite lives entwined by a single tragic moment

Worth a look 6/10

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 14, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »

Oh dear, Alan Partirdge. Woeful effort. Steve Coogan has always been patchy but what's happened to Armando Ianucci? Couldn't believe he'd ever be behind something so shite.

It feels nothing like the TV series and too much time has passed. Don't bother with this imo, just go back and watch the good stuff on Gold.

Cinema was half full but didn't hear more than the occasional half-chuckle for the first hour. Then left.

I watched it, huge fan of the TV series going back to The Day Today

I was disappointed too. One big belly laugh for me in the film, a few chortles but generally far too flimsy a script for the big screen

Very surprised to see it rated in the high 80 per cents on rotten tomatoes, just couldn't see that at all

I saw it in a reasonably large audience and the largest laugh over the film was for the one piece of genuine slapstick (trousers). Whether this reflects on the audience or the film I am not sure

Partridge remains one of the great comic creations, but on the small screen for me where the writing is just right.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 14, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »

The audience in the cinema I went to were chortling all the way through - maybe a more favourable atmosphere for viewing?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: August 14, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »

The audience in the cinema I went to were chortling all the way through - maybe a more favourable atmosphere for viewing?

Occasional chuckles in my cinema. The nose whistle joke was my only laugh out loud moment. The rest was just ok funny for me. I'd wait for the DVD!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: August 14, 2013, 02:19:05 PM »

Documentary/movie by Ken Burns just watch it on you tube:

Part 1.

Part 2.

You like boxing? History? Early American racial tensions? well worth a watch 9/10
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2662 on: August 18, 2013, 02:19:48 AM »

Untouchable (2011)   wow just watch it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/?ref_=sr_1
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2663 on: August 18, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »

The place beyond the pines, I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Clever use of sub plots and their parallels. Tackles a lot of issues, family values, morality, corruption, guilt. Well shot too, especially the motorbike chases, I watched the extras and both Bradley cooper and gosling did their own stunts, very impressive,

Has anyone seen blue valentine? Same director gosling as the lead? I fancy watching that now.

For me this was a solid 7.5/10.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: August 18, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »

parents brought be around the dvd last week, love french flics, this was excellent.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: August 23, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

Untouchable (2011)   wow just watch it

Just watched this and great shout, excellent film. That opening sequence was just about the funniest thing i've ever seen. 10/10

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 24, 2013, 05:50:41 AM »

Untouchable (2011)   wow just watch it

Just watched this and great shout, excellent film. That opening sequence was just about the funniest thing i've ever seen. 10/10

Had it on my hardrive for ages, finally watched it. Loved it!  missus also loved it. Laughed a lot. 9/10.

Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: August 25, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »

How do you follow up the clusterfuck that was Man of Steel?  Cast Ben Affleck as Batman in the new Superman/Batman sequel.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 26, 2013, 05:26:06 AM »

Thanks for this rec.  Not enjoyed a film so much in an absolute age.  Magnificent.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: September 29, 2013, 03:32:33 AM »

Just watched Fast 6, knew I would like it because that is my kind of film, good ending setting the next one up with Jason Statham  Grin
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:09:11 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: