blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Day 1 - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Day 1 - Interactive  (Read 37932 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »

Hello hello and welcome to DTD. I have just arrived after managing not to crash Snoopy's car all the way up the M1, and am all set for a night of hardcore updating and possibly eating a curry later. Mr Floppy is nowhere to be seen, but unless he has managed to crash his car somewhere on the M1, I suspect he will be here shortly. Familiar faces spotted so far include the Blondepoker Boy Band, Steve Jelinek, Des Jonas, Kinboshi who's only come down to play cash, and, er, Jen Mason, who was feeding me sandwiches and cigarettes in the car while simultaneously tuning us in to Smooth FM.
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

good luck 2 the boyband and all the other blondes
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »

Hiring a car is like being a baseball player, you should never swing at the first pitch. The car which I've got that got me here is little more than a speedy toaster on wheels, which groans at any suggestion of going around 70mph. Combined with this, once I reached Nottingham the seatbelt alarm went off repeatedly. For about twenty minutes. Despite the fact I'm sitting comfortably in the chair.

The moral of the story is, don't hire a Mitsubishi Colt.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 07:42:31 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »

Useless fact of the day.

Red Dog prefers cherry sour sweets to actually cherries.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »

Useless fact of the day.

Red Dog prefers cherry sour sweets to actually cherries.

Red Dog is wrong.

Probably shouldn't have said, "Why does nobody want my cherry?" though.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 08:05:53 PM »

And we're off with 96 runners so far, the comedy highlight being Chili, Red-Dog, Jen and Wick Twigg all sitting together. An exasperated Red-Dog stated, "How?"

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 08:07:38 PM »

And we're off with 96 runners so far, the comedy highlight being Chili, Red-Dog, Jen and Wick Twigg all sitting together. An exasperated Red-Dog stated, "How?"

awesome, let us know how hard trigg pwns em.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

glgl to trigg and the boyband.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »

The food of that rare breeder of creature, the Updater.

It's real name is Sweetus Fruitus Sourus but to Dana, it's known simply as 'Sugary Goodness'.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »

Hiring a car is like being a baseball player, you should never swing at the first pitch. The car which I've got that got me here is little more than a speedy toaster on wheels, which groans at any suggestion of going around 70mph. Combined with this, once I reached Nottingham the seatbelt alarm went off repeatedly. For about twenty minutes. Despite the fact I'm sitting comfortably in the chair.

The moral of the story is, don't hire a Mitsubishi Colt. don't fire Jeeves.

fyp

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
LDP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 08:21:34 PM »

GL to Paul 'the Rock of Gibralter' Lammas.

Updates on his stack will be appreciated

TY
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »

GL to Paul 'the Rock of Gibralter' Lammas.

Updates on his stack will be appreciated

TY

oooh yeah gl to paul aswell.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

Mr Paul Lammas is seated at a table currently with Barry Neville, Mr Ralph Karabiner and Dave Smith, among others. One of those others is the gentleman on the winning end of our first all in encounter of the day. His now departed opponent called a bet on the 7-9-9 flop, another on the 3 turn, and somehow found himself all in on the 9 river. Mr Departed could only boast pocket Fives, while Mr Double Up was holding Kings. Here he is raking in his chip-leading new stack:

Click to see full-size image.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »

'Reggie' Perrin has suffered early at the hand(s) of Simon 'Chubbs' Nowab. Perrin limped with another player limping the button and the small made up with Chubbs checking.

Two Clubs was the flop and it was checked to 'Reggie' who bet 225 into the 200 pot. Chubbs was the only caller and was warned, "Don't be calling me with 4-5!"

A possible action creating appeared on the term and Nowab again checked with 'Reggie' again betting 225, but this time Nowab raised to to 575 with Reggie calling. The came on the river and now Nowab bet out 1,550 and Perrin said, "You know I'm calling," which he then did.

Chubbs showed , the most average hand in the game, but good here. "Show your kings then," he added. And Perrin did flip the .

Meanwhile Ali Mallu has typically been in the thick of all the action as usual. "I got Mallu-ed" said PI Nick Slade. But Mallu since busted out. Aggressively betting a the whole way but being called by which was good against Mallu's one pair. Mallu exited soon after, so quickly that we missed the hand completely.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »

According to Mr Tikay of Sky Poker fame, Anthony Nicholls attempted to carry on tradition by busting himself out in the first hand like he did at the Mini Festival a few weeks ago, but instead had to settle for losing around half his stack. Mr Nicholls made it 300, I understand from the big blind, and received six callers and one reraise to 1000. Nicholls re-reraised another 1000 and was called, and another 3000 found its way into the pot by the turn, but Nicholls eventually gave it up. There were murmurs of two-pair-over-two-pair, but, as tikay put it, "I think one was nicking and the other was at it."

Train stories not going down well again:

Meanwhile, across the table, "Tell everyone that Pete Charalambous is getting drunk."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: