blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack £500 - FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack £500 - FINAL TABLE  (Read 30112 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2008, 10:20:28 PM »

After Andrew Tuxworth started the day making the alarming calls and big raises which effectively bullied the table into submission, he seems to have changed his game somewhat and limping on the button or having a single stab at a flop occasionally has become more of the order of the day for him.  He still has a commanding chip lead, but with Rusin (350k) and Murphy (300k) inching ever upwards, he's not looking as invincible as he was this afternoon. 

He needs to remember that hundreds of snakes died so he could wear that shirt and do their memory justice.

Much though I love the idea of Mr. Tuxworth showing up in a snakeskin shirt, it's just a strange effect of the flash/downsizing the picture which makes his brown and blue lined (in checks) mustard regular non-animal-product shirt look so cool.  Sorry to disappoint.

You couldn't have lied? 

I did.  I didn't want to disturb our more sensitive viewers with this picture of a snake just before it expired due to consuming an electric blanket (no lie - it's on national geographic) and was then made into Tuxworth's shirt.  But since it means so much to you, sod our sensitive viewers.

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2008, 10:26:24 PM »

After Andrew Tuxworth started the day making the alarming calls and big raises which effectively bullied the table into submission, he seems to have changed his game somewhat and limping on the button or having a single stab at a flop occasionally has become more of the order of the day for him.  He still has a commanding chip lead, but with Rusin (350k) and Murphy (300k) inching ever upwards, he's not looking as invincible as he was this afternoon. 

He needs to remember that hundreds of snakes died so he could wear that shirt and do their memory justice.

Much though I love the idea of Mr. Tuxworth showing up in a snakeskin shirt, it's just a strange effect of the flash/downsizing the picture which makes his brown and blue lined (in checks) mustard regular non-animal-product shirt look so cool.  Sorry to disappoint.

You couldn't have lied? 

I did.  I didn't want to disturb our more sensitive viewers with this picture of a snake just before it expired due to consuming an electric blanket (no lie - it's on national geographic) and was then made into Tuxworth's shirt.  But since it means so much to you, sod our sensitive viewers.

God bless you, I've never felt so alive

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:12 PM »

Players are now on a short break, Paul Murphy picking up a couple of good pots.

In one limped pot, the board of Q-Q-7-8-6 was checked to the river where Murphy bet 55k and was called but Tuxworth then mucked when Murphy showed 8-8.

Soon after Murphy limp/called a raise of 20k and the two players checked to the river of a two hearts river where Murphy bet 20k, Tuxworth passed and Murphy showed .

Finally in the last hand before the break. Murphy called Tuxworth's 32k button raised and then another 20k on the flop, both players checked the turn before Murphy bet out 55k on the river. Tuxworth called and Murphy showed , but then the chip leader showed for the rivered re-re-suck.

WonkyJim just doubled up with K-T vs 3-3 to take the chip lead.

MrsSplash

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »

go jim
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »

Jim doubles up his opponent with A-7 vs A-Q.

Meanwhile in the main event, (imagine an narrator of a superhero cartoon announcing that)...

Paul Murphy is down to roughly 250k and facing an almost 5:1 deficit. He actually just put in his first raise for what I'm guessing would be in maybe an hour, Tuxworth called and they then proceeded to check down the Two Diamonds board to the river. Tuxworth showed and won. Murphy needs to pick up a lot of cards or completely change his strategy to win here and time is starting to run out, because Tuxworth is throwing out bets often enough to take the majority of pots down.

Incidentally, I don't think I've seen a single re-raise or check/raise since they've been heads-up, it's just not like any poker HU I've ever seen before.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

Well, Murphy is trying to get some chips now... he doesn't seem scared of coming second, just cautious once a hand has started to play out, and the majority of his bets are pre and on the river.  At the moment. 

Once he moved in on a board reading (having called a minbet from Tuxworth on the flop, and checked the turn) but didn't entice a call.

Just now he limped on the button, and when Tuxworth raised, he shoved in pre and waited for a tense minute while he looked like he was actually going to get a call.  But no.

"I'm not going to get you to put your chips in am I?" asks Paul Murphy, giving the impression that he wished he had.  Tuxworth shakes his head. 
"You're going to fall asleep before I get fed up," ends Murphy.  It's possible.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »

Jim doubles up his opponent with A-7 vs A-Q.

Meanwhile in the main event, (imagine an narrator of a superhero cartoon announcing that)...

Paul Murphy is down to roughly 250k and facing an almost 5:1 deficit. He actually just put in his first raise for what I'm guessing would be in maybe an hour, Tuxworth called and they then proceeded to check down the Two Diamonds board to the river. Tuxworth showed and won. Murphy needs to pick up a lot of cards or completely change his strategy to win here and time is starting to run out, because Tuxworth is throwing out bets often enough to take the majority of pots down.

Incidentally, I don't think I've seen a single re-raise or check/raise since they've been heads-up, it's just not like any poker HU I've ever seen before.

or will again!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »

how many left in the £100?

I'd just like to say apart from perhaps the start time of the £500 DTD have once again put on a feast of poker fit for a king!

Well done DTD

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »

I'd just like to say apart from perhaps the start time of the £500 DTD have once again put on a feast of poker fit for a king!

Well done DTD

and great job by the updaters!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2008, 11:06:04 PM »

What Bandit would look like if he was a bouncer in the 80's with a mullet cut!!!

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2008, 11:09:29 PM »

What Bandit would look like if he was a bouncer in the 80's with a mullet cut!!!

That's Danny aka Yogi-Bear.

Paul Murphy has decided upon a whole new plan of attack. He's shoving every hand.

So far it works, but obviously you know the old addage that it works everytime but one. The way he's going though, he'll soon have a stack where he can't really shove anymore, but perhaps if it's working and he doesn't think he'll beat Tuxworth, then he might not stop just moving all-in preflop.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »

Well done DTD

15 I think.

Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »

I think they might be long lost brothers

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »

Well, it had started to go a bit like this - Paul moves in and Andrew passes OR They see a flop/full board and Andrew bets off the much shorter stack. 

A couple of Andrew-takes-it-down pots led up to another Paul-moves-in-pre one, but this time there was a difference - Andrew Tuxworth instacalled!

Andrew: 
Paul:  three clubs  "I didn't see it!" protested Paul.  We understand, we do.

Flop:  two spades   Turn and river: irrelevant so that means:

Paul Murphy finishes 2nd, winning £9,555

and Andrew Tuxworth is the CHAMPION of the DTD Deepstack £500 event, winning £15,925

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 11:21:53 PM »

I think they might be long lost brothers

wtf?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: