blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Bolton: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 43966 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »

'Refusing to take it quietly' of the day:

In fact, this photo was taken just moments after Pete Linton doubled through. It wasn't a brisk affair though, and much deliberation was undertaken before Pete pushed his remaining chips over the line. His foe was Chris Wright (pictured below), who had his man dominated with versus , but a board soon put a stop to that and swiftly turned the tide in the favour of the Nottingham pro. As you can see from the quoted picture, he was more than jubilant in victory.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 06:07:49 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »

One player already in survival mode is A Shah, but he seems to be doing a good job of staying alive thus far. After an initial raise of 600, Shah pushed over the top for around 3,500, which was enough to force his opponent to fold A-J face up. Shah mucked.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »

Lynne Beaumont, who was last spotted in Newcastle, has recently enjoyed a double up - versus surviving an uneventful three diamonds board.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »

'Skullman' Gerald David has also been busy doubling up his short stack (if this trend continues, we may never lose a player!). He was all in with kings versus aces, and managed to spike a set on the river to temporarily foil Sam Trickett's plans for GUKPT domination. The size of the pot (around 4.5k) means Sam is still smiling.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »

Players are just going on their 40 minute dinner break, just as we lost Mick Fletcher to Dyfed Price's set of fives. Adam 'Clarkatroid' is short but squeezed out a bunch of limpers and then showed to add a decent chunk to his stack.

Also improving after slow starts are Julian Thew and John 'Johnes147' Eames who are both on around 15k.

************* 40 minute dinner break ***************

phatomch

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »

can we have photos of the female dealers please and i can point out the one flushy had his wicked way with whilst drunk in plymouth. Ill give you a clue shes older and short 
#

please
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »

news on womble and zach please

ariston

better lucky than good
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2008, 06:49:22 PM »

Good luck to Tricky Trickett, Pete Linton and Julian!

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008, 06:49:45 PM »

Read the thread mug ..

Zach went out ages ago ... Womble hasnt played a hand.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »

Read the thread mug ..

Zach went out ages ago ... Womble hasnt played a hand.

ok read the thread and the last word on zach was that he had doubled up his couple of grand after hitting a ten on the river to give him a str8 with his 99. cant see where it says he has gone

ariston

better lucky than good
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »

womble on 35k just spoke to him. he has apparently had aces 16 times already

ariston

better lucky than good
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »

I know, just wanted to make you read the thread LOOOOOOOOOOL

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2008, 07:13:35 PM »

While I was munching on my jam roly poly (which I'm assured is "part of the cuisine up't north"), I manged to delve deep into the internal hand history accumulator that is Richard Hawes' memory and learn of an intriguing three way pot involving Andrew Andreou. According to Richard, Andrew raised it up preflop from the cut-off to 600, only for the button to make the call and the blind to bump it up to 2,650. After tanking for a good few minutes, Andrew eventually folded pocket kings (or so he claimed), and the button called. The button then proceeded to check call 4,000 on the J-9-8 flop, and then a final 5,000 on the deuce turn before being met by pocket aces. However, a ten on the river dealt out a cruel blow to defect the bullets and send the pot sailing over to the jubilant ladies.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »

FAO Beagle, Jen Merton:

I am just about to bake chocolate chunk and marshmallow cookies. Hurry home if you want some.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2008, 07:25:26 PM »

Richard Hawes' brains weren't the only ones I was caught picking during the break. I also grabbed hold of Jen Mason to to prise out her tales of woe. "I had aces on one hand and just flat called a raise," she started. "I then raised his continuation bet on a king high two spades flop." "Just call, for pot control," suggested NoflopsHomer admantly. "I can't give him a cheap card with two spades on the board," replied Jen. "But he doesn't often have a flush draw there," came back the Floppster. As I remained blissfully ignorant on who to side with (I think I went with Jen because she's more terrifying), I urged for the story to reach a conclusion. "Well, he flatted my raise," she continued, and then check-raised me on the king turn. "I folded, and I'm sure he had the best hand. I didn't need to see his cards."

Confident of making the correct decision, Jen was nevertheless left to nurture a depleted stack, and one which had dipped as low as 2,500, but recent times have seen it flourish to 8,000 once again, partly due to the movement in her neighbouring seat. "I think Sam Trickett moving tables was the best thing that's happened to me today. The guy who replaced him limped in from the small blind one hand, and I checked my Ad-7d. I then called his bet on every street of an ace high board, with the flush arriving on the river. I didn't want to push the river, because the board was paired."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: